UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

With UHD there's also less chance for banding to pop up (unless it's baked into the master) because there's no 10bit->8bit dithering needed. I'm not sure Madman is up to the task of preserving the dithering.

Looks nice enough, gonna have to come way down from the SRP for me though as the only extra I actually want is the booklet tbh.

Re Your Name Deluxe - You may well run-out then before that happens significantly sadly as in France, FNAC listed it and sold out of their allocation super quickly after it went online. No idea what speed the UK will go at but I remain unsure if it will have any units left to discount by that time... Re cost - worth saying it took a lot of work to get the whole thing translated and out in time (there's a reason Funimation's is just artworks where as ours has all of it).

Re Stranger - it will be, because I designed it :). Huge fan of the film here :).

AP

Tbh the £60 SRP is a pretty good in and of itself, it is only £35 more than the steelbook and you are getting a whole lot more and if you loved the film then I'd say it is worth it. My only worry is it is now 11pm and I am about to go to bed I hope I don't wake up to see these gone...

Great, now I'm worried, because I was hoping to get it in an early bird (that could not even happen), because with the p+p the price it is, usually an early bird is about the usual price without any p+p >_>

I did get a copy pre-ordered but cancelled since I wouldn't get around to playing it for like a year. I do have a SNES classic ordered at least, though now more stock has been confirmed it'll hopefully be less scarce for those who want one.

Back on topic, I'm interested in the CE, though it'd be a blind buy it seems like one that might pay off nicely. Will see...

Last edited:
Re Your Name Deluxe - You may well run-out then before that happens significantly sadly as in France, FNAC listed it and sold out of their allocation super quickly after it went online. No idea what speed the UK will go at but I remain unsure if it will have any units left to discount by that time... Re cost - worth saying it took a lot of work to get the whole thing translated and out in time (there's a reason Funimation's is just artworks where as ours has all of it).

Re Stranger - it will be, because I designed it :). Huge fan of the film here :).

AP
That's fair enough, if the demand at that price is there then that's great for you guys, but £60 is too much for a movie for me.... I write this knowing I'll probably buy it anyway as I really want the booklet but you know me, I must moan about it regardless....

I'm also a huge fan of Sword of the Stranger so I'm very much looking forward to that one.

@anime_andrew @Jeremy Graves please is there any chance Zavvi will be sending the beautiful Your Name DE in a box and not in an envelope????

We have 100% zero control over how Zavvi dispatches/handles their orders, so that isn't something we can comment on.

I will add that I've personally ordered loads of stuff from Zavvi and I've always found their packaging to be fine; I've never received a damaged item from them - that includes something I received within the last week. I appreciate other haven't had the same luck I've had, but I've rarely hear about damaged parcels from Zavvi - for context, I used to get a fair amount of emails about it and haven't had one in forever. Hope that helps.

I find Zavvi's packaging very hit and miss tbh. I mean sometimes it's a bubble envelope and other times it's one of those wrap around cardboard things AL use to ship things and to me it seems there's no rhyme or reason for what they use for a particular order. That said, I don't receive damaged sets from them any more than I do from anyone else.

We have 100% zero control over how Zavvi dispatches/handles their orders, so that isn't something we can comment on.

I will add that I've personally ordered loads of stuff from Zavvi and I've always found their packaging to be fine; I've never received a damaged item from them - that includes something I received within the last week. I appreciate other haven't had the same luck I've had, but I've rarely hear about damaged parcels from Zavvi - for context, I used to get a fair amount of emails about it and haven't had one in forever. Hope that helps.
I assume you didn't have to deal with oversea shipments to ther European countires. They had the audacity to send SAO2 Part 1 (with the artcase) in a bubblewrap envelope... And having to deal with their customer support for non UK countries is not an experience I recommend having.

I assume you didn't have to deal with oversea shipments to ther European countires. They had the audacity to send SAO2 Part 1 (with the artcase) in a bubblewrap envelope...
I'm intrigued as to how they even got it to fit in there, what were they thinking?!

Big box sets and Jiffy bags are a lethal combination

Back