The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

You are already dead.

DIJpxYqUAAAM4Wv.jpg

The same team behind the Yakuza franchise has announced a brand new Fist of the North Star game.

More details!

Fist of the North Star's new game is called Hokuto ga Gotoku, and will be exclusive to the PlayStation 4 when it gets released in Fall 2018. The game will run using the Yakuza 6 engine and will also bring back Kiryu Kazuma's voice actor as Kenshiro.

The game's storyline is completely original to the source material, set in a city called 'Eden'.

Other titles revealed at the livestream from the Yakuza director was Yakuza Kiwami 2, a remake of the Yakuza 2 PS2 game, and Yakuza Online, a new standalone instalment for smartphones and PC devices with a new character.

If I hadn't already completed the PS3 port like a month ago I would have been all over FF IX. Bad timing really :rolleyes:

Yeah, I just recently purchased the PS One classic version on the Vita, but it was on sale so wasn't that expensive and I hadn't got round to playing it yet, so I purchased this version as well.

I dare say I'll pick it up in the future if it gets reduced in price. FF IX was a great entry in the series so I would like to return to it. They can keep FF VIII though...

Taiko No Tatsujin: Drum Session! is English friendly and the demo on the JPN PSN is also automatically english friendly and can be played with a normal PS4 controller. The games are pretty much Donkey Konga for those unaware. I doubt I'll be buying the game but the demo was fun to mess around with anyway.

Taiko No Tatsujin: Drum Session! is English friendly and the demo on the JPN PSN is also automatically english friendly and can be played with a normal PS4 controller. The games are pretty much Donkey Konga for those unaware. I doubt I'll be buying the game but the demo was fun to mess around with anyway.

I noticed it too, it's a cool little demo overall. It makes me question whether the Japanese release would actually set itself to English like Devil May Cry 4 and PaRappa the Rapper have done (except the controls are still Japanese style i.e. O & X).

A selection of trailers from Sonys Paris Gameshow presentation:
I thought it might be a new Onimusha at first.

Looks stunning.

Looks like it back to the heights of Heavy Rain. Upsetting scenes warning I guess.

The kid is annoyingly American.

Last but not least:
Absolutely brutal and interestingly no Ellie or Joel

Last edited:
Nothing from FFVII ?
No. It was nothing more than a video when announced, although obviously the story is already in place, but Square Enix seem to have been changing their minds a lot about how to go about making Remake. It might turn out to be another FF Versus XIII/FFXIV situation. Expect it in 2025 :(

Take into account Sony also have their own big event (Playstation Experience) at the start of December so they will not have shown everything today.

Anyway, I'm super excited to see more of Ghost of Tsushima, looks right up my street (also thought it was Onimusha for a brief moment). Monster Hunter World continues to looks fantastic and Shadow of the Colossus looks wonderful but of course it does, it's Shadow of the Colossus. The trailer for Detroit got real dark real fast, looks really interesting and was defo the best trailer they've shown for the game, that said it's David Cage so I remain sceptical.

Last edited:
Since it doesn't seem to have been mentioned, what was originally an xbox360 exclusive until it was finally released on the PS3 with more features Star Ocean: the Last Hope is being released on PS4 and PC with a 4K and full HD remaster (the original only went up to 720p because that is all the xbox360 could handle as far as I was aware) with a release of November 28 (at least for the PC version) with at least the PC version getting a day one edition that includes a 10% discount on the game along with a mini soundtrack but you will have to deal with the hated Denuvo DRM which might or might not get removed if it is cracked considering that NeiR: Automata still uses it.

STAR OCEAN™ - THE LAST HOPE -™ 4K & Full HD Remaster on Steam

There isn't any option for preorders, but that could change once the price is known (and don't expect it to come to the xbone considering the stance M$ has taken with Japanese games as of late).

I'm rather annoyed that The Last Hope 4K Remaster is digital download only but at least Square Enix has added 4 of 5 Star Ocean titles on the PlayStation 4 now (Star Ocean 2 is Japan only).

Back