What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

From YesAsia; "Ultraman X" part 1 and 2 blu-ray (Panorama, Hong Kong), from the All the Anime webshop; "A Silent Voice" Collector's Edition blu-ray

ya1.jpg

Finally got this from the Zavvi Black Friday sale:

DSC_1275.JPG

I'm a little annoyed as it was called the Complete Collection (on Zavvi) and says in the description that all the on disc stuff from the Ultimate Edition was included, so I thought it would contain the movies and parallel works, but it doesn't :mad:

Screenshot_20171212-124234.png

What makes it more annoying is that it took so long to get here so I didn't realise this in time for the AL Christmas sale that included the movie collection :mad::mad:

The JP import version of Gundam Thunderbolt Bandit Flower arrived yesterday from Rightstuf. Here are a few photos of it along with the copy of December Sky I got back in July of 2016 - a perfectly matching set!
Actually i completely forgot about Bandit Flower :oops: and it seems the LE is already sold out ... bummer

38295043444_4a0e3ac1e2_b.jpg

Got a bunch of stuff today. Picked up Gunbuster and Gunbuster 2 from the Post Office, courtesy of @unknownfate, Noragami Season 2 is from AL's 12 Deals sale, Game of Thrones Season 7 I picked up due to the supermarket I work for having a double discount day, meaning I got it for £24, and lastly JoJo Part 3 Volume 5 I got at Waterstones, I had no idea it was out, and it was only marginally more expensive than Amazon.

DQ3QPq4W4AEV---.jpg

There wasn't much games to get for the 3 for 2 deal in GAME (there was Resistance Burning Skies but it's apparently a poorly received game anyway) so I decided to stick with Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni for £16.61. The original plan was to acquire the LE but it sold out and decided it wasn't worth the high price point anyway. This will be my 24th PlayStation Vita title for my collection.

Valkyrie Drive is one of the other titles from the creator of Senran Kagura alongside Uppers. It's gameplay I believe is very similar to the Senran Kagura franchise also. There is an anime but that covers a different cast of characters, and the main two leads in this game are available as DLC for Senran Kagura Estival Versus & Peach Beach Splash. For those who are interested in getting this game it's worth noting that the prices are going up so it might be selling out completely, average price point has been £30 at least.

While I was in town I did see Katamari Vita for £10 in CeX but I wanted to know more about what people thought of it before picking it up.

Ordered before the price drop to $14.99, arrived after everyone who ordered after me and got caught by customs...

How did it get caught by customs when its under the VAT value. They should only take postage into account if the base value of the item exceeds £15, which a $14.99 item does not.

Was the customs declaration form on ur package done incorrectly by Rightstuf?

They should only take postage into account if the base value of the item exceeds £15, which a $14.99 item does not.
Postage is always taken into account. The risk was still there for those who ordered at $14.99, they just got lucky.

Notice 143: a guide for international post users - GOV.UK
The value of the goods for import VAT is based on the:
  • basic value of goods, plus
  • postage, packing and insurance, plus
  • any import (Customs or Excise) duties charged
I can't find anywhere that says shipping costs don't count if the item itself is under £15.

Postage is always taken into account. The risk was still there for those who ordered at $14.99, they just got lucky.

Notice 143: a guide for international post users - GOV.UK

I can't find anywhere that says shipping costs don't count if the item itself is under £15.

Your quote is for what exactly they charge the import VAT on value wise.The threshold to charge is different.

The best example without me digging through annoying crappy gov websites is Amazon's VAT deposit system.

If your item is under the £15 threshold it doesn't add any VAT deposit to the order even if the shipping puts the total order value over £15.

Back