What did you BUY today?

I may have blown a little bit too much cash on French comics this morning.
And cancelled, because Amazon still haven't dispatched them despite both listed as being in stock when I ordered on Tuesday. If they're going to delay a £100+ order for going on five days simply because I declined to pay for delivery they can shove it. I'll pick 'em up next time I'm in France instead.

And cancelled, because Amazon still haven't dispatched them despite both listed as being in stock when I ordered on Tuesday. If they're going to delay a £100+ order for going on five days simply because I declined to pay for delivery they can shove it. I'll pick 'em up next time I'm in France instead.

Well that’s one way to solve the problem. How regularly do you end up over there?

Well that’s one way to solve the problem. How regularly do you end up over there?
Once a year, I have family over there.

More than anything it’s Amazon’s attitude to shoving orders to the back of a queue even when customers are spending a considerable amount with them that pisses me off. If you’re spending enough to qualify for free delivery, you’re already spending enough to have your order treated with the same priority imo. I might have recieved better service if I'd ordered it to an Amazon locker, but both the nearby ones were full and unable to accept deliveries on Tuesday. Apparently, they still are.

Despatch delays of this kind of length are ridiculous when other companies like Zavvi and Wordery offer free delivery by default and get in stock orders sent out asap. It’s enough for me to not want to give Amazon my money anyway.

Last edited:
Ordered a few Funimation LEs from Rightstuf this morning, since there is a Funi Sale with code going on:

Grimgar: Ashes and Illusions LE
Zestiria the X: Part 1 LE
Orange LE

Also, I'll post these photos here, I bought a new HP Color Laserjet MFP Printer two weeks ago, and last Friday I received a slide-out shelf with rails I ordered from eBay, to mount inside my computer rack to sit the printer on. With this I can pull the printer outside the cabinet to open the lid on the flatbed scanner when I need to use it - it worked out perfectly! I also purchased a Western Digital 8 TB USB 3.0 external hard drive, and connected it up to my main computer, you can just see the black drive standing vertical next to the power supply for my 2-meter ham radio, on the shelf above the printer:

http://freytheater.com/forum/computer/colorprinter3.jpg

http://freytheater.com/forum/computer/colorprinter2.jpg

http://freytheater.com/forum/computer/colorprinter1.jpg

Last edited:
Bought four Ikea LACK tables (55x55 cm) this weekend to transform them in a self-made audio rack. Put me back a whopping 24€ :)
Finally got around constructing my high-end (ahem) ;) Ikea LACK audio-rack. Result of this can be seen in the spoiler tags for those interested. Total cost was just sigh of 50€ where the four wheels were actually the 'expensive part'

DSC_0001.jpg

Lego for adults :)

DSC_0004.jpg

Base shelf with blocks for next shelf's legs and four wheels with brakes

DSC_0008.jpg

One of the two shelfs with blocks to keep next shelf's legs in place

DSC_0001.jpg

The end result

Ooo, I like the style of the Veloster - unfortunately I'm probably too big to fit into one. I almost need an SUV to get the ceiling height I need for my tall torso. I currently drive a Scion xB because of the nice big doors and high ceiling it offers with it's boxy shape, yet still be a fairly small car. My daughter has a Scion Tc and I can't even get into the passenger seat without a shoehorn, and my head is turned sideways smack against the roof.

Arma III from the Steam sale, mainly just so I can drive around the remade Malden from the first Operation Flashpoint in the editor and feel all nostalgic.

Ooo, I like the style of the Veloster - unfortunately I'm probably too big to fit into one. I almost need an SUV to get the ceiling height I need for my tall torso. I currently drive a Scion xB because of the nice big doors and high ceiling it offers with it's boxy shape, yet still be a fairly small car. My daughter has a Scion Tc and I can't even get into the passenger seat without a shoehorn, and my head is turned sideways smack against the roof.

I was worried about space as i have 2 small children but its suprisingly spacious. Korean cars are just as reliable as Japanese cars so thats a bonus.

Ordered

No Game No Life Zero - Regular Edition

I wanted to watch the film really bad so decided to just order the Japanese blu-ray. I couldn't really justify the extra £25 for the LE since the only real nice extra is the box it comes in, and £70 for a film was a hard pill to swallow.

1519357045409.png

Back