UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Knowing I've never ordered stuff from either, what kind of difference is there between zavvi and AL's own store? Shipping costs? Shipping times? Maybe the price itself?

I would prefer amazon of course, but at first glance, the choice seems obvious (support AL directly), considering both offer international shipping.

The main reason why the AL-Shop is less attractive for international customers is that shipping costs are £11,50 for Europe whereas Zavvi is free when your order is above 20€. My last order arrived 2 weeks after official release in the UK but with questionable packaging. My go-to-store is Anime-On-Line because Amazon doesn't offer Paypal-payment and orders arrive usually 1 or 2 days after release if not before. Sadly, AOL is not an optione for Your Name.

Last edited:
Zavvi more likely cheaper as online stores knock off some money from the RRP. Steel case is currently £10 cheaper and standard Blu-Ray is £5 cheaper on Zavvi. Early bird from AL are cheaper than RRP, but I'm not sure how it works as I'm still fairly new to all this.

I see, thanks.

Well, between Zavvi's 2 weeks and AL's supposed 30 days and better packaging... Yeah, guess I'm gonna have to be patient with delivery on this one.

I see, thanks.

Well, between Zavvi's 2 weeks and AL's supposed 30 days and better packaging... Yeah, guess I'm gonna have to be patient with delivery on this one.

Just a question, where do you live? I'm asking because your name seems to be Portuguese, and if so, last I checked, Zavvi doesn't ship to Portugal. That's why I said previously in here I had to pay the £11,5 p+p from AL's store.

Just a question, where do you live? I'm asking because your name seems to be Portuguese, and if so, last I checked, Zavvi doesn't ship to Portugal. That's why I said previously in here I had to pay the £11,5 p+p from AL's store.

I am indeed Portuguese but I'm living in Switzerland, don't know if Zavvi ship here or not, will check it out.

Is that right, back in Portugal I used to order from zavvi, but that was a long time ago. Didn't think much of them then buy they get some good deals, I guess.

I am indeed Portuguese but I'm living in Switzerland, don't know if Zavvi ship here or not, will check it out.

Is that right, back in Portugal I used to order from zavvi, but that was a long time ago. Didn't think much of them then buy they get some good deals, I guess.

Ah, right, I have no idea what their policy is in regards to Switzerland.

When I first started buying anime, before I found out about this forum, I think (though I'm not sure) that they still shipped over here, but that didn't last long. Now, whenever I see someone mentioning Zavvi in the bargains thread, I cry a little on the inside :p

That's fair enough, if the demand at that price is there then that's great for you guys, but £60 is too much for a movie for me.... I write this knowing I'll probably buy it anyway as I really want the booklet but you know me, I must moan about it regardless....

I'm also a huge fan of Sword of the Stranger so I'm very much looking forward to that one.

Quick note on my side, the £59,99 SRP does not necessarily mean it will be at that price when on sale so stay tuned :). There's usually a bit of retail give and take even when it's an exclusive. May not help a huge amount but still, better than a kick in the teeth and man was the book difficult to get done in time (not just translation but design, QC and approval as obviously the text went on a bit more than the JP one after translation).

Definitely happy with that an at the 128 page mark (+4pp cover), it's a book not a booklet for sure!

AP

Ordered a copy at Zavvi, but made a mistake with the address and I can't edit it. What year is this.

Waiting for customer service to get back to me.

Excited to re-watch the movie, it's so visually rich! Just gotta get this and 5cm per second and my Shinkai collection will be (temporarily) complete.

If Manga ever get round to releasing it on Blu-Ray.
How long do they have the license for? Any chance of AL getting it?

My collection is/will be a mix of AL's and Kaze's (French) releases. It bothers me a tiiiiiny little bit that it's not all just by AL, but really, I'm just happy to be able to own all of Shinkai's movies. (and to be fair, Kaze's Agartha and Garden of Words releases are lovely)

Definitely wouldn't mind an AL release of 5cm, though wink wink

Back