[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

So Funimation are Dubbing Space Battleship Yamato 2199 and I have every finger and toe crossed that this means they will release the show on Blu Ray also. Here is hoping that unlike the last Yamato Anime they licensed this one actually comes out!

Nozomi Entertainment new announcements:

DOXmUgGV4AALd_k.jpg

DOXpoKCUEAAo4Am.jpg

DOXoAjXU8AAi48q.jpg

Titles:
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Special Edition OVAs
  • Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (OVA Version)

(will update post as it comes along)

Other Notes:
  • Gundam AGE will include an English dub

Last edited:
Nozomi Entertainment new announcements:

DOXmUgGV4AALd_k.jpg

DOXpoKCUEAAo4Am.jpg

DOXoAjXU8AAi48q.jpg

Titles:
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Special Edition OVAs
  • Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (OVA Version)

(will update post as it comes along)

Other Notes:
  • Gundam AGE will include an English dub
At what point do we give up on Anime Limited and start importing? I want to support the UK releases but it gets harder every quarter to justify it.

At what point do we give up on Anime Limited and start importing? I want to support the UK releases but it gets harder every quarter to justify it.
Already started for me. Importing IBO and Wing CEs this month. AL dropped the ball not announcing any Gundam stuff at MCM, especially with no releases scheduled past ZZ part 2 atm.

I've kept my IBO preorder with Amazon US and I don't see me cancelling at this stage, much as I would like to keep a shelf of matching AL Gundam Collection releases (don't really give much of a toss about Wing, my old Beez DVD set is good enough). Nozomi is really blitzing out their Gundam releases but I'm hesitant to import any since they just don't say "quality" in the way the nice AL releases do. If they're coming, I'm happy to wait. I just wish we knew if and when they are coming.

Those Gundam announcements! Oh, how I'm salivating!

Mostly over Gundam AGE, to be honest. I don't really see a need to trade up from my Gundam Unicorn and OO DVDs. But the talk of a OO OVA has me intrigued. I didn't even kno there was one!

Plus, I'll have money to spend on anime again in 2018. YEEEEE-EEESSS-AAAHHH!

I'm REALLY looking forward to buying more shiny discs, posting here a bit more often and annoying you all with my righteous campaign to protest the high cost of anime. You'll all be sick of me this time next year! I promise!

As I wrote in the Anime Limited thread (where this news was re-posted), great news to hear, especially the Unicorn OVA package, as I wasn't sure they'd ever actually package them up, and I have been long resigned to stick with my DVD versions due to not being able to afford the high-priced stand-alone blu-ray releases...

Sadly I have no means to play imported Blu-rays, so I am still very much in Anime Limited's hands when it comes to Gundam on Blu-ray, though I'll admit if they ever announced no more would be released here I'd have to look into it...

D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DISCOTEK DAY

The following are set for February 27th 2018:
  • Cinderella Boy - DVD - Japanese with English subtitles
  • Library War - Blu-ray - Japanese with English subtitles
    US release will be 1080p instead of interlaced (1080i)
  • NieA_7 - Blu-ray & DVD Combo - English & Japanese with English subtitles
    US release will be a 24p upscale redone from the digibeta.
  • Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer - Blu-ray & DVD - English & Japanese with English subtitles

Cinderella Boy's a really inteesting pick-up. Gonna have to pencil that one in my big list of stuff I want to pounce on in 2018.

Back