New Manga Animatsu Updates: Soul Eater Blu-ray Version Cancelled & Digimon Tri Part 3...

Nah not this time it's just inconsistancy with them and the fact they aren't doing rwby part 4 after doing 1-3 show aswell they are a joke really. Can't stick at one thing as serpantino says they are good at doing re release after re release!

The lost the license to rwby. Rooster teeth stuff sold well for them

I also think people are being harsh. Manga don't want to disappoint people, I'm sure they'd have loved to have finished releasing stuff from certain franchises but sometimes people have to remember Manga are a business. Sure, it'd be nice if they could release X, Y or Z season 2, but if it's going to net them no profit, they're not just going to throw money they could be using on a property that could make them some cash.

I also think people are being harsh. Manga don't want to disappoint people, I'm sure they'd have loved to have finished releasing stuff from certain franchises but sometimes people have to remember Manga are a business. Sure, it'd be nice if they could release X, Y or Z season 2, but if it's going to net them no profit, they're not just going to throw money they could be using on a property that could make them some cash.

If we were talking big, long running series I could sympathise but some of these are 26 episodes.....
So I still suspect bad management as I can't remember seeing a cancelled show half way through from the other companies, the only comparison I can think of is MVM sticking to dvd for some longer runners when HD is available (something manga do too).

Releasing a half season to gauge the market is just another stupid business decision because people will get wise to the fact you don't always finish releases and not buy them. The only way around it is to either not release at all or announce early but not release until the complete series. In this case they're not releasing at all but they never should have announced it before gauging the community's desire for it.

I don't think saying people are harsh to manga UK is really fair when they've accrued this bad will over the years and again a lot of this is down to Jerome and his attitude.

Harsh to me is when people refuse to buy a release because it's got the bbfc on the case or it isn't quite the type of trays you prefer, or 1 minor extra is missing . Heck in the case of manga UK I'd even go so far as to say harsh is outright refusing to buy a release just because it's kaze.

Releasing a half season to gauge the market is just another stupid business decision because people will get wise to the fact you don't always finish releases and not buy them. The only way around it is to either not release at all or announce early but not release until the complete series. In this case they're not releasing at all but they never should have announced it before gauging the community's desire for it.
This a million times. I will still buy Manga releases, but only after all volumes are out after being burned by their initial FMA Brotherhood Blu-ray single volume (non) releases, which the exact same thing happened to. So it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy where you have to cancel things because they don't sell and people aren't buying them because they think they might be cancelled. Go big or go home as they say in the US - Releasing half a show is in my opinion worse than releasing none at all, because at least people can import and not be left with half of something which is never going to be complete. And which has now lost all its resale value so even if you do decide to import, you've spent money you didn't need to on getting half the series twice.

Does it really matter if they don't want to disappoint people when at the end of the day, they do? It's also up to a business to gauge market demand and promote their products so they do sell. As serpantino says, MVM don't appear to have this problem - It would seem they make a judgement call on whether something will sell enough copies to warrant a BD and decide whether to release it DVD only. You might say a business could also benefit from taking the odd hit to avoid disappointing their customers, but as I think we've established before, Manga see their most important customer base as being kids who grab things off the shelves in HMV and never complain.

Back