The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

DPF-qwKXcAEh4sf.jpg
FREEDOM: Complete Series (Limited Edition) [Blu-ray Disc Box]
After four years of searching and missing every opportunity for the prices that a lot of people received, I have now finally ordered this set. Thanks to Rightstuf pricing the set down to $14.99 (+$12.73 postage), I jumped in.

FREEDOM is an anime series I quite enjoyed when I picked up the Manga UK release via dubbed. The US released the series using a replicated version of the Japanese Blu-ray Disc Box, with the minor difference being the English translation on the info and booklet. This was distributed by Bandai Visual USA / Honneamise, the same folks who also brought over the Patlabor movies and Gunbuster vs Diebuster: Aim for the Top! GATTAI!!, the latter of which I also own.

Don't worry if you miss out on this box set as Discotek Media have rescued the series and re-released it on Blu-ray, with confirmation that there are no issues compared to the UK release.

Due to the Christmas rush I won't be able to receive it until early December by the looks of it. No customs will be involved as the item price is £11.

Thanks for that, ordered one myself :)

I thought customs is based on the total price (including shipping costs)?

From my experience and everyone else's, the shipping cost has no effect on the customs stuff. It's been the item prices. In fact it's a good thing FREEDOM dropped from $19.99 to $14.99 because $19.99 = £15.50 which meant customs lol.

It works like this

If the item's value (without shipping) is above £15 then they will take VAT of the total of Item Value + Shipping.

If the item's value (without shipping) is below £15 then it's VAT exempt.

Dispatched today

first love monster
91 days
Myriad colors phanton world
Genocidal organ
Tales of zestiria
New game
$150

Dragon ball z 1-9 collection for $110

Includes shipping and declares under. Its good to know people who work for funimation :)

Yesterday: Paprika Blu-ray from HMV, but...

The card reader wasn't working at the till, so I didn't get my points added. I've validated the receipt via their website, but I can guess what'll happen now: I'll get just single points and then have to email customer services with a scan of my receipt, explaining that validating it online didn't give me Blu-ray double points. That process will probably take a couple of weeks, all in.

This one's only a minor nuisance, but I just seem to be suffering an ongoing succession of various mishaps and setbacks at the moment.

Well, I say "at the moment"...

*sigh*
:(

FREEDOM: Complete Series (Limited Edition) [Blu-ray Disc Box]
After four years of searching and missing every opportunity for the prices that a lot of people received, I have now finally ordered this set. Thanks to Rightstuf pricing the set down to $14.99 (+$12.73 postage), I jumped in.

FREEDOM is an anime series I quite enjoyed when I picked up the Manga UK release via dubbed. The US released the series using a replicated version of the Japanese Blu-ray Disc Box, with the minor difference being the English translation on the info and booklet. This was distributed by Bandai Visual USA / Honneamise, the same folks who also brought over the Patlabor movies and Gunbuster vs Diebuster: Aim for the Top! GATTAI!!, the latter of which I also own.

Don't worry if you miss out on this box set as Discotek Media have rescued the series and re-released it on Blu-ray, with confirmation that there are no issues compared to the UK release.

Due to the Christmas rush I won't be able to receive it until early December by the looks of it. No customs will be involved as the item price is £11.

Can confirm my FREEDOM set has indeed dispatched from Rightstuf!

Back