US Region & Geolocking Compatible Blu-ray/DVD Imports

Not necessarily, AnimeBlu-rayUK generally looks at the back cover a lot of the time and announces it that way.

He does venture on this forum so if he appears and clarifies this then that would be great.
I have spoken to scott and he only confirms the region on titles he has tested himself. This was not the case years ago when others confirmed the region for him.
Emo185 also does not seem to respond to emails on this forum anymore.

Just thought it was worth pointing out. Looks like Joker Game, Tsukiuta: The Animation and Puzzle & Dragons X, Part 1 indicate they are Region B compatible on their back covers. Guess someone will have to test and confirm though (since those aren't always right).

Hello everyone. I have a question that is most likely stupid but here goes. Are there any Region B Aniplex titles that I can buy that may work on my Region A player? I skimmed the first page and since Region A aniplex titles play in Region B blu ray players I thought the opposite could work as well.

Hello everyone. I have a question that is most likely stupid but here goes. Are there any Region B Aniplex titles that I can buy that may work on my Region A player? I skimmed the first page and since Region A aniplex titles play in Region B blu ray players I thought the opposite could work as well.

All releases from Aniplex are region free and will work on all players.

Thank you very much. I feel dumb now after buying Unlimited Blade works when I could have just bought the U.K. Version for half the price. Guess it's time to import bakemonogatari.
Titles from Aniplex of America and Japan are region free, but the UK/AU titles aren't. UK/AU Bakemonogatari is region locked.

Thank you very much. I feel dumb now after buying Unlimited Blade works when I could have just bought the U.K. Version for half the price. Guess it's time to import bakemonogatari.

I think I misunderstood your question. Aniplex of America sets are region free, UK sublicences from Aniplex, such as MVMs Fate, Manga's Madoka or Anime Limited's Charlotte will be B locked. Sorry.

I think I misunderstood your question. Aniplex of America sets are region free, UK sublicences from Aniplex, such as MVMs Fate, Manga's Madoka or Anime Limited's Charlotte will be B locked. Sorry.
Aren't the Fate titles sublicensed for Madman/Hanabee since they're just carbon copies with the MVM slapped on them instead of those hideous AU logos or do they still have to pay AoA?

Funimation

Dance with Devils region 2/B
Tsukiuta region 2/B
Joker game region 1/A only (will stick it on as trade as I can't watch it)

Heh, another Funimation title (Joker Game) with mislabelling on both the slipcover and the discs. Well considering Anime Limited have the rights I'm not surprised by the regions.

Not sure if you needed it mentioned but Detroit Metal City works fine on a UK PS4

----

A list of UK Blurays that work on USA players would be more helpful for me as I can only watch Region A Blurays until my mate gives my PS4 back (What to be honest, I don't really care about as hes using it more that I ever did)

Not sure if you needed it mentioned but Detroit Metal City works fine on a UK PS4

----

A list of UK Blurays that work on USA players would be more helpful for me as I can only watch Region A Blurays until my mate gives my PS4 back (What to be honest, I don't really care about as hes using it more that I ever did)

I've added DMC, since it came out during the 2014 era so it should be AB instead of the current method.

As for the latter question, that is a rare question to ask as about 90% are region locked. I have discovered a small number that do work on Region A via my unboxings on my blog:

Anime Limited:
  • Belladonna of Sadness
  • Durarara!! (the Collector's Edition version)
  • Eden of the East
  • Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone
  • Free! Eternal Summer
  • Full Metal Panic!
  • Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU
  • Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
  • Mai Mai Miracle
  • Psycho Pass: The Movie
  • Tokyo ESP
Eureka Ent:
  • Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis
Funimation UK:
  • Absolute Duo
  • Gonna Be The Twin-Tail!!
  • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
Manga Animatsu:
  • Blood: The Last Vampire
  • Ghost in the Shell 2.0
  • Origin: Spirits of the Past
Pied Piper:
  • Time of Eve: The Movie
Sony Pictures:
  • First Squad
  • Paprika
  • Tekkonkinkreet
Warner Bros UK:
  • Appleseed: Ex Machina
  • Batman: Gotham Knight

Don't worry, I wont be asking people for a full list ^.^

Just find it annoying its easier to watch imported shows as its how my PC's set up. I Need to get around to sorting out a Bluray player for my laptop and set it to B/4

PC can play A/1 and 2.

I've added DMC, since it came out during the 2014 era so it should be AB instead of the current method.

As for the latter question, that is a rare question to ask as about 90% are region locked. I have discovered a small number that do work on Region A via my unboxings on my blog:

Anime Limited:
  • Belladonna of Sadness
  • Durarara!! (the Collector's Edition version)
  • Eden of the East
  • Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone
  • Free! Eternal Summer
  • Full Metal Panic!
  • Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU
  • Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
  • Mai Mai Miracle
  • Psycho Pass: The Movie
  • Tokyo ESP
Eureka Ent:
  • Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis
Funimation UK:
  • Absolute Duo
  • Gonna Be The Twin-Tail!!
  • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
Manga Animatsu:
  • Blood: The Last Vampire
  • Ghost in the Shell 2.0
  • Origin: Spirits of the Past
Pied Piper:
  • Time of Eve: The Movie
Sony Pictures:
  • First Squad
  • Paprika
  • Tekkonkinkreet
Warner Bros UK:
  • Appleseed: Ex Machina
  • Batman: Gotham Knight
Warner Bros don't region lock any of their blurays anywhere.

IIRC the first run of Paprika is region locked with subsequent pressings being region free.

Just received my parcel and tested these.

Ladies vs butlers B
Space patrol luluco B/2
Orange B/2
Alderamin on the sky B/2
Relife B/2

The testament of sister new devil
Only region A/1
Will stick it up for trade as I can not watch it. :(

Edit: just realised that some of these have been confirmed already.
Sorry

Back