UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Nice cross promotion. There's an ad for Gundam ZZ in the just released Gundam Versus game case.
Given that the game spans the different Gundam universes, I wonder if this will prompt any fans of the more modern series' like Wing and Seed to dip into the UC anime? ZZ being someone's first experience of the UC would be... Interesting for them.

I think there is some confusion regarding the Eureka Seven UE packaging. @NormanicGrav stated that there are two rigid cases for each digipack. To my understanding, there's only one rigid case that contains two digipacks. This single case will be the same height as regular CEs.

Excerpt from the AL blog post:
The discs will be housed inside two separate digipacks (pictured top right), and those digipacks will then be housed inside their own rigid case (top left) so they can sit proudly on your shelf with your anime collection. The rigid case & digipack are the same height as other releases of ours – so it’ll fit like a glove into your collection.

@anime_andrew please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I think there is some confusion regarding the Eureka Seven UE packaging. @NormanicGrav stated that there are two rigid cases for each digipack. To my understanding, there's only one rigid artcase that contains two digipacks. This single artcase will be the same height as regular CEs.

Excerpt from the AL blog post:

@anime_andrew please correct me if I'm wrong.

Andrew's probably correct. I rushed my article out to be honest.

Eureka Seven UE looks okay, perhaps not as good as I had hoped but I'm excited for the Artbook.

What sort of quality is the Artbook going to be? The FMA Artbook was of an incredibly high standard and I would love it if the E7 one can match it. Shame episode 51 didn't get included, it's not overly important of course but both that episode and the Ray=Out OVA have never come out in English officially.

The artbox's spine is super plain, a wrap around design would have been my preference. I don't know I guess I'm slightly disappointed as the set is pretty basic, even the disc art is very boring looking, as are the Digipacks. Shame as E7 has so much great colour and design and yet the artbox has a black background on the spine, the image on the front is a dull looking sunset scene and the digipacks are just plain white with headshots slapped on. The addition of a poster is also not exactly the most overwhelming of additions.

Man I hope that artbook is good otherwise I'm going to feel pretty stupid for buying this despite already owning the Funi BD and the original Bandai LE Vols. I'm a huge fan of this series and I really hoped this was going to blow my socks off but tragically it hasn't.

Last edited:
Already pre-ordered on Amazon until we know the price on AL's store.

Minor detail but not sure I like the fact that the artbook doesn't fit in the slipcase. I know that's what allows us to get fullsized artbooks, but I still prefer the way they made the Escaflowne UE.

Question: does anime-on-line ship internationally with a tracking number? I'm thinking of getting the FMA UE eventually, but I'm not spending that much money if it's not tracked. Will shoot them an email, I suppose.

All these fine UEs, I swear AL will be the end of me

Minor detail but not sure I like the fact that the artbook doesn't fit in the slipcase. I know that's what allows us to get fullsized artbooks, but I still prefer the way they made the Escaflowne UE.

Question: does anime-on-line ship internationally with a tracking number? I'm thinking of getting the FMA UE eventually, but I'm not spending that much money if it's not tracked. Will shoot them an email, I suppose.

All I could find was this line on delivery details
- All items ordered from Anime-On-Line are sent Insured.

Eureka Seven UE looks okay, perhaps not as good as I had hoped but I'm excited for the Artbook. What sort of quality is the Artbook going to be? The FMA Artbook was of an incredibly high standard and I would love it if the E7 one can match it.

We went with softback to echo Japanese art books so if you have a collection it will fit in perfectly - quality should be in line with that as we wouldn't go for A3. Really excited to see it in print here as I put a LOT of time into composing the book - it's been a labour of love here with the assets we have.

Shame episode 51 didn't get included, it's not overly important of course but both that episode and the Ray=Out OVA have never come out in English officially.

Both those haven't come out due to restrictions from the committee - it's why no territory has released them alas.

The artbox's spine is super plain, a wrap around design would have been my preference. I don't know I guess I'm slightly disappointed as the set is pretty basic, even the disc art is very boring looking, as are the Digipacks. Shame as E7 has so much great colour and design and yet the artbox has a black background on the spine, the image on the front is a dull looking sunset scene and the digipacks are just plain white with headshots slapped on. The addition of a poster is also not exactly the most overwhelming of additions.

You see, this is a classic case of we will never win with everyone on whatever project we work on alas. Really sorry you feel this is all pretty basic and it didn't blow your socks off but at the end of the day it can be subjective I guess :) Just so you know, we spent a long time thinking through how to handle it with the assets we had on hand so below is a background on the thought processes involved as it was one of my projects.

Re rigid box - Personally of all the artwork we were allowed to choose from this one stood out in terms of form as it's never been used for packaging and we really liked it. We'd have loved a wrap-around image but there were none available for usage for that so we thought creatively and persuaded the licensor to allow this image for use for the first time for home video. The spine was my choice as we went for a nice spot UV touch on the reverse that should ring true to fans of the series I think :).

Re disc arts: We had several propositions, I liked the idea of highlighting the characters in the show per disc. My only regret is not having one for Ray & Charles - my two favourite characters in the series.

Re digipacks: Again creative choice went in here to be minimal and focus on the key characters with a focus on the two main pairs in the show on both sides of the conflict along with their mechs. Not for everyone but there was a stylistic choice behind it - I'd have conversely found splatting artworks on each panel just weird creatively (as there's no artwork that would spread over all the panels so you'd have to use multiple ones)

Re assets: We delved pretty deeply but at the end of the day old shows can be harder to access, some have shockingly few assets so we got lucky with what we did liberate and it took considerable wrangling. If there is something you feel would have done better, I'd love to hear what you feel would have (alas though we used every last asset we were given in this release, but I always love to hear how people feel we could have done better ^^.)

Ah well, onward and upwards :)! Hope you enjoy the artbook!

Best,

AP

No wonder I was confused when I wrote the article. This is an Ultimate Edition without the usual Ultimate Edition box (I would use Mai Mai Miracle for comparison where it's a CE with a large artbook).

Correct - the concept is one I am experimenting with as we often get points from fans that they'd love a bigger set but don't have space for the current concept size (aka Escaflowne or FMP for example) so what we got to thinking with FMA was what if the discs were in a regular sized rigid so you can put the contents with more of the same (aka artbook with your artbook, discs with discs etc) and get the maximum usage out of them all :). It doesn't work for every product but it allows us to experiment with different form factors (like full sized A4 artbooks or resin gates for example!)

We're always trying new things and open to feedback from folks on it though :). In this case as no good quality Eureka Seven artbok remains in print (or ever really existed) this is the area we focussed on this time though :).

Hope this is illuminating :)!

Best,

AP

Hi @anime_andrew, is there any news regarding K Missing Kings and K Return of Kings? I recall that they were licensed a while back and was wondering if there was any update?

I'd have a little question too. Hyouka is listed on the release schedule as a "distributing for Funimation" title. Might this possibly get a box even through the Funi release didn't like Assasination Classroom Season 2 got one? Or is it just going to the a simple amaray case? I 'm still totally rooting for a CE, especially given that I find the funi covers nor really being in harmony with each other.

I'd have a little question too. Hyouka is listed on the release schedule as a "distributing for Funimation" title. Might this possibly get a box even through the Funi release didn't like Assasination Classroom Season 2 got one? Or is it just going to the a simple amaray case? I 'm still totally rooting for a CE, especially given that I find the funi covers nor really being in harmony with each other.
From the Amazon description

Contains episodes 1 to 11 on Blu-Ray with both the English dub and the original Japanese track with English subtitles. Presented in Collectors packaging.

Oooooh, now I'm hyped, espcially given how my Japanese complete box' design is rather a bit lackluster-y except for the exclusive artwork.

Considering the price of the UE we'd be shipping it via parcelforce, so you'd definitely have a tracking number.

So uh, I just made my order for A Silent Voice and was looking around my orders and I noticed that my MSG: ZZ order isn't in my "Your Orders" list :/ The thing is that I thought that order was a bit weird as the email confirming my order was sent to my Paypal email address rather than the email address every other order I have made directly from Anime Limiteds store (including the one I made today) has went to. I mean the money has been taken too so I'm not sure what's up here, has anyone else had any issues?

Last edited:
Back