Scotland Loves Anime 2017 Edinburgh Line-up Revealed

N

NormanicGrav

Summer may be ending soon, but Scotland Loves Anime returns with another season of theatrical anime in Scotland. Here’s the Edinburgh line-up!

For those who are out of the loop, Scotland Loves Anime is split into two areas; Edinburgh and Glasgow. In these two towns they offer a mix of both anime and also sometimes a couple Japanese live-action films. They also offer a mystery film that folks don’t discover until they attend the screening, but for this line-up there won’t be one.

These films will be screening at the Edinburgh Filmhouse and you can book your tickets now!

Monday 16th October at 18:15 (6:15pm)

Your Name
Kimi no Na wa
Rated: 12
Audio: English
Released: 2016
Film page here

Tuesday 17th October at 18:00 (6:00pm)

A Silent Voice
Koe no Katachi
Released: 2016
Film page here

Wednesday 18th October at 20:45 (8:45pm)

Resident Evil: Degeneration
Biohazard: Degeneration
Rated: 15
Released: 2008
Film page here

Thursday 19th October at 20:30 (8:30pm)

Resident Evil: Vendetta
Biohazard: Vendetta
Rated: 15
Released: 2017
Film page here

Friday 20th October at 15:45 (3:45pm)

Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution Movie 1
Koukyoushihen: Eureka Seven – Hi-Evolution 1
Rated: TBC (Festival rating gives it a 15)
Audio: Japanese
Film page here

Friday 20th October at 18:15 (6:15pm)

Tokyo Godfathers
Released: 2003
Film page here

Friday 20th October at 20:45 (8:45pm)

The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome
Film page here

Saturday 21st October at 13:00 (1:00pm)

Venus Wars
Venus Senki
Rated: PG
Released: 1989
Film page here

Saturday 21st October at 15:30 (3:30pm)

Fireworks
Uchiage Hanabi, Shita kara Miru ka? Yoko kara Miru ka?
Film page here

Saturday 21st October at 18:00 (6:00pm)

Lu Over the Wall
Yoake Tsugeru Lu no Uta
Rated: TBC (Festival rating gives it a PG)
Film page here

Saturday 21st October at 20:30 (8:30pm)

Tokyo Ghoul (live-action)
Rated: TBC (Festival rating gives it a 18)
Film page here

Sunday 22nd October at 13:15 (1:15pm)

Kizumonogatari Part 3: Reiketsu
Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen
Rated: TBC (Festival rating gives it a 18)
Film page here

Sunday 22nd October at 15:30 (3:30pm)

Mind Game
Released: 2004
Film page here

Sunday 22nd October at 20:45 (8:45pm)

Osamu Tezuka’s Metropolis
Rated: PG
Released: 2001
Film page here

Stay tuned for the Glasgow line-up very soon.

Continue reading...

Not the best line-up this year (NGNL and the Fate movie missing, which would have been a major pull), but certainly some really good stuff. A part of me is glad that quite a lot of the line-up is hitting cinemas so I won't be missing the stuff I desperately wanted to see (like Night is Short). However, I wouldn't have minded seeing that Tokyo Ghoul live action either, so perhaps if I had a bit more free cash I'd have made a weekend trip...

@anime_andrew Going to be really cheeky here and ask what the chances of Kizu III making it to Leeds Film Festival are? I saw the first two there last year and really want to see that last part! :)

Didn't realize Your Name and A Silent Voice were the English dubs, less interested in seeing those now. It is a shame Fate isn't there, I'd loved to have seen it on the big screen. I also agree that it isn't the greatest line up but there's still things I'd like to see there.

Decent list, saw Your Name and A Silent Voice last year and don't plan to see them again but great for those that do, I'm checking out Fireworks, Lu and Walk on Girl when they screen near me, no rush, who knows maybe Ill catch them at LIFF if they screen there! The cinema push that we've been seeing as of late is great.

Way too far for me to travel for a cinematic trip but I hope everyone who attends has a great time. Some potentially awesome stuff showing.

Not the best line-up this year (NGNL and the Fate movie missing, which would have been a major pull), but certainly some really good stuff. A part of me is glad that quite a lot of the line-up is hitting cinemas so I won't be missing the stuff I desperately wanted to see (like Night is Short). However, I wouldn't have minded seeing that Tokyo Ghoul live action either, so perhaps if I had a bit more free cash I'd have made a weekend trip...

@anime_andrew Going to be really cheeky here and ask what the chances of Kizu III making it to Leeds Film Festival are? I saw the first two there last year and really want to see that last part! :)

NGNL - Approached the Licensor - may yet pop into Edinburgh but it's getting close and we asked a long time back and have followed it up vigorously.

Fate (for the million people asking): Aniplex are doing it in November so won't have a subbed asset until then, I will look at doing a special screening in Edinburgh and Glasgow then but can't magic something up faster than that. So if you were hoping for it, you were on a wild goose chase to start I am afraid!

Re Kizu - Unlikely I am afraid, my rights run out shortly on theatrical.

Best,

AP

If you do manage to get things sorted out for a Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel - prestige flower showing, I'd really appreciate it if England could get some love (or just Cambridge if I can be selfish :p). Unfortunately, travel to Scotland is just too expensive for me.

Speaking of which, what do you suppose the chances of an MCM Loves Anime return might be (not in regards to just Fate or even this year obviously, but in general)? I really loved that event.

For anyone interested i'll be at about 9 films during the festival. I won't be going to the films on monday/wednesday and also missing out(at the moment) with Mind Game and Tokyo Ghoul Live action, but i will be at everything else at the moment, unless things change. Shall wait and see.

Oh man, oh man, oh man! Mind Game on the big screen is definitely the highlight here; has it ever been shown theatrically in the country before?

Back