Luna's Search & Sale pile

New for sale:
Yamada's First Time B Gata H Kei Blu Ray; US Funimation S.A.V.E Combo, but with the DVD removed. Blu-rays are new and unwatched and I have replaced the 4.-disc case with a 2-disc case. Region Code A+B

@IncendiaryLemon
I get them complete with the DVDs. With combos I usually start watching a show by watching the DVDs. (DVD can be accelerated, BDs not). If it's a very good show I usually switch up to BD pretty quickly. Once finished, I remove the DVDs and they move hands to an acquaintance who doesn't care about quality whatsoever. Doesn't care whatsoever means he'd even got those pirated Chinese bootlegs from ebay. Meanwhile the DVDs are basically useless to me, when there is a BD in a combo of something I like, because I'd then be watching the BD anyway. So it usually matches up fine. - Unless I decide to not keep the show at all, I suppose. Didn't expect myself to be such an odd one at not caring about the DVD half...

@IncendiaryLemon
I get them complete with the DVDs. With combos I usually start watching a show by watching the DVDs. (DVD can be accelerated, BDs not). If it's a very good show I usually switch up to BD pretty quickly. Once finished, I remove the DVDs and they move hands to an acquaintance who doesn't care about quality whatsoever. Doesn't care whatsoever means he'd even got those pirated Chinese bootlegs from ebay. Meanwhile the DVDs are basically useless to me, when there is a BD in a combo of something I like, because I'd then be watching the BD anyway. So it usually matches up fine. - Unless I decide to not keep the show at all, I suppose. Didn't expect myself to be such an odd one at not caring about the DVD half...

I kinda of get you, I've never touched any DVDs in a combo sets, but I dunno, having missing discs would kind of bug me I think.

@IncendiaryLemon
It's half as bad with Combos from Funi or Viz, since they use standard cases. I got myself a bunch of empty 2-disc cases and replace them, that removes the empty spots, so it doesn't even look as bad. (Actually I even prefer it that way, with both in I always need a moment to closely look which disc was the BD again.) And it irks me very much to have something useless stores up at my place.
(It does get tricky with digipack combos (those empty spots do look unbrilliant) or some boxed LE sets.)

The DVDs of following, which I have listed as DVDs removed, have not yet moved hands. That will happen somewhen next month (probably). So in case anybody wants the full set, I can still put them back.

Attack on Titan Junior High Limited Edition
Lucky Star The Complete Series
Luck & Logic Complete Collection Blu Ray;
Rage of the Bahamut: Genesis Complete Collection
Yamada's First Time B Gata H Kei

I have a UK RB blu of High school Of The Dead (complete series and OVA) in my sale thread for £7. It's not even been watched as I got it as a present but I already had the US edition. If you're interested shoot me a PM. Not sure how much postage will be to Germany.
Also for the very cheap bargain pile I have the entire series of Detroit Metal City on RA Blu for £5.

Last edited:
From the looks of it, adding merely UK shipping would already make the High School of the Dead BD more expensive than from Amazon. So I am most likely cheaper off I I were to order from Amazon directly. ^^;
(But didn't even know UK had the show and even for that cheap. Now I know what I can add when I have something to order from Amazon, but not enough for shipping, so thanks for that~)

New for sale:
Valkyrie Drive Mermaid Complete Collection, US release by Funimation, Blu-ray/DVD combo release with slipcover, DVDs have been watched, Blu-rays are untouched. Region Code A/1

..... I have no idea how this ever ended up in my basket... At any rate, in case anybody wants this complete with the DVDs, they'll stay in the combo for a while, but will move hands, if nobody wants the complete set.

Oh, sounds interesting~
Are they normally BD sized? Like if I were to want to complete/keep it, would the AL ones look weird next to them?

My plan has failed :(

The JP releases are DVD sized while AL are BD sized so there's a size discrepancy.

There's also the sad fact that while the spines of the JP releases are blue the AL releases have white spines.

Started collecting the JP versions then AL threw out their releases in quick succession so my sets a 50/50 split between the two.

Starting from scratch you have the option going with either version as they'd both likely cost the same once you factored in shipping.

Oh. Hm. ...
Do they have subtitles? I don't mind not having them personally, but if I end up not wanting to keep them it'll become a little issue down the way.

Hmm. Movie 3 and 4 are still pretty expensive in Japan. Give me a bit to think about it a little.
.... Oh I also forgot to ask - are those BDs or DVDs actually?

New for sale:
Golden Time Blu-Ray Collection 1-2, US release by Sentai, Region Code A, complete series, BDs have been watched once

(Though I guess most people would rather be going for the UK edition...)

Would be interested in maybe yamadas first time if postage wouldn't cost a bomb how much would you want? After series that are reg a/b and contain both blu ray and dvd as lemon said would also big me knowing it isn't a full set. Dunno why

Back