Your viewing journal

A Sister's All You Need episodes 1-2

Mostly started this to see what some of you were so shocked of in the first episode and wow i totally wasn't expecting that, felt like i started a hentai for a second XD. Once i got past those first few minutes the show was quite good but i can definitely see how a lot of people would get turned off straight away.

I have to wonder if the people who do these incestuous sister things actually have sisters? Probably worse if they do, but the fact that I've got two of them ramps up the eurghness factor (new word). I didn't even get through the first three minutes.

Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun eps 7-12 complete
Excellent and hilarious series. And man that ending, so close. I thought they were doing the classic anime thing of leaving you going "well did they or not", then you got the post credit sequence. I suppose it fits with Nozakis character that he's totally oblivious!

Eureka Seven-Episodes 27-29

Fate/Apocrypha-Episode 18

Not entirely sure what they were going for here. Are they trying to imply that the real identity of Jack the Ripper is actually a group of kids? 'Cause that's dumb in a lot of ways.

Food Wars: The Third Plate-Episode 6

Woo! Erina focus! I've been waiting since Season 1 for this.

Food wars S3 ep6 finally some character development. This is going to be a great arc

Zodiac wars ep6

C Control eps 1-6
a bit of a mixed bag so far

Samurai Champloo eps 1-2
very cool show

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War ep 6
A more lively episode, but with 3 deaths in one episode they all felt a bit rushed, the Monkey/Rabbit fight could have been longer and more epic for example. Now everyone whose had a backstory (Horses was very brief) is dead again.

Aquarion EVOL episodes 14-26 (Complete. This improves upon the original series in some places, but also pales in comparison with some aspects. The two leads here are better, though the Love Triangle at the core felt a little predictable.

The plot follows similar beats to the original series and was fairly satisfying, though the fan-servicey episode was still lacklustre. However, the ending was more satisfying, if a little muddled. Overall this was a good sequel, but is consistent with the original when it comes to its flaws.) 3.5/5

Assassination Classroom (Partial rewatch)
episodes 1-8 Rewatching the first 11 episodes of Ass Class followed by the following 11 for the first time.

Last edited:
Ep 6 of Black Clover...looking on MAL its gonna be 51 episodes long....nice as i was only expecting 25/26.
Eps 3-6 of Space Battleship Yamato 2202: Warriors of Love OVA

Last edited:
A Sister is All You Need ep 1 (dub & sub)
Had a little bit of spare time so I thought I'd see what the fuss was about. The opening was mildly amusing when you realise that it's the main characters story and that he clearly has a problem. The rest of it didn't really grab me. The one thing I noticed is that the "step-brother" is clearly a girl from the character models face and the dub actress (I double checked on wiki) doesn't even seem to try and hide it, again double checking the original actress seems to do a better job. I would definitely hide the fact that I was in fact a little sister from that perv.
When checking out the sub for the reason in the spoilerinline I noticed that it's unavailable on the PS4 Crunchyroll app! Clearly someone at Sony didn't like that opening either.

Last edited:
You're Under Arrest Season 2/Fast & Furious - Episodes 1-21

ZKQECM5.png

Okay, so I think last time one of the last episodes I watched was the one with the subway train, as I remember that one clearly. Into new territory now.

Well, it finally happened and while I don't necessarily feel good because it's causing the characters a lot of pain, I do feel vindicated as an observer of human nature. Something had to blow up with Ken and Miyuki's relationship eventually and it's doing so quite spectacularly right now and bringing a lot more drama and feeling to the proceedings. After just a couple of recent episodes I understand both of the characters considerably better than I did. Ken knows exactly what he wants but is terrified of actually getting it, because what happens then? The familiar is safe and the unfamiliar is scary to him. Meanwhile Miyuki doesn't know what she wants (like, at all, in life any more, which was quite a revelation but does explain some of her behaviour even from quite early on) and I feel for both of them, because these are both ways of feeling I know well. The scene where Miyuki's inability to convey how and why she feels the way she does to an uncomprehending Natsumi who sees the world in much simpler terms leads to conflict was very well done (and surprisingly relatable). If this were earlier episodes I might have just rolled my eyes and said I know how it's all gonna end, but the seriousness with which it's being handled means I'm no longer so sure.

While I don't quite enjoy the animation as much now it's made the switch to digital ink & paint (gone are the things like gorgeous close-ups of the lines on the glass in car headlights and the like - I presume this was animated at SD so bye bye fine detail) I feel like this is possibly a more solid series in writing terms. There are serious episodes, there are almost pure comedy episodes (and those that incorporate both get the air-fuel mix just right) but everything here really grows from the characters, scenarios both comedic and dramatic work because in almost all cases it's the sort of thing the characters would do. In some the first season episodes it felt a bit like "here's an idea for dramatic police scenario, chuck the characters in" but here it appears more well thought out and characterisation is really integral to most of the plots.

I have also now come to terms with and accepted Officer Toukairin (Tokairin in the subtitles now, apparently Sentai uses different romanisations to AnimEigo, daft romanisations getting on my nerves again... I'm just going to use my own and use ō from now on). It is clear now that he is Natsumi's imaginary friend who she uses as a sounding board to help her make decisions, the rest of her colleagues just humour her because they don't want to upset her. The excuse for his lack of personality and monosyllabic responses in conversations that might as well have been Natsumi monologues is that they are Natsumi monologues and he doesn't really exist.

j2QWyEZ.png

Yes, thank you, Yoriko.

Last edited:
Back