Your viewing journal

Non Non Biyori Repeat complete
Another season of fun stories of life in the countryside. Seemed a bit odd to have stories from the same year as the first season especially as it added in some inconsistenties such as Hotarus dog not seen in the first season (and how had Renge not seen it in a whole year, they've all been to Hotarus house in both seasons). But it also lead to some nice nods to the first season as well.

Overlord episodes 10-13 (Complete. This was great fun, combining a good lead and fun characters with a world that has much to explore in future stories. Happy to see a second season has been confirmed.) Side note: this was the last anime to feature Ed Blaylock's wonderful voice :( 4/5

Persona 4: The Animation episodes 1-9

Blood Blockade Battlefront ep11-12(halfway)

Scanners! Yaaaaay. I was also kind of amused that Black namechecks The Shining, rather than Akira, which seems to be the obvious punchline there.

Overlord episodes 10-13 (Complete. This was great fun, combining a good lead and fun characters with a world that has much to explore in future stories. Happy to see a second season has been confirmed.) Side note: this was the last anime to feature Ed Blaylock's wonderful voice :( 4/5

If you enjoy reading I highly recommend the light novel :)

AHO-GIRL, Episode 12 [Completed]

The Aho-Girl origin story was great. Overall I've had a fun time with AHO-GIRL.

tNDOqs9.jpg

Food Wars: The Second Plate-Episodes 8-11

Ah, they're doing the whole work placement thing a-la-My Hero Academia, that's pretty cool. Some interesting pairings too.

Nurse Witch Komugi R-Episodes 5-8

Made in Abyss-Episode 12

Mitty doesn't get any less unsettling the more I see it.

Persona 4: The Animation episodes 10-25 and "True End" OVA (Complete. This was certainly interesting. Having not played the game this anime adapts from, I'm not sure if this is a faithful adaptation or not, but as is, I really enjoyed this series as its own entity. (I'll get around to playing the persona games eventually....)

The cast of characters were all memorable and strong, and the mechanics of the world were fun and the battles visually stunning. The narrative worked well, and even the slice-of-life-esque episodes were enjoyable thanks to the character interactions, and kudos to the dub, the exchanges between the voice actors were hilarious. Overall this was great.) 4.5/5

Made in Abyss - Episode 11: Ohh Mitty

Rage of Bahamut Virgin Soul - Episode 23: I'm not sure how they're going to clear everything up within one episode? Anyhows ..
+1 for Assland's pathetic death & -1 for killing off Kaiser. I usually hate it when shows go back & revive/save characters you thought were (or actually were) dead but for Kaisar I'll let that slip.

Gurren Lagann episodes 25–27 (rewatch complete)

Encore! Encore! Need more Gurren Lagann.

Ah, that'll be a rewatch of the movies and Parallel Works, then. Yay!

Back