UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Little Update for the visual (from France but it will be the same in UK) for Sword of the stranger :

bo6tO5N.png

Morebtempted to order Your Name Deluxe from Zavvi if the prices are the same as I don't have the money for it this month.

Very nice looking set I can't wait to own it.

Considering what was written in the home video FAQ regarding a UK 4K UHD release of Your Name, I'm really surprised NeoFilms in Hong Kong is able to put out an affordable Your Name 4K UHD Blu-ray with English subtitles. It will be released this month on the 28th and carries a MSRP of HK$329 (£32).

It's also worth noting that Your Name was finished in 2K, and that the 4K releases will be upscales. Even putting the financial side of things to one side, I'm not sure releasing an upscale as your first title in a new format would be the best course of action.

HDR is the main appeal of the "4k" version then, assuming it's done well.

Except that you can't magic up colour information that isn't there in the first place (as the interview linked admits), so it sounds like they just adjusted the brightness in places? It may or may not be done well and look nice, but I have my doubts that it would be worth the premium for the label releasing it and the consumer buying it.

Back