What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

DQm2dE6XcAElW5u.jpg

After a few days delay probably due to Royal Mail being slow thanks to the Christmas season, the Shop Exclusive Collector's Edition of Genius Party & Genius Party Beyond has arrived finally. Really nice box and a well-detailed booklet. Main menus on the disc look cool as well. You can view the entire set up on my blog as AL haven't done an unboxing for it.

C5CZzuM.jpg

Got these yesterday, happy to finally get a copy of Giovanni's Island, actually tried to order it a few weeks back for about £20 but ended cancelling the order shortly after due to buying some gig tickets shortly after and not wanting to overspend. Also got Flowers of Evil, haven't watched it since airing so I'm looking forward to watching it again!

From the All the Anime webshop, "Hyouka" part 1 blu-ray;

ata1.jpg

From JB Hi-Fi Belconnen this morning, "Sailor Moon" blu-ray from Madman Entertainment;

jbhifi1.jpg

For those interested, yes the video is about a thousand times better than the murky, smeary mess that is Viz Media's BD sets. Some of the "stock footage" has a pink or red tint to it (note: I have only watched 10 mins out of a random episode from the fourth disc). I'm not a videophile, but I think the discs are a vast improvement. The specs sheet which was on the back of the box is held by some really crappy glue which for life of me I couldn't remove the residue off the box completely, despite having a good ten minute go at it. Coupled with the Classification Board's insistence of having the largest and most ugliest classification labels in the western world (maybe New Zealand's are worse), this is why I pretty much don't buy anything locally.

Didn't realise the Escaflowne set was so big! :eek:

"Dear Santa, for Christmas I would like more shelf space please..."

Lol, I know what you mean! I actually just built and installed two additional Blu-ray shelf units for my theater room, and as I was loading the one shelf up with all my UK anime, I realized that without even planning for it, I made the shelf spaces just high and deep enough to fit those big AL Ultimate collector's box sets, like Escaflowne, Patema Inverted, and Giovanni's Island. So now they don't have to be stored on a separate bookshelf any longer...

ukshelf1.jpg

I don't know what I look forward to more when a new Game of Thrones Blu Ray comes out, owning the season or seeing how HBO manage to make the boxes more inconsistent than the last. Seriously, to make them look any good on a shelf you have to remove the slipcovers and store them somewhere, if you leave them on, it looks abysmal.

Back