Your viewing journal

Haibane Renmei ep 1-6. Mysterious and compelling. I had forgotten how bad the picture quality was on these old DVDs, so fuzzy.

Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu ep 7. This is rapidly beginning to feel like watching a gameplay stream, it needs more story.

Love & Lies ep 7. I'm really not a fan of this art style.
The PQ on Haibane Renmei is awful, I had better quality VHS tapes, shame as it's such a beautiful show.

Dragon Ball-Episodes 61 and 62

I'm actually pretty hyped for the showdown between Goku and that hitman guy. He seems absurdly powerful compared to the villains we've seen up to now, yet I don't think those three days Goku spent with Korrin looked like they improved his abilities all that much. I'm certain Goku wins, because of course, but I'm curious how exactly.

Black Butler-Episodes 8-10

These episodes were less than stellar. I'm guessing I've hit the filler stuff because it's getting decidedly meh.

Aho Girl-Episode 8

New Game-Episode 7

Wasn't expecting any new girls to turn up. Must say, Momo seems like a total bitch, but the other girl seems nice.

Jessica Jones episodes 1-2

Little Witch Academia
episodes 18-25 (Complete. This was another great anime by Trigger. The series has that charm and quality that only they provide, with zany and often meme-worthy facial expressions and so many in-jokes. The slice of life first half gives way to the plot around episode 12-13. This put some people off but I liked the episodic format with some overarching plot placed in. The climax towards the end was very well done, managing to be less OOT as GL or KLK but Packed a real emotional punch, and the villain dynamic was experimented here.
"Chariot's actions being arguably worse than Croix' plan, but with her actions being driven by naive trust and this being Her downfall. How this factors into her helping Akko and redeeming herself is very well implemented. "

Also
How did another Trigger show end up in space for its conclusion? Not complaining mind you :D

My issues with the show is that some of the episodes in the first Half weren't all that good, but the latter half was a solid run. Akko herself is also one at times, as she can be very annoying to deal, especially how she just runs into situations without thinking. However, her determination to succeed and dedication to helping others endears her as a character, and seeing her progression and how she faces
her idol being the reason she has such low magic ability
and bounces back from it.

I'm hoping for a second season since there's definitely room for one, make it happen Trigger, please?!) 4/5

Chronos Ruler ep 6.

Haibane Renmei ep 7-10. This is just the kind of melancholy and mysterious story I like. It reminds me of both Sound of the Sky and From the New World, two of my favourite anime.

Knight's & Magic ep 8.

Sagrada Reset ep 20. The story isn't so bad now, though the characters are still as wooden as Noah's Ark.

Parasyte - watched it about a year ago dubbed, but coming to the end of watching it subbed. Sometimes a lot gets lost in the translation and it can feel like a totally different story. Not so in this case to be honest.
KINIMOZA - about five episodes in to the series so far off the back of IncendiaryLemon's avatar. Accents are interesting but it's enjoyable.

Your Name. (IMAX, sub)
Third time I've seen this film. There's still one scene that's confusing to me, when in the first scene Mitsuha (or is it Taki?) grabs her boobs, her sister finds her and then looks shocked when looking in the mirror. But then in the next scene and on the way to school people comment that she's back to normal. So was the first scene one day (and is was Taki) then after that it was the next day?

Also I noticed a joke a little later where Mitsuha as Taki uses watashi instead of the masculine word, I didn't really notice this the first time I saw the sub, so wasn't looking out for it when I saw the dub. Obviously it doesn't really translate to English as we all use I whether male or female. I'll have to watch the dub again now!

Last edited:
Your Name
2nd time seeing it after seeing it last December, still just as good as the first time I saw it. Looking forward to watching the dub next week and see how that compares with the sub.

Watched Dai-Guard Episodes 1 - 9 and the Love Hina Spring Special Tonight

24lh2Xx.jpg

kbktKS2.jpg

Space Runaway Ideon - Episodes 36 - 39 [Final]

And so Ideon screeches to a very abrupt and unsatisfactory end, it isn't really a surprise that it got cancelled the TV series has some moments in it but the I can clearly see why people would switch off in the later part of the show. Movies next...

Fastest Finger First ep 8.

Haibane Renmei ep 11-13 (complete). Many unanswered questions left behind, but I don't mind as it adds to the wonderfully mysterious feel this series has. Watching the interview in the DVD extras, it seems that the creator of HR was also involved in Lain, so guess what I'll be watching next :D .

Restaurant to Another World ep 8. Mermaid fanservice.

Watching the interview in the DVD extras, it seems that the creator of HR was also involved in Lain, so guess what I'll be watching next :D .
If you're itching for more ABe stuff after Lain, he was also involved in Niea_7 and Texhnolyze. The former is a comfy SoL show I haven't seen yet, but hear good things about. The latter he was involved only in art-related roles, but has similarities to the other works in that a lot of stuff is unanswered/obfuscated/left to your own interpretation. It's also nihilistic as hell.

Back