UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Just import the set from Japan and learn how to understand Japanese without subtitles. :p

a7e6995048fade1811552c2096e375e81439221450_full.jpg

Those perspex boxes are incredibly sexy, but I like the red DVD one better than the blue BD one. Perhaps a compromise can be reached for a UK release - LCL orange?
It might... I mean if a small group of us travelled to Japan, kidnapped Anno and held him for ransom (the ransom being UK eva bd's) there's a slim chance someone might concede even if he's too damn stubborn himself.
If it's all expenses paid, I'm in.

If they released one with each eva colour I'm sure there's some anime collectors who'd spend the better part of a grand buying them :p..... I can see Andrew making a note of that lol, though being AL my bet would be on eva helmet ultimate editions

Hyouka Part 1 BD Set arrived for me today via the EB deal. Packed the same as the Your Name DE, with bubble-wrap and paper shavings in the same size box...

Got Your Name. This thing is amazing. I love unboxing your DE/UE/CEs, the amount of care that went into this is astounding. And the book... Oh the book.

Remarkable quality, really.

I have no time for any of these releases as of late, but I can't let some of these get away. And they look good on a shelf, anyway.

Yeah, I also got the email.

My copy of Hyouka also randomly showed up nowhere. Unfortunately, the packaging couldn't protect it from the post office, and one corner of the box, and subsequently the case housing the two sets has been slightly crushed, while the disks were all loose. It's not catastrophic damage, but it's also not what I consider shelf-worthy either. A shame too, the packaging is really nice on it; AL's done a great job. I think the box was too small, even with the bubblewrap & air buffers to take any strong hit.

Anyone know who to contact re: a replacement? I know this is an AL product but I think MVM's store handles fulfilment and this is the first actual delivery issue I've had with the former.

Last edited:
My YN DE just came from AL shop damaged in 1 or 2 places. It was sent in a flimsy box with protective bubble. I won’t bother opening it to see the number. Not to mention that I paid the full price so together with the shipping costs was about 61 £! : /

3B0BE15B-51E0-44DC-A359-65364A1486CD.jpeg

My YN DE just came from AL shop damaged in 1 or 2 places. It was sent in a flimsy box with protective bubble. I won’t bother opening it to see the number. Not to mention that I paid the full price so together with the shipping costs was about 61 £! : /

View attachment 1918

So it looks like I'm not the only one that had packaging woes, eh. Judging by a few of the comments above, people don't seem pleased with the way these sets are packaged. Rightstuf, it isn't.

So who do we contact about a replacement? Just send AL's general email a message, or is there an established account and address to return items? Anyone know?

Last edited:
Back