The General Conversation Area

So yesterday I had my second job interview. Similar to the first one, it was for a Web Developer position only this time it was a Junior PHP role. The interview took over an hour but it was an interesting one. I seem to have managed to perform well on the background of the company and answered the questions he was going to ask. He showed me a sample of code that he wanted me to see if I can recognise it, and I felt this part was hit or miss. The embarrassing bit was not recognising the drop down list code (Select & Option). Aside from that I felt that I did alright, however he preferred folks who have done something during their free-time which I admittedly did not do during August (due to Uni taking down the servers). I completely understand his point though.

I'll receive the results on Monday but I will keep my expectations low.

Aside from that I felt that I did alright, however he preferred folks who have done something during their free-time

The way the industry's going at the minute, sign up for a free trial of AWS and learn the concepts behind the infrastructure side. Webmonkey's are expected to have an understanding of the backend and if you can strech it I recommend Linux Academy to get some AWS training.
With the stuff I keep getting sent on LinkedIn you could add at least an extra 15k to your expected salary if you had a background in cloudyness (AWS/Azure).

Even though my collection has been spared since my father is going to store everything in his garage (which is only going to be good until he croaks) I'm still seriously screwed up mentally since I'm still hitting depression city central along with not being able to get that much sleep and I think I'm on the borderline for emotional breakdown so I'm going to talk to my doctor about it when I see him next week and hope that I can at least find a place to call home so that I can get through this nightmare.

Even though my collection has been spared since my father is going to store everything in his garage (which is only going to be good until he croaks) I'm still seriously screwed up mentally since I'm still hitting depression city central along with not being able to get that much sleep and I think I'm on the borderline for emotional breakdown so I'm going to talk to my doctor about it when I see him next week and hope that I can at least find a place to call home so that I can get through this nightmare.

Sounds like a nightmare indeed. Stay strong.

Really hope things settle down soon Demon :'( Wish I could give a hand but I'm in a similar situation over the next few months but hopefully things will quieten again... Houses should be made all equal... and be free (Yeh, thats unlikely lol)

Anyone else had this with UPS?

Purchased item from US and it got sent via "UPS Mail Innovations® Priority". The last event was:

Edgewood, NY, United States, Package transferred to post office
Package Status: Transferred to Local Post Office for Delivery

Does this simply mean UPS handled the packaged from Collection to Edgewood, and now USPS will send it Air, or worse, SnailMail from Edgewood to the UK and will get picked up by Royal Mail, maybe being delivered anywhere from 7 days to 6 weeks?

Last time anything I ordered something from a seller on Ebay I got two tracking numbers but this doesn't seem the case this time:

World :something: (I can't remember what it said) tracking number for the US to UK
Then a Yodel tracking number for the UK

I got a phone call from the job agency telling me that I was unsuccessful with last week's job interview. Basically the good news was that the feedback was rather positive, the only negative outcome was that I did not have anything to show during my freetime in the past few months in regards to web programming, which some folks who they have interviewed did. Honestly I would have, but at the end of July I lost access to the University due to my account expiring and as such I couldn't do any web work in my freetime. It is possible to do PHP during my free-time but you need to pay for a domain and server.

A portfolio would probably resolve most of the requirements, but I simply just need to figure out how to set one up (a portfolio is basically a website featuring all of the stuff you worked on to help get a job).

fMpIq5B.gif
fMpIq5B.gif

I got a phone call from the job agency telling me that I was unsuccessful with last week's job interview. Basically the good news was that the feedback was rather positive, the only negative outcome was that I did not have anything to show during my freetime in the past few months in regards to web programming, which some folks who they have interviewed did. Honestly I would have, but at the end of July I lost access to the University due to my account expiring and as such I couldn't do any web work in my freetime. It is possible to do PHP during my free-time but you need to pay for a domain and server.

A portfolio would probably resolve most of the requirements, but I simply just need to figure out how to set one up (a portfolio is basically a website featuring all of the stuff you worked on to help get a job).

fMpIq5B.gif
fMpIq5B.gif
How could you not enjoy spending your free time web programming & scripting? The idea that you'd only do it for a job and not every waking hour of your day is insanity....now if you'll excuse me I've wasted precious moments typing this and must get back to programming in BASIC.

went to interview, interview went well "you've got the job!...but we've got another job that pays much more and I think you'd be better suited to that, you want it?" "ermmm I guess, I've never had anything good happen to me so i don't know how to process this, help this must be a trap, plz don't mess this up brain"

went to interview, interview went well "you've got the job!...but we've got another job that pays much more and I think you'd be better suited to that, you want it?" "ermmm I guess, I've never had anything good happen to me so i don't know how to process this, help this must be a trap, plz don't mess this up brain"
Did they actually tell you what the other job was? For all you know the job could involve sucking the bosses feet for a living.

Congratz? Not sure if you're happy about it or not tbh :p

Did they actually tell you what the other job was? For all you know the job could involve sucking the bosses feet for a living.
I mean mo money is mo money....

lol, fortunately they told me what the other job was and it did not involve any feet. I am happy, I just didn't expect it, I don't feel like I worked hard enough for it, you know? Like oh this fell in my lap, thanks I guess, I hope you don't expect anything in return for this. I feel like the balance is out of whack and something is going to happen in order to bring back balance. Basically I'm already dead.

From Thursday I'll probably be incommunicado as I'm flying out to Malta for my holiday. My hotel has wifi but I have no idea how good it is. I'll be back home on the 6th.

Back