Your viewing journal

Well the area where it obviously goes downhill is where the author probably died. The novel the film is based on was finished posthumous

That probably explains that. It’s unfortunate when the authors die and someone else has to finish it off, don’t get me wrong generally I’d rather have someone else finish it off but sometimes it just doesn’t pan out so well.

Junti Ito Collection episode 3 A better episode than it's predecessors, and the end story was pretty good. Guess I'll hang on for another episode.

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings episodes 1-12 (Complete. A decent, if unremarkable action series that boasts some cool action set pieces that accompany and improve a simple but solid storyline. Will watch season 2, the last party and season 3 in the future) 3.5/5

Katana Maidens ~ Toji No Miko ep 3 (On Hold)
Nothing much happens in this episode, but it turns out it's a 2 cour series so I guess there'll be some slow episodes. Thus it's going on hold.

Record of Grancrest War ep 3 (On Hold)
Still like a JRPG (in fact it is an adaptation of a novel/table top RPG). First sub-boss and more recruits. Another 2 cour, so again on hold.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens ep 2
A bit more concentrated on seemingly the 2 MCs (maybe a hint of yaoi in the OP). And boy did that ending get me hooked.

Beatless (On Hold)
So the kick-ass android (who is also good at domestic tasks) is now a supermodel! I mean come on! No action in this episode at all. Another 2 cour on hold.

Darling in the FranXX is also a 2 cour, so will go on hold as well after the second episode. Which means, oh no, to make up my ten I have to watch

Killing Bites ;)

Trashy ecchi fun. If RoGW is like a JRPG story this is like a tacked on fighting game story with characters resembling a mash-up of Bloody Roar and Dead or Alive.

Mary and the Witch's Flower at the Fathom Events Premiere at my local theater last night. It was just ok, I was disappointed because it was not nearly as good as Yonebayashi's other two movies, Arrietty or Marnie. Basically it was just a children's movie, with not enough depth for adults to really enjoy. It looked like a Studio Ghibli movie but played out more like a Disney movie. Second half was very rushed; it should have been longer to flesh things out more.

DARLING in the FRANXX (Japanese audio) - Episode 2

Well this show certainly upped on the fanservice and 'symbolism'.
lb3qjvB.gif

zWimPHB.jpg

8p0HTeg.gif

JllTOVe.png

Paranoia Agent eps 11-13
So the whole thing is about the figment of one persons imagination that somehow sent everybody into a mass psychological meltdown which destroyed the city! I guess it's a sort of commentary on the influence of famous people/popular culture.
So on the Satoshi Kon confus-ometer, the rankings from least to most confusing is:
Tokyo Godfathers > Millennium Actress > Perfect Blue > Paranoia Agent > Paprika

Citrus ep 3
Talk about mixed messages from Mei!

Darling in the FranXX ep 2 (On Hold)
Well this show certainly upped on the fanservice and 'symbolism'.
lb3qjvB.gif

zWimPHB.jpg

8p0HTeg.gif

JllTOVe.png
Certainly is a unique control interface :oops: ;) :D

Alright, so round 2/3 of the current season is done. And I've whittled down my watch list to D1tchd1gger's Anime List - MyAnimeList.net

Of the binge later list, I might wait and see what the English VA is like for FranXX and Katana Maidens before binging them and Beatless might get dropped if it doesn't improve over that episode 2 filler (episode 3 preview looked interesting at least). Oh and I need to get Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls before resuming the current follow up.

Last edited:
Darling in the franXX episode 2 Well that's one way to pilot a mech I guess, "Get it up already!" "I'm trying" Also aside from the obvious Evangelion references, I'm getting serious Aquarion EVOL vibes here.

Pop Team Epic episode 3 So they're gonna repeat the episode each week eh?

The Ancient Magus' Bride
episode 15 Wasn't expecting an attempted drowning this week...

Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash episodes 1-6

First impression of WaSuYu
Lovely Animation and Visuals with great characters.. Very much looking forward to this series even knowing I'm going to be sat in a corner crying by the end of it
/NO SPOILERS PLEASE

The ancient Magus Bride (Episode 15)- Man, I'm just not interested anymore. It's like every episode something bad happens to Chise, only to be resolved in a couple of minutes. It's basically "The boy who cried wolf", I'm no longer interested in Chise's story. The second half was great though, Silky is adorable.

Citrus (Episode 3)- I thought the Grandpa's change of heart was quick and abrupt, but the rest was pretty good. I'm going to stick with it.

Darling in the Franxx (Episode 2)- Hahaha! This series isn't even trying to be subtle, and I love it! In starting to like the main character now, he was boring in the first episode, but after piloting the mech with Zero Two he's been a lot more motivated. Speaking of Zero Two, she's awesome. Definitely my favourite character in this show so far. Oh, and I like the Op & Ed songs.

I haven't watched Cardcaptor Sakura at all this week (I've been busy lately), so maybe I'll get around to watching a few later today.

Hunter x Hunter - Episodes 62 - 67 - Still not sold on this arc tbh, Bisky is kinda alright but I feel I'm just sitting about waiting on something to actually happen, although considering how the last episode ended I think that's something is about to go down.

I think I also watched an episode of The Ancient Magus Bride since I last posted but not sure, as excited as I was at the start I'm really struggling to find any enthusiasm to watch it, which is a shame as I do like it well enough, kinda weird really.

Back