UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Err its a bundle of the original 1985 film and bloodlust. There is no other stuff...

Ah yes, the dangers of replying on way through after an 11hr flight there, sorry! The fact it labeled it just as Vampire Hunter D is what threw me on a scan as it's usually what is used to refer to the OVA as.

Will look into it but the licensor (who is a sales agent in this case) didn't have access to any assets by Amano-san so my suspicion is it was a limited time usage item - so the odds are only licensed in Japan and for that specific set (could be wrong on the latter). Never hurts to ask though!

Odds still very unlikely in light of that though - just not for the original reasons :). EDIT - Additionally odds are even less if it's a joint pack as the committees are different so odds are this illustration was a special agreement and profit share actually for it (those kind of sets are super complex usually).

Best,

AP

Erased Part 1 at a price that is insulting to those of us that bought the early bird at £30? Thanks AL. Meanwhile, Part 2 has been delayed by several months since the Part 1 early bird.

I picked up FMA Part 1 though, couldn't pass up that bargain.

Wee bit of context - that’s an item where we had some leftover stock in the warehouse from events to clear out so you’ll find it’s considerably more limited than other stock as a result. It’s a rare case so I wouldn’t get hopes up for stuff like that in future as there’s a mighty specific reason in this one’s case. Actually ties in with the darkness theme, coming from our event stock for the year :).

For anyone who bought ERASED Part 1 on EB too, don’t think we’ve forgotten about you :)! If you check your shop email inbox on Day 11, you’ll find a nifty gift code waiting for you as a thanks for the support…”

Re part 2 - Early 2018 is where it’s at just now as we were checking what can be done vs the US release

Best,

Andrew

Last edited:
Wee bit of context - that’s an item where we had some leftover stock in the warehouse from events to clear out so you’ll find it’s considerably more limited than other stock as a result. It’s a rare case so I wouldn’t get hopes up for stuff like that in future as there’s a mighty specific reason in this one’s case. Actually ties in with the darkness theme, coming from our event stock for the year :slightly_smiling_face:.

For anyone who bought ERASED Part 1 on EB too, don’t think we’ve forgotten about you :slightly_smiling_face:! If you check your shop email inbox on Day 11, you’ll find a nifty gift code waiting for you as a thanks for the support…”

Re part 2 - Early 2018 is where it’s at just now as we were checking what can be done vs the US release

Best,

Andrew
Haha always on the ball

Most people are expecting an EB for ZZ Gundam Part 2, but doesn't fit with what is normally on offer in the Christmas sale.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a Samuenco bundle being the offer for one of the remaining days though.

Well, Pigtails and Hyouka Part 2 are what I'd like to see as Early Bird deals but it may be too early for that to happen (I assume they'll probably have EBs eventually). Personally I'm holding off buying any more Gundam until I've watched the first two series I already have.

Also what do mean by Samuenco?

Well, Pigtails and Hyouka Part 2 are what I'd like to see as Early Bird deals but it may be too early for that to happen (I assume they'll probably have EBs eventually). Personally I'm holding off buying any more Gundam until I've watched the first two series I already have.

Also what do mean by Samuenco?
Samurai Flamenco

Wee bit of context - that’s an item where we had some leftover stock in the warehouse from events to clear out so you’ll find it’s considerably more limited than other stock as a result. It’s a rare case so I wouldn’t get hopes up for stuff like that in future as there’s a mighty specific reason in this one’s case. Actually ties in with the darkness theme, coming from our event stock for the year :).

For anyone who bought ERASED Part 1 on EB too, don’t think we’ve forgotten about you :)! If you check your shop email inbox on Day 11, you’ll find a nifty gift code waiting for you as a thanks for the support…”

Best,

Andrew
What about supporters from other retailers such as AOL

Best,

Andrew

Nice sale, I was hoping Noein would have tied into it considering the tone of the show. Ah well. I'll be keeping an eye on Day 11 since you mentioned it :p

Out of the nine on sale only Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 Part 1 has my interest (already own ERASED, Psycho Pass 2, Rage of Bahamut Genesis; no interest with Steelcase sets) but I might pass on today's sale.

--------------

Grav's Shopping Progress from the Sale so far:

Acquired from Sale:
Day 3: Genius Party & Genius Party Beyond
Day 4: Claymore
Day 7: Asssassination Classroom Season 1 Bundle
Day 8: Sword of the Stranger

On Sale but Not Viable:
Day 2: Ping Pong the Animation (Reason: Bundle only)
Day 5: Noragami Aragoto (Reason: I DON'T HAVE SEASON 1 ROFL)

Passed On:
Day 1: Giovanni's Island & Miss Hokusai
Day 5: Numerous Funimation UK standard edition sets

Grav's Wishlist:
ALDNOAH ZERO (Season 2)
Charlotte (Part 1) ~ Part 2 is relatively cheap to acquire anyway
Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 ~ AL's own price for each part is reasonable (£35 each) ~ Part 1 is on sale!

A Letter to Momo
Lord Marksman and Vanadis
Noein ~to your other self~

Ah yes, the dangers of replying on way through after an 11hr flight there, sorry! The fact it labeled it just as Vampire Hunter D is what threw me on a scan as it's usually what is used to refer to the OVA as.

Will look into it but the licensor (who is a sales agent in this case) didn't have access to any assets by Amano-san so my suspicion is it was a limited time usage item - so the odds are only licensed in Japan and for that specific set (could be wrong on the latter). Never hurts to ask though!

Odds still very unlikely in light of that though - just not for the original reasons :). EDIT - Additionally odds are even less if it's a joint pack as the committees are different so odds are this illustration was a special agreement and profit share actually for it (those kind of sets are super complex usually).

Best,

AP

Thanks for the update, and the little peak into the behind the scenes for the title. I'm a big fan of vampire hunter d so would just love any Amano stuff for the set as hes the illustrator for the novels. I wish you the best of luck with the asset gathering, and will be definitely being the release.

Some very good things going, todays deals are right up my street. Will have to pick up the odd thing I don’t already have... looking mainly at eraser for that price. Mighty tempting.

Escaflowne arrived. There's a repeat disc in a clear case outside the box. Is this a replacement for a defective disc within?

Correct - that's the fixed replacement disc which resolves subtitle issues with an episode on the original version.

Back