Wow HD Discussion Thread

I ordered Shakugan No Shana - S Ova Series on ebay from them but its under £15. So I am unable to confirm if they charge import fees. I sent them an email but they did not respond.

The only way to definitely avoid import fees is for the item to be re-shipped from within the UK like WOWHD does, when you receive Shakugan you should be able to tell if it's been re-shipped in the UK.

I'd keep this thread relating to Wow HD and Wow HD related matters if possible, perhaps creating a new thread for Aus retailers would be a good idea? ;)

Good idea.

For reference though, Nile packages from eBay typically ship from New Zealand. I've never been caught by Customs but I don't remember them being reshipped, they may mark the value down though.

Maybe a forum to list companies that don't charge import fees?

Edit. Then how about listing ones that have been confirmed by us. If you are then charged, they would then be removed from the list.

Last edited:
I had a delivery arrive from WOWHD today. Interestingly it came via DHL. No customs declaration on it so I can only assume it was still sent from the UK.

It was an expensive one so I can only assume they ship stuff over a certain value via methods other than royal mail.

The When they Cry sets amongst other Sentai Blus are back in stock so hopefully people will start having their back orders sent out soon.

I had a delivery arrive from WOWHD today. Interestingly it came via DHL. No customs declaration on it so I can only assume it was still sent from the UK.

It was an expensive one so I can only assume they ship stuff over a certain value via methods other than royal mail.
So I'm guessing that I'll be expecting a knock on the door from DHL soon with my copy of the gate LE (also I just checked my order on wowhd and it has a DHL tracking number, so that pretty much confirms that it's being sent by them).

Got my first order from Wowhd today. No customs, only has royal mail post labels on it.

Not over keen on the use of cardboard mailers. Yeah they do the job and are ok for standard case releases' but for anything else they aren't great.

So now that the When They Cry Kai blu-rays are apparently in stock again, I get a mail cancelling my order, stating they're out of stock. Dammit, I had it locked in at £26, too...

I emailed them about When They Cry Kai and said how I was annoyed that they sent me a cancellation but now they've got it in stock, I asked if they could tell me why I was sent a cancellation email even though they've got in now, there reply was "We appreciate your candor and constructive criticism rest assured it has been duly noted. There are other options out there please check out our competition.www.amazon.com www.bestbuy.com www.ebay.com " little bit shocked they would send that, I wasn't nasty in the email or anything, I don't know if I will bother using them again now.

It was the same message they sent me when I had issues opening an account for the first time.
They then sent me the same message again when I asked how long does a back order take to get stock back in.

Well, my package turned up a few hours ago and it wasn't delivered by DHL.....

It was delivered by Yodel...

I think I'd rather pay the extra cost through UP1USA for larger items rather then take the shipping lottery that wowhd provides.

Well, my package turned up a few hours ago and it wasn't delivered by DHL.....

It was delivered by Yodel...

I think I'd rather pay the extra cost through UP1USA for larger items rather then take the shipping lottery that wowhd provides.

Makes me feel slightly better going with UP1USA all this time despite possible savings.

I do wonder what is happening with my test WOWHD order though. All I ever got was an order placed e-mail, I'm not sure if they've posted it or not and their website doesn't say what the status of my order is :|

Makes me feel slightly better going with UP1USA all this time despite possible savings.

I do wonder what is happening with my test WOWHD order though. All I ever got was an order placed e-mail, I'm not sure if they've posted it or not and their website doesn't say what the status of my order is :|
They should send an email when they ship it, so it might be that they didn't have any stock or ran out of stock before they got to your order so I would suggest either checking the item to see if it's listed on backorder and if it is showing as in stock you should shoot them a message enquiring about the status of the order.

Back