[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Ugh, don't release the LE after getting all of the early adopters to pay for the regular edition, Sentai. That's a really good way of maiming your sales in future. And somehow Jerome's jerkiness over Sakamoto continues to screw me over even when I'm avoiding the Manga release, since I have no idea what the music is like and whether it justifies that ridiculous LE. I'm thinking it probably does not, so I'm going to go for the standard BD. The standard for Squid Girl as well, I think.

R

They have season 2 of Squid Girl!?!......oh I so hope it gets released in the UK since I have the UK DVD release of season 1 and was disappointed season 2 originally never got released in the West at all

DHX9J7cXcAAErgJ.jpg

The November 2017 line-up for Funimation is here. Most of the titles were unveiled at Otakon but there are some surprises.

I was quite tempted by Funi's LE of Your Name but $85!, that's really overpriced. Hopefully AL can do a similar set as well as the steelbook.

Rosario + Vampire and The Future Diary are definite buys though, annoying that Redial OVA isn't getting a separate release for those that already have the first release.

The November 2017 line-up for Funimation is here. Most of the titles were unveiled at Otakon but there are some surprises.
Jesus, what is that font they've used for Your Name? Is that like an official thing or what as it looks bloody awful.

I'll most likely pick up Genocidal Organ as I heard that it's actually quite good (unlike the others....) and I'd rather not have the steelcase thingy the UK release will have. I'll also probably get IBO but not sure which version to go with as I assume the LE is going to be expensive (does anyone have this in the UK?).

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see what the sets look like. I might sell my Viz sets depending on reviews. Would like to see the series get a UK release too.

Can't see it tbh. Sailor Moon nearly sunk MVM many years ago and I think distributors may now be wary of it.
There's also all the costs of getting everything rated by the BBFC which is going to be a lot (remember that the patlabor TV series wasn't released over here because of all the costs involved in getting all the episodes rated).

There's also all the costs of getting everything rated by the BBFC which is going to be a lot (remember that the patlabor TV series wasn't released over here because of all the costs involved in getting all the episodes rated).

Going by the titles on the BBFC website, The first 2 series (or about ~90 episodes) have already been rated by the BBFC when MVM released them, so if MVM or anyone else wanted to pick it up, they wouldn't have to rerate I don't think. There is a new dub, so I'm unsure how that would change things, but there is definitely a rating for a good chunk of episodes already. I think those 2 series would be enough to gage interest in releasing the rest of the franchise.

Back