The General Conversation Area

I hated the new layout at first but I'm kinda used to the new one now so dunno if I should, mainly because Dark Mode is kinda needed for me now... I do think the old layout was far better in general though, shame I can't have that and the dark mode tbh.

Plenty of Add-ons on Firefox or Chrome with far superior Dark Modes. I've been using YouTube with Dark Mode for years and the one included with the new layout is awful. I'd recommend Stylish if you like Dark Modes, I have ones for Google, YouTube and MAL.

Ever since Firefox updated it's been crashing so I updated to the quantum beta and now lastpass and other extensions don't work, nice.

Mozilla have decided to kill support for any extensions not build on the new WebExtensions but don't seem to realise that the extensions are the only reason most people use it in the first place. Just a matter of the extension developers porting them.

Plenty of Add-ons on Firefox or Chrome with far superior Dark Modes. I've been using YouTube with Dark Mode for years and the one included with the new layout is awful. I'd recommend Stylish if you like Dark Modes, I have ones for Google, YouTube and MAL.
True, never really bothered with add-ons and the like but seeing as I'm losing my patience with Firefox right now I may get Chrome and set up some Dark Mode add-ons while setting it up how I like it.

Ever since Firefox updated it's been crashing so I updated to the quantum beta and now lastpass and other extensions don't work, nice.
I updated my Firefox today and while it hasn't crashed, it's become very unresponsive (particularly noticeable on youtube where loading new videos causes the loading bar at the top to freeze up for about 5 seconds every dam time). Dunno if it's firefox or this new Windows 10 update I also did today, but Firefox is doing my head in now...

Thanks for the heads up on this guys, I may have a solution.

B7vYgGu.png

Woke up early and got changed, maybe I'll get to work on time, opened my door and see two neighbors dogs walking about, two big ones and oh **** is that a cat walking towards them don't do that....oh that's not a cat it's just a third, tiny dog, no doubt the leader. The two big ones are entering my garden, Welp guess I'll close my door and go back inside, it's not like I need to go work anyways. Look through the peep hole and see them walking out my garden, guess I'll use this as my chance to go and catch the bus, oh crap one of the dogs is across the road now, quick sneak past it, hope it doesn't spot me, oh **** it saw me...oh it just looked at me and lowered its head and continued sniffing the pavement, still how did I know it wasn't going to maul me. Silly dogs, don't do me a frighten.

Woke up early and got changed, maybe I'll get to work on time, opened my door and see two neighbors dogs walking about, two big ones and oh **** is that a cat walking towards them don't do that....oh that's not a cat it's just a third, tiny dog, no doubt the leader. The two big ones are entering my garden, Welp guess I'll close my door and go back inside, it's not like I need to go work anyways. Look through the peep hole and see them walking out my garden, guess I'll use this as my chance to go and catch the bus, oh crap one of the dogs is across the road now, quick sneak past it, hope it doesn't spot me, oh **** it saw me...oh it just looked at me and lowered its head and continued sniffing the pavement, still how did I know it wasn't going to maul me. Silly dogs, don't do me a frighten.

This is a pretty accurate description of my thought process every time I go on a walk down a local trail. Dog Walkers are always so nonchalant about their dogs as any number of giant dogs or small rat things come steaming towards me to say hello. What annoys me the most is alot of the time the smaller rat types are very aggressive and many dog owners just don't care and will look at me and say 'oh don't worry, he doesn't bite'. I get that it would be tiresome to make sure your dog didn't annoy anybody but as someone on the receiving end of it I certainly appreciate it when dogs are well trained.

On a side note even more annoying than that is teens on GIANT horses, I HATE having to walk past them because all I can think about is 'there is no way you'd be able to stop this horse if it gets spooked, both you and me are going to be hurt if it does'. Also alot of the teens when riding horses with friends do very little to give me room on the trail, sometimes refusing to go single file and instead make me essentially have to go onto the bank.

Not sure why I suddenly needed to share this after what you wrote qaiz but there we go. Old man Blaize here is going to stop moaning now lol.

When I walk my dog she is always on a lead. It’s mainly for her safety as she’s a rescue dog (from Serbia) and she’s still quite nervous and any loud noises spookes her and I know she’ll be off like a rocket if she wasn’t on a lead.

What annoys me about certain owners when their dog is loose is that they don’t care what they get up to. I had a dog once try to attack mine and the owner was miles away, could see there was a problem but just seemed to take their time to get over to us. They didn’t even put it on the lead, just called it’s name from a few feet away.

This is a pretty accurate description of my thought process every time I go on a walk down a local trail. Dog Walkers are always so nonchalant about their dogs as any number of giant dogs or small rat things come steaming towards me to say hello. What annoys me the most is alot of the time the smaller rat types are very aggressive and many dog owners just don't care and will look at me and say 'oh don't worry, he doesn't bite'. I get that it would be tiresome to make sure your dog didn't annoy anybody but as someone on the receiving end of it I certainly appreciate it when dogs are well trained.

On a side note even more annoying than that is teens on GIANT horses, I HATE having to walk past them because all I can think about is 'there is no way you'd be able to stop this horse if it gets spooked, both you and me are going to be hurt if it does'. Also alot of the teens when riding horses with friends do very little to give me room on the trail, sometimes refusing to go single file and instead make me essentially have to go onto the bank.

Not sure why I suddenly needed to share this after what you wrote qaiz but there we go. Old man Blaize here is going to stop moaning now lol.
I need to walk past leashless dogs and every so often loose horses to get my shopping done, I'm far from the least nervous of people. On the whole though I'm getting used to dogs and most of them just are either excited or curious, and the horses often don't freak out and just eat grass. Sometimes I'm afraid of getting too close to a horse though and you can't do much from behind one

Wooooo my PC just blue screened yaaaaaaaaass >_> What a great day I'm having...

Get windbg. run !analyse-v on the crashdump. it'll tell you the likely cause.

Probably only worth doing if you get a repeat.

Sorry. Automatic troubleshooting mode was engaged. totally plugging windbg for the awesome tool it is. (it's by Microsoft and I have no connection with it).

Get windbg. run !analyse-v on the crashdump. it'll tell you the likely cause.

Probably only worth doing if you get a repeat.

Sorry. Automatic troubleshooting mode was engaged. totally plugging windbg for the awesome tool it is. (it's by Microsoft and I have no connection with it).
I'll keep it in mind should it happen again, cheers. I managed to grab my phone and take a picture of the blue screen before it restarted so I googled the codes it gave and it seems to be something to do with Nvidia drivers (Or my GPU is broken... I sure hope not lol) so I'll try a completely clean reinstall of the drivers when I have time.

I'll keep it in mind should it happen again, cheers. I managed to grab my phone and take a picture of the blue screen before it restarted so I googled the codes it gave and it seems to be something to do with Nvidia drivers (Or my GPU is broken... I sure hope not lol) so I'll try a completely clean reinstall of the drivers when I have time.
'usually is third party driver so sounds likely. MS code itself is surprisingly stable.

I feel like I'm going to get screwed over by my ISP when I call them to get my phone and internet moved to my new place as even though I can get fibre internet out there, because my address isn't actually listed with data from BT I'm more then likely to be put down on a snail ADSL connection which is only going to guarantee a speed of 7 Mbps download and I don't think I'll be able to get through virgin media just to get a fast internet connection since they seem to want a 3 year address history for credit checking even though that only appears to be required for getting a mobile contract with a phone.

Any idea of how to buy Amazon Japan Giftcards w/out an Amazon Japan account? Any legitimate sellers/sites?

Play Asia is the only one that comes to my mind

Back