UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Ha ha! That FMP box for £17.99, I will have some of that!

9cpZ1ES.jpg

I'm glad I didn't have the money to buy it earlier now.

I'll choose to ignore Outlaw Star being £12.99 after I just bought it for £23.99.

Last edited:
Wow... I'll take Honneamise, I've been waiting for that to drop or for a standard edition to come out. I really would have liked to see Aldnoah part 2 though rather than just a rehash of last years bundle contents. I enjoyed the series enough to pick up part 2 but not for the prices it's currently going for.

Enjoy, spend money, Merry Christmas... blah blah blah *BAH HUMBUG* :p

Ahhh... the TRUE spirit of xmas. I've gone all gooey on the inside. Although, most likely, that's just the enchiladas I had last night acting up again.

(Hope you can find five minutes to kick back when this is all over, Jeremy!)

I'll choose to ignore Outlaw Star being £12.99 after I just bought it for £23.99.
Same.
Don't know whether to pick up Evangelion or not. Will AL get the rest at some point because it's yet another property split over 2 publishers I would like the same treatment for the other films. I've got Noein on the Manga Force Collection and it's now on Crunchyroll, but that price is tempting, just gonna watch an episode now as I never got round to watching the MFC copy. And FMP looks interesting.

Same.
Don't know whether to pick up Evangelion or not. Will AL get the rest at some point because it's yet another property split over 2 publishers I would like the same treatment for the other films. I've got Noein on the Manga Force Collection and it's now on Crunchyroll, but that price is tempting, just gonna watch an episode now as I never got round to watching the MFC copy. And FMP looks interesting.
Get the blurays for Noien, the old Manga dvd version is dubtitled.

So happy with today's deals, have been wanting to get Noein for ages because it's such a pretty release, but also have the DVD's so couldn't justify spending too much.

Also been meaning to pick up Hal for ages, was even looking to buy it on eBay yesterday, so I'm so happy I waited. My friend will be pleased with the Escaflowne dvd set as well.

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing for me. If eva was a better price I'd consider it but its priced more than two cour series.

Tad disappointed that on a day of great deals there is nothing for me.

Too bad the standard BD of Escaflowne isn't on sale, that's a series I've never seen so wasn't really willing to shell out for the UE even at the discounted price, but I don't really want DVD either. Not going to complain though since this is a cracking day of deals.

What the heck is left for the Mystery Box?

Finally Noein on sale, folks go out and buy this series. It's a cool show and don't let the animation put you off from it. Crispin Freeman is in the English dub if you like to hear his voice.

In addition I double-dipped for Expelled From Paradise and acquired 009 Re:Cyborg 3D for the Christmas haul.

That concludes my Anime Limited Christmas Sale Hauls as I have no plans for the Mystery Box.

Acquired from Sale:
Day 3: Genius Party & Genius Party Beyond
Day 4: Claymore*
Day 7: Asssassination Classroom Season 1 Bundle*
Day 8: Sword of the Stranger
Day 10: Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ Part 2
Day 11: 009 Re:Cyborg 3D*, Expelled from Paradise*, Noein ~to your other self~

On Sale but Not Viable:
Day 2: Ping Pong the Animation (Reason: Bundle only)
Day 5: Noragami Aragoto (Reason: I DON'T HAVE SEASON 1 ROFL)

Passed On:
Day 1: Giovanni's Island & Miss Hokusai
Day 5: Numerous Funimation UK standard edition sets
Day 9: Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) Part 1

*As part of the Christmas Day haul

Updated my prediction list for the Blu-ray Collector's Edition Mystery Box.

The results are:
Films:
  • The Case of Hana & Alice
  • A Letter to Momo
  • Patema Inverted
  • Psychic School Wars
  • Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning
Films (Released May-Current 2017):
  • The Anthem of the Heart
  • Belladonna of Sadness
  • Tokyo Marble Chocolate
TV Series:
  • Blood Blockade Battlefront
  • Blood Lad
  • Eden of the East
  • Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
  • Lord Marksman and Vanadis
  • Ouran High School Host Club
  • Samurai Flamenco: Part 1
  • Tokyo ESP
  • Your Lie in April: Part 1
TV Series (Released May-Current 2017):
  • Black Butler: Book of Circus
  • Charlotte: Part 1
  • Martian Successor Nadesico
  • Prison School
  • Selector Infected WIXOSS
Absolutely won't be included:
Films:
  • 009 Re:Cyborg 3D
  • Expelled From Paradise
  • Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (not) Alone
  • Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl
  • HAL
  • Project Itoh: Harmony
  • Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise
  • A Silent Voice
  • Your Name
TV Series:
  • Ajin: Demi-Human
  • ALDNOAH ZERO (Season 1)
  • Assassination Classroom (Season 1): Part 1
  • Attack on Titan: Junior High
  • Claymore
  • Durarara!!x2 Shou
  • Durarara!!x2 Ten
  • ERASED: Part 1
  • Expelled From Paradise
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (2003): Part 1
  • Gangsta.
  • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Gundam (all of it)
  • Hyouka: Part 1
  • Noein ~to your other self~
  • Noragami Aragoto
  • Outlaw Star
  • Ping Pong the Animation
  • Psycho-Pass 2
  • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
  • The Tatami Galaxy
  • Tokyo Ghoul: Jack & Pinto
xaYS5X1.gif

Last edited:
Holy... Well, now I'm not sure if I can afford the mystery box, because I just ordered a bunch of things today (I was just going to buy one thing, but screw it, I went back and order two other things... Sorry for giving more separate orders than necessary @anime_andrew !)

So yeah, no mystery box tomorrow... I'm pretty sure... Unless maybe I save some Christmas shopping until the last minute after I get paid on the 22nd? No, no... I shouldn't.... should I?

I'm sure if I send some links to Amazon, they'll just price match the whole thing. I'm positive. 100%.

Anyway, obscene prices. Of those I've already bought:

Noein - very experimental, as far as the animation is concerned, which results in some really spectacular and creative fight scenes. Strong cast of core characters and very interesting premise. Finished rewatching it last week. AL's edition, while simple, is very sleek and elegant with beautiful artwork, as per usual.

Evangelion - haven't watched this yet but AL's set is a thing of beauty, feels very Japanese in its elegance and minimalism. Beautiful set.

HAL - I was expecting a "meh" film, but it's actually a very interesting work of animation with some heartfelt moments. I'm due for a re-watch, actually.

Honneamise - interesting booklet for those of us with a strange boner for production snippets and Anno information. The movie has a cool dogfighting scene or two.

As for the rest, I'll probably end up buying most of those eventually. Would jump on Expelled and, Outlaw Star and 009. Possibly Aldnoah.

Back