Your viewing journal

My Hero Academia Season 2-Episode 23

Another great episode, I really love seeing these matchups.

My Love Story-Episodes 7-9

You know, I'm convinced that this series is the ultimate in aspirational anime. Takeo and Yamato aren't wealthy or powerful or famous, yet they are as happy as it is possible to be, just because they have each other. I just look at this and think "Why couldn't this be my life?!".

Food Wars: The Second Plate-Episode 4

I love how Mimasaka is pretty much just a JoJo villain sans a stand.

Ushio and Tora Season 2-Episode 9

Looks like the final showdown is pretty close now. This series has done a wonderful job of hyping up Hakumen no Mono as a threat, so hopefully the endgame is satisfying.

Ep 12 of Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu
Ep 11 of Hitorijime My Hero...why won't my tears stop :(

I've been really impressed with Hitorijime, My Hero - you too? I'm just going to have to watch it all again...

(Frustrated, but not entirely surprised that ANN voters didn't pick it to review, especially as some of their chosen series seem to have turned out to be very disappointing. )

DJ3_YsFW0AA5IPP.jpg

Re:CREATORS
(Japanese audio) - Episodes 17-19

Seriously that face.

My Hero Academia episode 36

Moribito episodes 24-26 (Complete. This was a solid fantasy series with a good lead and likeable supporters characters. The lore is also decent and kept the story interesting.) 3.5/5

The Player
(film)

Night Raid 1931 episodes 0-7

I've been really impressed with Hitorijime, My Hero - you too? I'm just going to have to watch it all again...

(Frustrated, but not entirely surprised that ANN voters didn't pick it to review, especially as some of their chosen series seem to have turned out to be very disappointing. )
I'm loving it, so emotional. Now just waiting for them to get it all resolved in the last episode...I want to be left with a warm fuzzy feeling.

Re:CREATORS (Japanese audio) - Episodes 20-22 (Complete)

Final thoughts on Re:Creators

- Story is the weakest aspect of the show. The first half is much more interesting than the second half.
- Music is cliche but I felt it was one of Sawano's better works in recent years. The OPs are also great to listen to, the EDs are okay but forgettable.
- Characters are great, however there's a plothole regarding Magane and some of the aspects of Altair.
- Animation is solid all around, some CG is a bit eh but overall I have no issues with it.

I'm debating between a high 6 or a low 7 overall.

Last edited:
Finally getting around to continuing Hina Logic - From Luck & Logic, Up next is Episode 9

Think I need to stop watching Slice of Life for a while after this season

Really enjoyed this series, managed to end with a 9/10 and getting on to my Rewatch at some point list. Been a very good 5 episode binge <3
-----------------

Lion x Nina <3 <3 <3 <3

Last edited:
Night Raid 1931 ova and episodes 8-13 (Complete. This was a decent if a little underwhelming series. The characters were a mixed bag but the setting and ideas were good, if a little unexplored. The OVA "Demon of the Opium Den" was a dark and fascinating story, and is honestly the best part of the series.) 3.5/5

Nobunaga the Fool
episodes 1-9

My Love Story-Episodes 7-9

You know, I'm convinced that this series is the ultimate in aspirational anime. Takeo and Yamato aren't wealthy or powerful or famous, yet they are as happy as it is possible to be, just because they have each other. I just look at this and think "Why couldn't this be my life?!".
Fiction vs. Real Life:

*Sigh*
Sorry. That just kinda leaked out there.

Non Non Biyori complete
The premise sounded similar to Barakamon, but apart from the city slicker coming to the country part it wasn't that similar. There was no over arching plot so to speak just lots of fun and funny little stories with a different type of comedy than Barakamons slapstick and misunderstanding comedy. But there were still some countryside way of life stuff which was similar.

Nobunaga the Fool episodes 10-24
(Complete. This was certainly an interesting one. The series almost feels like two different ones meshed together, with the tone and focus of the anime shifting around episode 14. The story becomes ravelled up in the likes of King Arthur and the holy grail (risky considering the Fate Series did it so much better and more in depth).

The characters were middling to decent, (and the writers certainly weren't afraid to kill them off accordingly) with the highlight being the eccentric Leonardo Da Vinci (yes, that Leonardo Da Vinci), who was very entertaining throughout. The villains however were rather weak and underdeveloped.
Side note; poor Jeanne, she doesn't get a breather in the second half, being put through a ton (including torture and burning) before dying at the end with Nobu in a touching send off.
The ending was pretty solid at least, and the last scene was a nice touch.) 3.5/5

Nobunagun
episodes 1-5

Back