Metropolis Genga and Reference Sheet
xNccXH7.jpg

FAEcWd3.jpg

Metropolis Genga and Cel
uhVbE91.jpg

jgmI2oo.jpg

Metropolis Cel
Ed3P8yD.jpg

Ah, Gengas and Dougas and cels and that good, good stuff. That takes me back. Did I already tell everyone about the time I lost my mind and went cel crazy and spunked over £600 on a Princess Mononoke cel from Mandarke auctions? It was really, really pretty, but hot damn I was NUTS. I couldn't really afford it, but I hot-hotheadedly won a heated bidding war for it. I think it was one of the most expensive Mononoke cels Mandarake had ever sold. I didn't really have all the £s and had to ask Mandarake to give me an extra few weeks while I sold my body on curb corners, and they very kindly obliged. I sold it maybe 4 years ago for a couple hundred quid on ebay, but I didn't really try that hard to be honest and didn't wanna fleece some poor git like I fleeced meself. Still, those were better (but still bad) days hey, spending insane money on stuff like that. I can't even afford a cup of artisanal coffee these days :(

I think I still have a nice Vash cel somewhere. I'll try and dig it out and take a pic and post it here sometime.

I think your laptop looks well cool Ayase! I'm pretty used to typing on screens as well now, I type most of streams of consciousness and crappy poetry on my iphone 4, and I like that star-trek vibe, I could pretend to be Data, God I used to love Data when I was a kid, and that guy with the visor. I'm not sure which one was cooler.

I do like tactile touch as well, but computer key boards don't cut the mustard for me, I need a typewriter, that is what I really need.

Re ordered Digimon Tri 2 and Your name on Amazon this time locked a DB figure from Amazon warehouse in there, they say very good condition but the price is half of what the other listings are hmm. We'll see.

Received a couple more funds so here's what I bought this week:

PlayStation Network £25 Card - £23.49
Basically I decided it's not a good thing to use your actual card or PayPal when it comes to PSN payments so I made use of CD Keys (thanks to Buzz for pointing it out last year) and saved a bit of cash getting these pre-paid cards instead.

I mainly spend these on Rock Band because I like the game a lot, so here's the songs that I bought:

Rock Band 4 Spotlight Pass - £10.99
This pack contains 8 brand new songs to the game with one appearing each week. Currently there are 4 available so there's another 4 not available until the next four Thursdays.
Avenged Sevenfold - "God Damn"
Garbage - "Stupid Girl"
Ted Nugent - "Stranglehold"
Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice Baby"

Off the Charts Pack 1 - £7.39
This pack came out early into the Rock Band 4 DLC line-up and it had a cool selection of indie rock bands.
Beck - "Dreams"
BØRNS - "Electric Love"
Catfish And The Bottlemen - "Cocoon"
Cold War Kids - "First"
X Ambassadors - "Renegades"

Singles - £1.69 each
These two I also wanted to own for the music library.
Catfish And The Bottlemen - "Postpone"
The Temper Trap - "Alive"

Humble Bundle: Hunie Sakura - $10.00
A friend of mine kept pestering me to grab this pack and I decided that I may as well since it's £7.69. This contains a bunch of Western-made visual novels and the popular puzzle game.

Tier 1: $1
HunieCam Studio
Sakura Agent
Sakura Fantasy
Sakura Beach
Sakura Beach 2
Sakura Angels
Sakura Spirit

Tier 2: BTA
HuniePop
Sakura Swim Club
Sakura Nova
Sakura Space
Sakura Shrine Girls
Sakura Magical Girls
Sakura Santa

Tier 3: $10
Sakura Dungeon

mS-ffTapTwiJhoB30QE-wg.png

qwefhHI2SROtjTjoKrOYVQ.png

well I haven't paid for it yet, but the person I bought Little Witch Academia Volume 2 from has emailed me asking if I'm interested in Volume 6 for the same price, and I've told him I am.

Hes sent me pictures, and will send me a paypal invoice for volume 6 on Friday :3

Bit weird to own 2, and 6 out of the release sets so far.

Another shopping spree in town, first up HMV for some more Ghibli. I had to skip Ponyo and Arrietty as neither of them had the slipcase. Ponyo does on their website which has the same 2 for £25, but Arrietty doesn't (same on Amazon!)
DSC_0149.JPG
Also in HMV I brought this for £2 cheaper than it should have been as it had the wrong sticker on it!
DSC_0151.JPG
Spotted these in Waterstones for same price as Amazon (wasn't any in Forbidden Planet), all I have to do now is buy Vol 1 and 2 before I can read them! They said they would be in, in about a week, along with 5, but they don't do the rest, but can order for me.
DSC_0152.JPG
Then I popped into the oriental shop I found last time, and got lucky with the next Neon Genesis Evangelion lucky dip box. 2 to go, but obviously increased chance of a duplicate.
DSC_0154.JPG
I missed out on the HMV exclusive box of Ghost in the Shell, so went to Sainsburys (were I have staff discount) and they had 2 for £25 on certain titles. Luckily there were 2 in the deal that I haven't brought yet.
DSC_0155.JPG

Another shopping spree in town, first up HMV for some more Ghibli. I had to skip Ponyo and Arrietty as neither of them had the slipcase. Ponyo does on their website which has the same 2 for £25, but Arrietty doesn't (same on Amazon!)

I think Arrietty technically didn't come with one I believe and if it did it had the wrong number on it. I simply went for the Blu-ray only set as Nausicaa also doesn't have a slipcover. I know Ponyo's slipcover might be OOP and I believe Tales from Earthsea and Wind Rises are next on that issue.

I think Arrietty technically didn't come with one I believe and if it did it had the wrong number on it.
Yeah. Had another search of Amazon and there is a CE with slipcase, but only used copies. MusicMagpie shows a new copy with slipcase on eBay (I've just messaged them to see if the picture is correct). Both are numbered 6 in the pictures, but like you say that's wrong, looking at my collection that's Laputas number.
I know Ponyo's slipcover might be OOP and I believe Tales from Earthsea and Wind Rises are next on that issue.
Hopefully the picture on HMVs site is correct, Amazon also shows a slipcase on Ponyo. I have the other 2 already.
Just got 4 to go now of the actual Ghibli films (might have to pair Ponyo with Cagliostro if I have to buy Arrietty separately), the 2 I skipped and the last 2 Kaguya and Marnie.

Back