UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Is it bad that i ordered stuff 7 days ago and still no despatch? Made about 6 or 7 orders and nothing sent?

To offer some reassurance, so far, nothing I ordered has arrived bar Claymore (including the Tatami / Ping Pong pack, which was the deal from the day before, if I remember correctly.)

I'm not overly worried, though. I expect delays can simply be ascribed to the time of year. Plus, as Ayase has just SO HELPFULLY REMINDED US, there's an advisory to allow 7 days from the end of the promo / sale period for orders to turn up.

Last edited:
Picked up Outlaw Star and Cyborg 009. I understand a lot of people don't think much of the RE movie but I enjoyed it. The 2001 series (re-released on disc next year) and the original manga are better though. If it's your introduction to the 009 universe I can understand the opinion. Couldn't say no to either of those prices. Even though i've already got Evangelion 1:1 I was slightly tempted by the nice packaging and the nice NERV teatowel. I need help. Never seen Noein but it was out of stock already anyway. Was interested in Full Metal Panic as well but sadly again it was out of stock. I already own Wings of Honeamise. Awesome savings today. I didn't expect to bite so often but I've bought stuff on 7/11 days so far.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Yes we can, thanks.
Well it didn’t feel like it, because they’re not really delays (and they’re certainly not unexpected) when the despatch time is stated right there on the offer page. Just seems a bit harsh on AL to keep referring to them as such.

I picked up Wings of Honneamise, which I've always been tempted on, but a certain infamous decision regarding that movie always put me off. I would have snapped up as many copies of Noein as I could at that price, despite owning it, but I've been at work all day and missed that opportunity. I already picked up FMP as a pre-order and also Outlaw Star a few weeks ago from Zavvi. Considering that copy naturally suffered slight damage in the post, I am tempted to double dip.

Naturally, I have limited knowledge on how businesses like Anime Limited run and don't want to unintentionally spread rumours or naysaying, but I'm not sure if I should feel a little worried about this year's '12 Days' sale. I've been following these offers since the company first started introducing them, but there's never been anything quite as large scale or drastic in terms of reductions, as this year. I mean £5-15 for collector's sets like Noein or Tokyo Ghoul seems absolutely absurd to me, and surely must be a loss-making sale. I'm just concerned that the recent western industry upheaval is biting them considerably hard, especially with CR trying to become their own distributor and Sentai (who traditionally don't sublicense to AL) using their Amazon partnership to acquire the foreseeable big hits). Obviously AL's practice of licensing as many titles as possible has subsided in the last few years, but I can't help but wonder whether this 12 Days mass clearance on titles (some relatively new) is a detrimental sign of the current boom/bust climate, or step towards a radically different strategy (of which soundtracks and mass-nerd media like board games are part of), as a failsafe against future uncertainty.

Apologies if this post makes fairly broad or incorrect assumptions.

Last edited:
Already own the manga release of 1.11 and the bandai release of honneamise, not seen the rest and wasn't interested in getting them but good prices for those interested.

EDIT: In fact I own 1.11 multiple times but the AL release does nothing for me.

As noted by Grav in the news section, Your Name is now streaming both subtitled and dubbed with Japanese songs for Amazon Prime members.
The good news is that the Amazon stream isn't based on Madman's BD, and it doesn't appear to have the audio, video or subtitle issues affecting said release.
The only down side (other than being a stream ;)) is that it seems to lack song subtitles, suggesting Madman's sloppy subtitle edit was thrown out.
If I had to have a guess I'd say it's based on the @anime master, but either way, it's a good stop gap until the fixed BD arrives.

A Silent Voice collectors edition is back down to £29.99 on Amazon :) (for a while it went up to £40+).
£25 on United Publications, it's listed as a "re-release", not really sure what that means but I assume it's the CE.

*Just noticed I'm no longer a "Pokemon Master" and I am now a "Death Scythe"... this pleases me.

Also just sent 2 emails to Anime Limited and reading them back I write like I'm 12 >_> screw it, I'm exhausted so going to bed.

Last edited:
Back