The General Conversation Area

My old cat Tinkerbell was wild to say the lest she used to sit on top of the neighbours cars and refuse to move, a member of my family literary had to physically move her off the car's every time it happened. She was also a big fan of hunting at night, it wasn't uncommon for me to awake in the morning and find a dead rabbit in my porch, one morning I awoke to find her sitting next to a very still alive ferret.

Must admit I've never heard of that, but after a quick Google sounds like it's
a study of modern society vs the environment? Or do you study past societies as it sounds like that would overlap with archaeology.

Geography is split into two - Human (Society) and Physical (The environment). Some researchers crossover between the two and there are historical geographers too. The key concepts for the discipline are space, place and time - so most things (and areas of research) have geographies!

Personally I look at contemporary geographies - but I've been given lectures (particularly on the physical side) that overlap with archaeology :)

View attachment 1569 Does your cat watch films with you and I do mean literally and how does he react to them and my first cat was named Dylan.he sadly had to be put to sleep in January this year.hears a picture of him.

He doesn't tend to literally watch things with me, but he likes to sleep wherever I tend to lay my head when watching Anime etc. He does like it when I play Puyo Puyo x Tetris of late and will watch that like he is about to jump into the TV haha. Sorry to hear you had to put down your first cat, he looked lovely. I remember having that happen to my first cat too called Jessica, she was a truly amazing cat and it broke me for a good few weeks when I was 13 when we lost her to cancer. I still have dreams about her being still alive and stuff which is nice.

Here is a photo of her staging a protest at the removal of her favourite chair lol

oNyPl7g.jpg

Pets? There's too many here and quite the variety at that. One dog, one parakeet, one terrapin, one tortoise, one ferret, 2 Guinea pigs, 2 gerbils, 4 snakes and 9 cats. My partner did animal rescue for about 10 years so these are all pretty old now, in the past year we've lost a couple budgies and a cat. Someone save me from these little monsters! (More seriously they're not too bad)

I've got angel and Angelica in late April from a next door neighbor who could on longer look after them and my neighbor got them from a friend who had to give them up because of family a situation.

Last edited:
Came to Scotland for SLA

So far I've taken photo's of Trains, had a few trips to/from Haymarket on Trains. And almost done the full Tram line

Anime watched... King's Game on Crunchyroll

But I did get to see (and ofc ride from Haymarket) the Scotrail Class 68 so I'm happy

image.jpeg

So this evening within hours of each other, my phone is bricked and long out of warranty and my secondary hard drive I used to store the backups for my phone both decided to die. And to rub salt in the wound the phone died during the time I was looking into the possibility I might be able to save enough money to take a trip to Japan next year. So much for that. I loved that phone too, but now I'm never buying an LG again, that's £500 down the drain on a contract I'm not getting back.

Give me a goddamn break universe.

So this evening within hours of each other, my phone is bricked and long out of warranty and my secondary hard drive I used to store the backups for my phone both decided to die. And to rub salt in the wound the phone died during the time I was looking into the possibility I might be able to save enough money to take a trip to Japan next year. So much for that. I loved that phone too, but now I'm never buying an LG again, that's £500 down the drain on a contract I'm not getting back.

Give me a goddamn break universe.

Is it not possible to flash a new rom onto it? If it can boot to recovery you can do everything else via pc. You'd still lose your data though :(

I don't know whether to stop actively looking for love, or not. I'm so tired of going out of my way to seek someone, when I never find anyone like that and I just end up feeling tired and sh!tty and like a sleazoid, not for doing anything sleazy but just because I'm "actively seeking". I'd feel less so, if I just stayed at home and read a book, I suppose. I can still hope I meet someone naturally, in my path, but the problem is there aren't many people naturally in my path right now. But I just don't have the energy to talk to strangers. But then I see my older brother, who streams films every night and makes no effort to look for love, and just thinks someone will fall into his lap from heaven one day. And I just think that's woefully wishful thinking. But then, he seems more content than me. But then, that's largely because he's not haunted by a lost love night and day, as I am.

It's so difficult. I guess the best thing I can do right now is try and expand my 'natural path' by going to book clubs or taking snorkelling lessons or that kind of thing. Oh I don't know. I just need to find a way to keep hope alive.

Is it not possible to flash a new rom onto it? If it can boot to recovery you can do everything else via pc. You'd still lose your data though :(
I can't even boot to recovery. Unlike when this issue occurs in Samsungs (so another manufacturer I'm not keen on buying from!) the bootloader loop problem specific to the LG G4 is apparently a hardware issue caused by contacts inside the phone coming loose - The kind of issue that imo should warrant a full recall and replacement, not just warranty coverage. If there was a component in a car that could wear lose after a couple of years and stop you from ever starting it again no owner would be expected to pay to have to fix it, the manufacturer would. But since it's a phone I guess customers just have to suck it up because two years is apparently an acceptable lifespan for something that costs several hundred pounds. Can anyone fix it? How much would it cost? No-one friggin' knows, seemingly.

As much as I dislike their lack of support for different file formats and SD cards I'm seriously considering going back to an iPhone, at least both the iPhones I've had survived for me to sell them on and recoup some of their cost rather than just dying on me. Hell, my 4 got dropped onto ceramic tiles and all it cost was £30 to replace the screen and it continued to work perfectly. I took good care of this phone and I'm left with nothing. Really don't know what to do now, I don't trust LG or Samsung, an iPhone is going to feel very restrictive and I probably can't afford to get anything anywhere near top of the line, but a high pixel density screen is really important to me. And I need a phone now probably more than I have in years for work opportunities. Pissed off does not begin to describe how I feel right now.

Since they have openly admitted it is a problem, can you not request assistance from LG even though it's outside the standard warranty? What do I do if I have a faulty product?

I would imagine that since they have acknowledged the manufacturing defect and issued a partial recall they wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they tried to fight your claim, assuming that the person who deals with your request isn't an idiot.

Really bad luck with the backup failing too.

R

I'll give it a try @Rui but it will be under the old system since it was before September 2015 so I don't know if that affects my chances. Thanks for the link, will probably have to get another phone in the interim anyway because I need to take calls. Maybe I'll go back to my mobile roots and get a new Nokia 3310...

@serpantino I did actually manage to get it to hard reset after a few (dozen) goes but no, it still won't boot. As if to emphasise how f*cked it is it played the first couple of notes of the LG jingle upon reset and then let out an electronic scream.

@serpantino I did actually manage to get it to hard reset after a few (dozen) goes but no, it still won't boot. As if to emphasise how f*cked it is it played the first couple of notes of the LG jingle upon reset and then let out an electronic scream.

Oh wow, that's ridiculous. I've not seen a totally bricked android phone since the first generation of HTC's :(. If it's their error though it's worth fighting. Ombudsman are pretty naff but it's free to do & you could fight it based on it being a premium priced item and the fault being theirs, build up a case with examples of how it's their cock up etc. If they rule against you just refuse to accept their decision and they'll be forced to look over it again.

The likely outcome for a win would be a replacement phone as opposed to a monetary refund though.

I won an ombudsman case myself earlier this year regarding an s7 cracked screen (caused by an overheating battery.) I was pretty shocked at how poorly thought out the actual chassis is and I'm glad I don't work on phones much anymore.

I'll give it a try @Rui but it will be under the old system since it was before September 2015 so I don't know if that affects my chances. Thanks for the link, will probably have to get another phone in the interim anyway because I need to take calls. Maybe I'll go back to my mobile roots and get a new Nokia 3310...
Considering I've seen on other forums that LG now seem to be trying to avoid repairing the issue for free by saying that the phone has been rooted, you'd be better off getting another phone and throwing the LG in the bin since it's unlikely that it'll be fixed even if they do accept it for repair initially.

PSA: You can totally use the old YouTube design if you want by just going onto your account icon in the top right and going to the last option in the menu 'Restore old YouTube Design'. I had NO IDEA about this till just now so incase I'm not alone I thought I would share. At least this way we can enjoy the old design for alittle longer.

I hated the new layout at first but I'm kinda used to the new one now so dunno if I should, mainly because Dark Mode is kinda needed for me now... I do think the old layout was far better in general though, shame I can't have that and the dark mode tbh.

Back