UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Picked up Gundam ZZ Part 2. So that's Claymore, Sword of the Stranger and Gundam ZZ Part 2, not a lot but hey I'm happy enough with it (I'm not getting Eden of the East CE, am I? ;_; ).

Before I start digging into some documentation of this huge Gundam Timeline and just get lost... If the only thing I know from the UC universe is reading Gundam Origin and watching half of Unicornm any trouble to follow this ZZ?

They've done it once, and won't do it again. Got to accept you can't get every deal in the world.

I have mostly accepted it, otherwise I would probably whine about it a lot more, I feel.

Mostly accepted it.

In any case, cool for UK folk who are looking to complete their AL collection. I know I am.

Before I start digging into some documentation of this huge Gundam Timeline and just get lost... If the only thing I know from the UC universe is reading Gundam Origin and watching half of Unicornm any trouble to follow this ZZ?
I'd consider jumping into ZZ without MSG 0079 (or at least the movies) and Zeta inadvisable. I mean there's probably not much stopping you from understanding it in its own right, but you'd be missing quite a lot of context and the histories of some of the characters - It leads straight on after the end of Zeta so you'd probably be a bit lost with what's going on with the characters from that show. Origin's actually a great introduction and Unicorn can largely be understood on its own because most major characters have bowed out by that point, but I think MSG > Zeta >ZZ > CCA is definitely the way to watch the old school UC.

The other UC OVAs and movies can pretty much be watched however you like since they're side stories not involving the major characters, but the context of the main series' is still helpful.

Well stop buying so much avocado toast.
If that's a reference to something it went right over my head. What I really need to stop buying is cigarettes and alcohol.

Last edited:
Squeezed in a purchase of Erased this morning after procrastinating about it all day yesterday and a sleepless night. I was planning to wait on a complete collection from either AL or AOA but decided with Part 2 only £20 on Amazon that £35 for all of Erased is too good a deal to pass up.

If that's a reference to something it went right over my head. What I really need to stop buying is cigarettes and alcohol.

A few months back there was a bit of an uproar over the claim millennials can't afford anything because they waste money on stuff like avocado toast. Hence it's become a meme to reference this piece of out of touch stupidity when people are struggling financially.

So it's trash then :3

giphy.gif

Back