UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The museum near me removed their 15/70 protector, so disappointed!

The horn in Inception is just Non Je ne Regrette Rien slowed down, so at least it's use was creative and in-theme with the film as opposed to the trend that followed of "fog horns are cool, chuck 'em in the trailer!" :p
The horn wasn't used in the film only the trailers. As you said what was used in the film was Je ne Regrette Rien.

As one person mentioned earlier, the Xbox One S (the small model that came out last year) does have Ultra HD Blu-ray playback support. Sure the PlayStation 4 Pro doesn't (because apparently Sony felt it would affect the sales of their UHD players) but there's rumours of another PlayStation console (probably PS5) in a few years time.

Honestly Your Name's Ultra HD Blu-ray has the possibility of not looking too great in 4K, but I do think it might grab the interest of the Ultra HD collectors if you guys do manage to release it. Same goes for Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt since it's a compilation film. Of course as you say the figures is five-digits, but it's worth revisiting in the next two years.

It's something when the user base grows we can re-examine but as far as I know even the USA isn't committing to 4K BD on it - which is telling about the install base in English territories so far.

Not something I am writing off forever, I just think it's worth coming back to later as you say so let's see what happens for now I'd say :). I stress I am not saying we will never ever do it for Your Name, just not in the next 12 months+ :).

AP

Worth noting, we had it as 2020 still, Amazon changed the date to this year on it's own for the October date (so can safely say that was never a thing).

Best,

AP

Hmm it costs 35 with film and soundtrack, should be the amazon one.

Wasn't expecting Steelbook, thought it would be like the other AL releases. Unless is some Zaavi exclusive, wouldn't surprise me.

May as well confirm now but won't mimic the Japanese steelbook there :). We'll post packshots when we're cleared to do it (I'd guess it'll be around the theatrical time).

Hmm it costs 35 with film and soundtrack, should be the amazon one.

Wasn't expecting Steelbook, thought it would be like the other AL releases. Unless is some Zaavi exclusive, wouldn't surprise me.

It's not a Zavvi exclusive steelbook :). If an exclusive pops up we'll be sure to say though.

Best,

AP

I'm sure anything Your Name related will be beautiful, not even the biggest fan of the JP one to be honest.

Let's see if it can beat my favorite steelbook I own (persona 5) tho ;)

May as well confirm now but won't mimic the Japanese steelbook there :). We'll post packshots when we're cleared to do it (I'd guess it'll be around the theatrical time).

It's not a Zavvi exclusive steelbook :). If an exclusive pops up we'll be sure to say though.

Best,

AP

So just to clarify, the one on Zavvi and the one on Amazon are the same set?

Assumptions are a dangerous thing...

AP
Well I'd be pretty happy to eat crow on this one should it hit a price I'm willing to pay for it, wait and see I guess.

The japanese CE artcase is just plain white :/ A little dull for my taste.
Consider me boring then as I love the clean look of the Japanese CE....

If the collectors edition is a steelbook i hope they do another set with a rigid artbox as i don't like steelbooks and i'd like to get a artbook and soundtrack.
I don't mind steelbooks, but I'd certainly prefer the usual CE treatment.

id be happy with a Steelbook, they suite films quite well. I'd just like to know if the version on Amazon is the same as the one on Zavvi.

I really hope the steelbook is an exclusive product and not the only option for a collector's version. If so I'll have to wait and see about the additional features, as I'd honestly be happier going with a standard amaray case. That would be an incredibly disappointing outcome, but I survived with Gankutsuou, so eh.

Last edited:
I mean, I only really need one copy myself and rigid artbox is my preference but I'd take a steelbook too. Tbh I'll probably buy whatever the highest tier of set they release unless it's a UE as I dislike the form factor on those....

You can breathe easy then, no UE for now as not enough materials IMO :(. Will definitely revisit one day though.

AP

I really hope the steelbook is an exclusive product and not the only option for a collector's version. If so I'll have to wait and see about the additional features, as I'd honestly be happier going with a standard amaray case. That would be an incredibly disappointing outcome, but I survived with Gankutsuou, so eh.

Ultimately, whatever I do, I will not make everybody happy, end of story there alas :).

We'll be talking more about our releases in the coming month though so stay tuned, got a theatrical to survive first ;).

Best.

AP

Back