The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I remember buying that Freedom set when it first came out for substantially more on the understanding in was an LE, thus would probably sell out quickly. That was what, about 8 years ago?

I'm not bitter.

zH0rDyF.png

Still waiting for someone to beat what I paid for it :p

Zavvi's cheap prices got my attention again, granted these were always like this for a while.

BLOODLAD_BD-COLLECTOR_3D-open_1024x1024.png

Blood Lad: Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]
This is one of the older Anime Limited releases and I actually initially passed on this in favour of the Viz Media version. Over time I decided that the UK release was pretty reasonable as the prices got lower and lower so I went for it now. The booklet included with the UK release is a replica of the US release also.

ANI0072_PsychicSchoolWars-Collector_3D-open-UK_1024x1024.jpg

Psychic School Wars (Collector's Edition) [Combo Pack]
This film has been cheap on Zavvi for ages but the collector's edition version disappeared from the store listings for months. It only showed up recently and thankfully they kept the £12.99 price-tag so I went for it. I know the film has a lot of hate but I like collecting the films that Anime Limited have put out.

Psychic School Wars (Collector's Edition) [Combo Pack]
This film has been cheap on Zavvi for ages but the collector's edition version disappeared from the store listings for months. It only showed up recently and thankfully they kept the £12.99 price-tag so I went for it.
A bunch of us here got this back in June for around 58p due to a glitch! :D (Myself included.)

I know the film has a lot of hate but I like collecting the films that Anime Limited have put out.
Amen to that. ;)

I know I've said I bought this before, but I cancelled it because it was too expensive for a okish upscale. It's price has come down alot today so re-ordered it.

For 29.99 eur I think thats acceptible

Slayers Season 1 BD Box

81HQEUMg37L._SX466_.jpg

Myraid colors phantom world
Tales of zestiria the x
New game
Genocidal organ
First love monster
91 days
Dragonball z collection

Attachments

• 20171124_105513.jpg
    20171124_105513.jpg
    792 KB · Views: 7

Bought issue 170 of NEO magazine. A lot of good stuff again: there's a report from London MCM Comic Con; reviews of Ajin, Fireworks, Eureka Seven ultimate edition, Hyouka part 1, Steamboy and also Blade of the Immortal, along with an interview with director Takashi Miike.

There's a top-ten list of anime to watch at Xmas which, impossibly, doesn't include Tokyo Marble Chocolate!!! :eek:
Even Always My Santa is in there, at number 9. :mad:

The back of the flip-cover issue has coverage of Ronja the Robber's Daughter.

Put my order down for MVM's Monster Musume CE hearing that they may have stock for christmas has my hopes up so I thought I'd put an order in now in hopes to get a part of that batch.

717EHXJXEzL._SY679_.jpg

Ordered Goodnight Punpun 1 & 2 and In This Corner of the World.
I don't think the code worked on ITCOTW (possibly because it's an import, as not due out over here till December), still cheaper than Amazon though.
I never buy manga from Amazon for 2 reasons. 1. its always full price and i can get it cheaper on either Wordery or Book Depository and 2. its always released late on Amazon...at least a good 2-3 weeks after the official release date.

Yup. Call it a generational thing. (Printed media, innit.) ;)
I see what you're saying but I had that much 2000AD when I was a kid I had no choice but to get rid of it - I couldn't fit it my bedroom :eek:

I never buy manga from Amazon for 2 reasons. 1. its always full price and i can get it cheaper on either Wordery or Book Depository and 2. its always released late on Amazon...at least a good 2-3 weeks after the official release date.
I tend to get my books on Kindle these days (just because it uses less space) and the price does fluctuate with manga series. They'll drop the first few volumes down to about £3.00 and then the prices gradually rise towards full price further in to the series. So for example volumes 1-5 are like £2.80 or something, then volumes 6-10 are like £5-something, it'll go up in price every few volumes until about volume 25 is like £8.00 or something.
Compare the first volume of Erased for £5.50 on Kindle to getting a physical copy from my comic shop for £25 (hardback only).
Also, if I did get something on release date it'd take me a while to get round to reading it anyway so it's not really that much of an issue for me.

Managed to get Yu Yu Hakusho season 4 for £8 from MusicMagpie on Amazon. Already have the slip and it was cheap so there was nothing to lose. Now I need seasons 2 and 3.

Edit: Also pre-ordered GANGSTA since it was on an EB offer.

Last edited:
Back