UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Netflix owns international rights it has nothing to do with TRIGGER
And where is Luluco? FUNi has it out? TRIGGERs BFFs dont

Netflix own the international rights for the streaming...
No one have any proof that they also own the international rights for the video.
I tend to believe that Toho is the right holder for the video rights (it's the case for the ova).
It has nothing to do whith america, AL can make a deal with Toho and release the serie before the US if they want.

Netflix own the international rights for the streaming...
No one have any proof that they also own the international rights for the video.
I tend to believe that Toho is the right holder for the video rights (it's the case for the ova).
It has nothing to do whith america, AL can make a deal with Toho and release the serie before the US if they want.

They would need to wait atleast a minimum of 6 months after the final volume release, and while we have no proof netflix has the international home video rights. We also have no proof that Toho have those rights either.

They would need to wait atleast a minimum of 6 months after the final volume release, and while we have no proof netflix has the international home video rights. We also have no proof that Toho have those rights either.

Yes of course, but they still can licence the show for home video before the US, that's what I wanted to say.

I know everyone says Netflix own streaming rights so why every Blu ray of the animes they show has their logo plastered over the box. Ajin, My Sidonia and my Seven Deadly Sins all has Netflixs logo plastered on it

iirc Netflix are the US licence holders for those shows, they just sub-licence for physical media release because they don't have a physical media distribution arm.

Anyone from AL who is following this discussion:
tenor.gif

So have Grimgar and Gangsta Collector's Editions been pushed back? Still says October 30 for both on AL and AOL, but Amazon has listed December 4 and 18 respectively...

I want to be able to order multiple releases in one shipment so it hopefully ships inside a box for overseas, but all these release date push-backs make it almost impossible to do that... I can easily see the clear plastic slip on A Silent Voice CE getting totally destroyed if shipped in a flat bubble envelope or ravioli pack - those extra-fragile plastic slips can't tolerate any pressure applied to those sharp corners at all, or they're done.

I really hate having a single Collector's set shipped to the US because it almost always gets damaged in the typical non-box shipping packages that offer no protection, no matter who I order it from; and with £25 shipping internationally, it's not very cost effective to order just one item at a time from AL directly. That's the one major headache with importing; anime CE sets are almost never packed properly or sufficiently for all the vicious handling it gets with the carriers, and going through the replacement process for everything is such a headache, especially when dealing with international orders. I would gladly pay extra money specifically to be guaranteed upgraded protective packaging, with each item separately wrapped and cushioned snugly inside a box, but no retailer I know of offers anything like that. If they did, I would buy everything from them. I guess I can dream...

See that Wolf's Rain has slipped to just Q4 now, having missed it's Nov 27th release date...

It'll actually be 2018 now - as I'm working on a 15th Anniversary edition for that special touch (yes, the show is 15 years old and I feel old now in this industry as I worked on it when I first joined Bandai...)

Best,

Andrew

It'll actually be 2018 now - as I'm working on a 15th Anniversary edition for that special touch (yes, the show is 15 years old and I feel old now in this industry as I worked on it when I first joined Bandai...)

Best,

Andrew

Thanks for the heads up - helps with the Chritmas budgetting. Hopefully also means we'll get an even better set...

Back