What Games Are You Playing?

So I've just finished Horizon: Zero Dawn and man what a game it was, just phenomenal. I mean I'm not really a fan of open world games in general but this one I just loved exploring every corner of (probably helps that the game is ridiculously beautiful, never taken so many screenshots before). The combat never really got boring for me either (I don't think it was hard right enough, just fun), the music was fantastic too. Then there's our main character Aloy... Oh Aloy <3 just a wonderful character in every way, the fact she has the exact same voice as a character I hate with every fiber of my being (Chloe from Life is Strange) annoyed me at first tbh but after a while I stopped caring, it's Aloy's voice now. :p

This game will stay with me for I while I reckon, pretty sure there's some DLC on the way pretty soon too so I'm very much looking forward to that. I finished it with like 3 trophies to get and they seem easy enough to grab sometime, all in all a wonderful game that will no doubt be in my GOTY contenders list (fighting Persona 5 for 1st no doubt).

I then went to try and start Yakuza 0 but my PS4 didn't seem to happy about it and the disc was spinning full speed and loud as hell so I gave up for now.

Time for another long post from Grav. In alphabetical order!

Everybody's Golf [PlayStation Vita]
I managed to finish the campaign after a lot of struggles, heck I even had to lower the difficulty to Easy Mode to tackle the last tournament (to be fair it was a tedious one). I also acquired the only online trophy in the game as the online services will expire sometime in December for both the PS3 and Vita versions.

Everybody's Golf (2017) [PlayStation 4]
This game is a lot of fun, however because I've been playing the offline mode it's rather repetitive in terms of level choice compared to the Vita instalment that I played. I assume this is one of those where the online mode is where it's more varied in terms of level choice and options.

Killzone 3 [PlayStation 3]
I'm currently playing this game at the time of this post and got to the start of Chapter 4. Aside from Call of Duty 4 which I already completed on Xbox 360, this is actually the first FPS I've tried on the PlayStation 3. The gameplay is pretty good though I'm not confident on the handling of the crouch because you can take damage pretty easily in this game. Overall it's a short game but I've enjoyed it like I did when I first tried it out back at my University's library in 2013.

Killzone Mercenary [PlayStation Vita]
This game took some use to at first because of its controls, but after managing to sort that out the overall game is a lot of fun. In fact this and Wolfenstein: The New Order share some similarities in terms of how you need to use stealth to kill the officers otherwise backup arrives. The game's level design is pretty cool and the graphics are great on the device. I say give this game a shot if you have a Vita.

Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Old Blood [PlayStation 4]
I had waited years to finally get my hands on this game, and there was literally no reason why I had to wait. I bought both pre-owned for a total of £20 at GAME, and I managed to play them throughout this week. Let's start with The New Order, this is a pretty solid game and the gameplay is great. The stealth aspects are optional and the challenge is just about right, however I have struggled against the heavy armour enemies which I felt to be tedious at times. The final boss is a homage to Wolfenstein 3D but it's ruined by essentially being a sponge-fest which is disappointing, especially as The New Order is a continuation to the events of Wolfenstein 2009 released on Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3.

The Old Blood is a prequel that goes straight to the events of the beginning prologue to The New Order, though recommended until after finishing the latter. The Old Blood has two different styles of gameplay - the first part has pacing issues and focuses a lot more of melee and stealth but concludes with a fun boss fight. The second is a faster pace and rather bizarre storyline that somewhat works and even makes it feel like DOOM at times, however the final boss was once again disappointing though it fits the theme the game's story was going for. Overall both of these games do not disappoint as a whole and I recommend them either way, and I am very much looking forward to playing Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (though I'll wait for a price cut).

Ys: Memories of Celceta [PlayStation Vita]
This is the first Ys game I bought and finished in the franchise! Sure I do have Ys Origin but I put that on-hold to finish this one first. This game is really fun and the combat is great. I was able to acquire all of the treasure chests, map completion, main quests and upgrade 3 of the 6 weapons to their best. There's a few missable trophies that I missed but I was aiming for the story completion either way. The story is pretty good though there's some aspects that I felt needed explaining. Other than that this game is worth the purchase and I'm surprised that it has yet to appear on Steam like the other Ys games have.

My backlog is still even more ridiculous but at least progress was made with the Vita list. Anime still takes some form of priority due to how many there are in that list but most of the games listed here don't take too much time. Nevertheless here's the backlog:

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Catherine
Corpse Party
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Demon Gaze
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

Dragon's Crown
Drakengard 3
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
Ico HD
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven

Killzone 3
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD
MotorStorm: Apocalypse
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Persona 5
Saints Row 2
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash!
Shadow of the Colossus HD
Sonic Generations
Soul Sacrifice
Star Ocean V: Integrity and Faithlessness
Tales of Xillia 2
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Yakuza 0
Yakuza 5
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza: Dead Souls
Ys Origin
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD

Black - PlayStation 3 / Blue - PlayStation 4 / Red - PlayStation Vita

Platinum Trophy Collection:

#01 | 2014 | PS3 - Saints Row: The Third (+ All DLC)
#02 | 2015 | PS3 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
#03 | 2015 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia
#04 | 2015 | Vita - Dekamori Senran Kagura
#05 | 2015 | PS3 - Steins;Gate
#06 | 2015 | PS3 - NieR
#07 | 2015 | PS3 - No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
#08 | 2015 | PS3 - Asura's Wrath (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#09 | 2015 | PS3 - Saints Row IV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#10 | 2015 | PS3 - The Darkness II
#11 | 2016 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
#12 | 2016 | PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
#13 | 2016 | Vita - Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
#14 | 2016 | Vita - Gravity Rush (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#15 | 2016 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
#16 | 2016 | PS4 - Resogun
#17 | 2016 | Vita - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
#18 | 2016 | PS4 - Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game
#19 | 2017 | Vita - Miracle Girls Festival
#20 | 2017 | PS4 - Senran Kagura Estival Versus
#21 | 2017 | PS4 - The Wolf Among Us
#22 | 2017 | PS4 - Final Fantasy XV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#23 | 2017 | PS4 - Amplitude
#24 | 2017 | PS4 - Root Letter
#25 | 2017 | Vita - IA/VT -Colorful-
#26 | 2017 | Vita - Persona 4: Dancing All Night
#27 | 2017 | PS4 - Gravity Rush Remastered
#28 | 2017 | PS4 - NieR: Automata
#29 | 2017 | PS4 - The Silver Case HD
#30 | 2017 | PS4 - Steins;Gate 0
#31 | 2017 | PS3 - Under Defeat HD
#32 | 2017 | PS4 - Tales from the Borderlands
#33 | 2017 | PS3 - Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
#34 | 2017 | PS4 - Life is Strange
#35 | 2017 | PS4 - Sword Art Online: Lost Song
#36 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot HD
#37 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back HD
#38 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped HD
#39 | 2017 | PS4 - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

I've been playing Telltale Back To The Future and enjoying it a lot.

So far, it seems much more "interactive" than most recent TT games (Walking Dead, Guardians, Batman, etc. - all of which I still enjoy). It's a bit more like old-school point and click games (walking around, finding/combining items) rather than the "choose what to say, but it doesn't really matter, even though it vaguely claims someone will remember it" style of the newer games.

Just finished the common route of Chaos;Child and it's pretty good, though, in true VN fashion, it's not particularly conclusive, since it's just the first and not the true ending.

Other than a severe lack of brevity that seems to plague the entire genre, my only real issues with the game are technical. Nothing story-breaking, but there are a tonne of translation issues: typos and punctuation errors everywhere, and there was at least one instance in the common route where a female character was referred to multiple times with "he" and where the completely wrong name was used to refer to a character. One character's dialogue boxes are also consistently labeled as "Unknown", even when we've long since learned their name. There's also instances of untranslated on-screen text, as well as voice lines without subtitles.

I understand that, in a game with so much text, small errors are going to slip through, but untranslated text and voice-lines (which appear during the ending) are huge. How do you mess that up? Do they not play test? I genuinely don't understand. Steins;Gate 0 has the same issue where lines during the ending went untranslated.

That said, still an enjoyable experience so far, and I'm exicted to get stuck into getting the other endings.

Football Manager 2018 [Beta]

The annual cycle begins again, really wanted to get on the Beta and sample the new features beforehand. Having Team Dynamics as a fully fledged feature and a more in depth Medical Centre are certainly welcome features.

Just finished Ys VIII -Lacrimosa of Dana- I do love Falcom games.

Impatiently waiting for an announcement that Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 will be coming west like the first 2.

Been playing a bit of GT Sport here and there. And now in preparation for the DLC I've started Horizon: Zero Dawn on New Game +/Ultra Hard to remind myself of the story.

Well i was suppose to just play through the 3 DLC's of Nioh quickly but it seems like the game want's me to grind at first. I did get through the first one and it was just more of the same. I'm really hoping that Team Ninja (are they still called that?) will put lot more effort to level design on the next game (there's really not a single level in the game that makes you think "what a great level that one was")

In another fun entry in allowing my music folders to play through while I play games, purifying the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary in Oblivion while ELO's "The Lights Go Down" plays is not an experience I'll soon forget. That song is now far more sinister.

I know
The way that I feel is wrong, so wrong,
But I gotta carry on
When you ain't around.

Why, brother!?

I know
You're waiting so close to me
But how will you ever see
As time rolls away?

My brother I beg your mercy!

Lonely
But trying to be so proud
And just as I turn around
The lights go down.

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk for PS4
This was a pretty fun game, some of the Behelits were a real pain to do due to the lack of a timer and occasional glitchy gameplay. Still, it was very satisfying slaughtering hundreds of people and creatures as Guts. I found it hilarious how the small battles in the cutscenes contrasted with Gut mowing down and obliterating everything in sight with one combo.

Now I'm playing Undertale for the PS4

Trying to get the Platinum on Danganronpa V3 and it has the pleasure of being grindy as hell and with some hard parts.

Certainly a beast compared to the previous Danganronpa's...

I've only just completed the main story on Danganronpa V3. Not sure how much I will continue you, but regarding the ending I'm not too disappointed by it.

Back into the old CKII after getting some sale DLC.

Why can't I back a plot to kill myself, that's what I want to know. My eldest son is clearly more well liked and will unite two duchies when he inherits, plus the King who hates me because I had his father murdered is about to start a war with me over revoking some of my lands, which will put everything he stands to gain in jeopardy. He's right to want me dead, if I could commit seppuku and hand over to him I would.

Oh well. Guess I'll just write a book, commission some new crown jewels and seduce my secret half-sister while I wait for the knife.

Trying to get the Platinum on Danganronpa V3 and it has the pleasure of being grindy as hell and with some hard parts.

Certainly a beast compared to the previous Danganronpa's...

Good luck with the grinding :) I'm aiming for the platinum trophy too

Been playing Pokemon Ultra Sun non stop, currently on the third island. I'm glad Pokemon bank updated as I transferred a Charmander and Lapras over due to my team beung weak to ice lol

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

Started playing this back in June but got distracted and never returned to it until tonight, still figuring out the best approach to the game but I think I'm getting the hang of it, ready to start Chapter 3 now.

Also been playing Pokémon Gold, reminded how unbalanced the game can be at times level wise!

Back