UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Apparently an order I placed on 9th they are having troubles taking payment? And that was one of my best day buys? And it says on PayPal and my bank that the money as.been authorised? Please don't cancel my order whatever is going on

After a couple calculations what I got had an rrp of ~240, saving me approximately £102 plus whatever the mystery box is worth. Got to say, as always I’m astounded by these sales.

Let's see where I'm at.

Day 1: Escaflowne UE & Miss Hokusai: £73.48

Day 2: Maasaki Yuasa Bundle: 28.99

Day 4: Claymore Collector's Edition: £19.99

Day 8: Sword of the Stranger pre-order: £14.99

Day 9: FMA pt. 1, Rage of Bahamut and Gankutsuou: £39.97

Day 11: Wings of Honneamise: £7.99

Grand total: £185.41

Easily, the most I've spent on one of these sales. Couple this also buying Outlaw Star, Anthem of the Heart (both from Zavvi), A Silent Voice (both standard and later collector's), Hyouka Part 1, Eureka Seven UE, Your Name Steelbook, In This Corner of the World collectors edition from Manga and Nichijou and Soredemo Machi from Rightstuf has meant the last 4-5 weeks have been crazy expensive. Including the bs £17.23 import fees for two small disks, my anime spending alone has totalled just over £490! Well, feast and famine and all that.

On a semi-related note, I should really start my Christmas shopping for friends and family this week (puts head in hands ^^)

Last edited:
My spends:

Day 2:
Masaaki Yuasa Bundle (£28.99)
Day 5: Noragami Aragoto (£17.99)
Day 8: Sword of the Stranger (£14.99)
Day 11: Full Metal Panic (£17.99) - Was tempted by Noein too but spent too long thinking about it and it sold out
Day 12: BD Mystery Box (£39.99) - Managed to grab one after they initially sold out

So a total of £120. Felt like I was rationing myself quite well until I added it all up at the end! (We'll ignore the £88 I've also spent with MVM so far...) Still, 'tis the season and all that. My anime collection has been due a boost anyway. At least that's how I'll justify it to myself :p

Sword of the Stranger and ZZ Gundam Part 2 I was hoping for in the sale (and AL didn’t disappoint), Noein was a nice added bonus. I was never going to get the mystery box so I’m very happy with my purchases.

I couldn't participate in the AL 12-days sale, so now I'm just hoping there will be a general sale eventually at AL, AOL, Amazon, or Zavvi, as I wish to pick up these CEs at some point:

Sword of the Stranger
Ajin Part 1
Gangsta

I pretty much already own everything else that was in the 12 days sale, except for a handful of titles I'm not interested in.

I ended up going for:-

Ping Pong/Tatami Galaxy Bundle £28.99
Assassination Classroom Season 1 £24.99
Sword Of The Stranger £14.99
Harmony £9.99 (I already bought this but the steelbook ended up getting scratched- so just replacing this one at a cheaper price).
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ Part 2 £29.99
Outlaw Star £12.99
RE: Cyborg 009 £4.99

Total £126.93 but based on AL shop prices I saved something like £280+ so not bad at all. Missed a couple of deals but with savings like that I'm not complaining. In comparison I only bought ONE thing last year which was the Space Dandy set.

I couldn't participate in the AL 12-days sale, so now I'm just hoping there will be a general sale eventually at AL, AOL, Amazon, or Zavvi, as I wish to pick up these CEs at some point:

Sword of the Stranger
Ajin Part 1
Gangsta

Sword of the Stranger is £19.99 at amazon last time I checked. That's the lowest its going to go I feel. AL even stated it wouldn't even of gotten a Early Bird if it wasn't for christmas deals due to how cheap it is.

Works been chaos (Non-Stop, literally) so I guess thats £40 saved as they're both sold out :'(

Time to go clean the house because I might as well make it up to 12hrs non-stop :)

If folks can give it an hour or so to allow for the vagaries of e-mail that would be good. Oh, and check our spam folders of course!

If you still don't have anything, can you drop an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject ERASED Early Bird, and let me know your e-mail address and (if you have it) your ERASED order number, then I'll look into it for you.

@Hanners - Email sent as I didn't get the email yesterday.

Also, I've had no response to my enquiry about exchanging my Your Name CE (last chased on 30th November...)

Well, I got:

Day 1. Miss Hokusai Ultimate Edition (£20.99)
Day 8. Sword of the Stranger (£14.99)
Day 9. Psycho Pass 2 (£14.99)
Day 11. Noein (£4.99)
Day 12. Blu Ray mystery bundle (£39.99)

And that's why the good lord invented credit cards.

Back