The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Anybody who has the AL UK release of Anthem of the Heart - Does it in any way contain the cover image of the German release?
The Anthem of the Heart [Blu-ray]: Amazon.de: Tatsuyuk Nagai: DVD & Blu-ray

It's kind of my favorite image, but the German cover is like blown with labels and self advertising and an unboxing video of the UK one didn't seem to have it, but then it wasn't having the most detailed look on the booklet either.

Just had a look through the booklet and that cover image isn't in it unfortunately.

Anybody who has the AL UK release of Anthem of the Heart - Does it in any way contain the cover image of the German release?
The Anthem of the Heart [Blu-ray]: Amazon.de: Tatsuyuk Nagai: DVD & Blu-ray

It's kind of my favorite image, but the German cover is like blown with labels and self advertising and an unboxing video of the UK one didn't seem to have it, but then it wasn't having the most detailed look on the booklet either.

Korea got a lenticular special edition with that cover image and does include english subtitles (not the best ones) if u wanted another option

What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Hm, not the biggest fan of lenticulars, but it certainly has the image in more clean. What is the price class fpr Anime in Korea? And from where do you best get stuff?

Nova Media and KimchiDVD are the only places I've any experience with importing from Korea. Both were fine for the small handful of Korean orders I've made. Others might know of other places to import from.

As for Anthem specifically, I'd maybe steer clear if you'll be relying on the English subtitles. That release has an issue where whenever there's multiple people speaking/signs plus dialogue/song lyrics plus dialogue happening at the some time, one of them (usually dialogue) won't be displayed. As such, there are entire scenes of dialogue towards the end of the film left without subtitles, because only the lyrics to the song playing in the background are being displayed.

EDIT: The version with that lenticular cover also seems to be OOP now.

Last edited:
I don't really depend on subs. The Japanese was out of question due to weird format and the Aniplex USA one looks worse than the AL one, so that was also out. But if it's gone anyway I guess I'll settle with one of the two releases.
Incidentially, how does your Korean one look from the inside? Looks like a digipack, some fancy artwork there on display? ^^

Incidentially, how does your Korean one look from the inside? Looks like a digipack, some fancy artwork there on display? ^^
It's a single-disc Scanavo case and a couple of booklets inside a nice thick slipbox. Here's a bunch more photos I just took for you:

1iv8Ncn.jpg

kc8kVjh.jpg

e3YhZPy.jpg

QaSOyHg.jpg

SwoC6zK.jpg

The Guidebook appears to be images of various scene from the movie with accompanying text. The Special Booklet has, what appears to be a text interview followed by character art, background art and storyboards.

Kum4GH5.jpg

xZLNUB5.jpg

SsDe4SD.jpg

YVSDH2q.jpg

Physically, it's a really nice release, but the subtitle issues left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

BILLY - IKEA

BILLY Bookcase White 80x28x202 cm - IKEA

If you have the space this would be my recommendation^. They are very sturdy, very easy to put together and the shelves don't bend since they are deep. With two extra shelves added you can store around 750+ DVDs single layer in just one unit.

Seconded, this one is pretty damn good, you can get two rows of Blus in each shelf if desired. There's a smaller version too, which I plan to get for my room soon.

Back