Favourite opening/ending sequences

AHO-GIRL, OP [Versions, 1 - 11]

Now the season is over, we can watch probably one of the best set of Anime OP Gag sequences of all time, side by side, in all their glory!
Bah, by the time I finally got around to this, the video no longer existed. Luckily, there's a replacement:
Hilarious. I love it!

Here's another one from me. Full set of Code Geass ops:
My favourite is the fifth and final one at 6min 03secs.

A few sports anime favourites. ;)

I really need to sit down and watch all of the various entries of this show. Hopefully I will do that over the next year.
The second and third series' (marketed as Fast & Furious and Full Throttle) are readily available from Sentai in the US but it's a real shame no-one has the original 4 episode OVA and TV show any more - AnimEigo even dubbed it for release in the US but it clearly wasn't a good enough seller for them to hold onto and it's been OOP for over five years now. The R1 box sets go for stupid money second hand, I remember bidding on an eBay auction for them years ago for about £40 the lot... and narrowly losing. Now you're looking at double that for each set (if you're lucky) and there are four sets. You can still pick up the ADV UK releases of the movie and mini specials fairly cheap though.

It would certainly benefit from the HD remaster treatment as well, being hand drawn. The OVAs especially have some lovely attention to detail.

Last edited:
Things really don't always work out as planned...

I mean, after watching @musiksoulchild's Eureka Seven op above, I remembered the end credits music of the first Mardock Scramble film, which also draws upon the song Amazing Grace. So I typed the title, 'Amazing Grace for Balot', into YouTube and got... a video about eating balut, the Philippean 'delicacy' that Mardock's cyber-heroine is named after.

What is a balut?
It's a duck embryo in its shell.

Here's the video (BEWARE IF YOU'RE SQUEAMISH!!!):

Completely off-topic, I know, but... you know. :p

Back