UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Well here it is if you want to compare:
wgfjDM2.jpg

Edit: The Standard Version is apparently closest to the original.
pKoQr9m.jpg

I'd actually like to know that about Chobits, Lain and Ergo Proxy. Never seen Chobits but kinda tempted, the other two I love but haven't upgraded since I didn't know if upscales were worth it.

Thank you so much! :D

Well here it is if you want to compare:
wgfjDM2.jpg

Edit: The Standard Version is apparently closest to the original.
pKoQr9m.jpg

I'd actually like to know that about Chobits, Lain and Ergo Proxy. Never seen Chobits but kinda tempted, the other two I love but haven't upgraded since I didn't know if upscales were worth it.
Noooooo hang ya head in shame...not seen chobits....please go watch it nowwww

Really tempted by:

Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun (Combo) £19.99
Tenchi Muyu OVA (Combo) £19.99
The Eccentric Family (Bluray) £19.99

Would also say Lull in the Sea but I've already got that ;) (Bluray) £47.99

MVM have picked some good titles

UK Anime Store

Tenchi muyo ova blu ray

Which version is this on dvd.
I'm pretty sure its the one pictured on the left.

Attachments

• 20171209_105624.jpg
    20171209_105624.jpg
    806.2 KB · Views: 17
Correct, the MVM set doesn't cover Ryo Ohki.

This is where it gets weird. There are three seasons of Ryo-Ohki.
- Ryo-Ohki 1 (1992)
- Ryo-Ohki 2 (1994)
- Ryo-Ohki 3 (2003)

Ryo-Ohki 1 & 2 are the ones included with the Tenchi Muyo! OVA Collection. The 2003 version is not, and it's a separate release/license altogether (which Funimation have UK rights for).

Hope this clears things up (because if you're using MAL or Kitsu you will be confused unless you look up the airing date for these lol).

This is where it gets weird. There are three seasons of Ryo-Ohki.
- Ryo-Ohki 1 (1992)
- Ryo-Ohki 2 (1994)
- Ryo-Ohki 3 (2003)

Ryo-Ohki 1 & 2 are the ones included with the Tenchi Muyo! OVA Collection. The 2003 version is not, and it's a separate release/license altogether (which Funimation have UK rights for).

Hope this clears things up (because if you're using MAL or Kitsu you will be confused unless you look up the airing date for these lol).
I should have typed Ryo-Ohki 3 in my response, but Hopefully this will help those who are confused about the Tenchi OVAs, I sure was when I bought the set a few months back

MVM Christmas Sale Day 3
Hakuoki Season 1-3 and OVA bundle DVD £29.99

I'm a bit disappointed that there's no blu rays up for sale. Don't they want my money?

Last edited:
MVM Christmas Sale Day 3
Hakuoki Season 1-3 and OVA bundle DVD £29.99

I'm a bit disappointed that there's no blu rays up for sale. Don't they want my money?

I expect there will be a mixture of both. They have alot of older titles that were DVD only. Yesterday's deals were pretty good.

Today's deal is Log Horizon seasons 1 and 2 for £39.99 on DVD and Blu Ray. There's an advisory in place that the BD version is in limited supply.

Nabbed my copy already. I've been nagged by so many people to check it out, it feels like it really would be rude not to.

Back