What manga are you reading now?

Servamp Vol. 10 - well worth reading for the final bonus chapter alone if you're a Servamp fan. We're all caught up with Japan now as Volume 11 has yet to be released.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Volume 4 - The amount of boob references in this volume are gonna make @Teapot cry. It's far from the pure levels of the anime...

Tokyo Ghoul Volume 14 (Complete) - This volume leaves me conflicted feelings about continuing into Re: because I felt like it had a good stopping point until that final page!

So I'm guessing the idea is that Ken's body is being reused as an officer to fight ghouls and he isn't actually the Ken we knew and loved?I could see this opening up some really cool possibilities for the stories but it equally leaves it room to become really confusing and bog itself down with too many details.

I guess I'm finding it tough to work out if I liked Tokyo Ghoul for being Tokyo Ghoul or if I just continued it because I really liked the MC. I'll have to do some soul searching before October as Re: is a huge rabbit hole to jump into given its 12 volumes and not even finished in Japan yet...

Yotsuba!-Volumes 1-3

I've owned the first 3 volumes of this for a little while but I've only just gotten around to reading it and wow, do I regret leaving it so long. I. Love. This. Manga. It's like the ultimate feelgood experience. I just spend the entire time with this giant grin on my face. Seeing the Yotsuba, a young girl who has moved to the city for the first time with her Dad, explore and learn about the world is incredibly cute and endearing, and her mischievous antics and boundless enthusiasm often left me in stitches. The art style is fairly simple but at the same time very distinct, especially the facial expressions of Yotsuba herself. I'm not sure if it's because it pinpoints things I love to a tee, but this manga is just perfection. If you are feeling down or sad, this is almost certainly the cure, as I'm almost certain it could lift anyone's spirits. I am a little late on this one, 13 volumes are already out in English, but I'd recommend this to just about anyone.

First Love Monster Vol. 7 (Not entirely sure why I'm still reading this strange series but it sure is pretty to look at.)
Elegant Apartment Yokai Life Vol. 1 (available in digital only) - very close to the anime (only I think this came first - after the light novels - so...) but enjoyable for readers (like me) who enjoy folklore/everyday life tales.

Back