The great Best Girl debate

I think I'd prefer Kyon over Haruhi in the sense that we've both had the urge to hit her once or twice...

As for my best gril:
I'll take Winry Rockbell from the FMA franchise, since she's skilled and capable, but also gets through a lot of hardships, also she was one of my original anime girls and it's just kind of stuck.
IMG_0727.PNG
This is honestly kind of a strange concept to think about for me, human emotions are a hard enough concept for me to cope with let alone those for fictitious creations, but alas FMA shines through once again to show me the way, thank you Hiromu Arakawa!

IMG_5254.JPG 1- Marika (nisekoi)
2- Kurisu (Steins;gate)
3- Iroha (Oregairu)
4- Kyou (clannad)
5- Chelsea (Akame ga kill!)

lovely.

(Most of the girls I like having red/orange hair is a coincidence.. if you know those characters they have similar personality traits)

Attachments

• IMG_5255.JPG
    IMG_5255.JPG
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 4
There was some thread self-promotion in the receives thread and I spot no Kagura. Time to change that.
tumblr_n50sh82LEi1qjgupuo2_500.gif

Still SO hoping that the main timeline will go long enough to have her become this georgeous adult.

I tried gintama twice, first try only watched the first couple eps..

2nd was last year, about 13/14... and while it had some positives(some jokes), it wasn't going anywhere so I dropped it.

Considering the popularity I assume it gets better, but how long do I have to "suffer" until it gets good..and this is coming from someone who really liked the everyday school life arc of reborn!, and also a fan of Sket dance.

My first go went 2 volumes. My second until episode 11/12. my third had a random volume with a flashback of beheaded heads on display, which got a clear inkling of darker part to the serious. (That episode 17 or so in the Anime. Also Takasugi's first appearance.) My fourth was the first movie (extended remake of the Benizakura Arc). On the fifth I simply sat through it, because I saw some very nice AMVs. I remember disctinctly that the first episode that really left an impression was episode 25 (the hot pot episode), out of the sheer straight face idiocy that's even beyond anything before that. But somehow it also had some truth to it. (I like hot pot myself and also pry for my favorite parts in it.) The first one to have by brow being raised in surprise was episode 27, because they actually pulled an onscreen death in one of those happy-end looking episodic stories of the non-flashback timeline. Some more rollercoaster followed. By Benizakura Arc (~episode 58 That's the arc most people go jump the train, which is why it's also one of the most popular ones) I found it pretty decent to solid with occasional dips into "let's not really think too over that...". I got floored with the Yoshiwara Arc (episode 139-146), watching that (with it's OMG KAGURA moment) voicided with the release first trailer for the second movie was out. I totally fell in love with adult Kagura from it (above gif) just from that trailer. And then she went on to be regularly awesome in the TV series, so that's that. (Plus sun umbrella ftw.)

Well, let's just say the serious parts get more and more screentime as the show progesses. Famous arc starting with episode 300 makes a cut and than it's serious main plot all the time.
You could look into these amv:
【N.ec鱼丸】银魂—每个人都是同自己战斗一生的英雄_MAD·AMV_动画_bilibili_哔哩哔哩
【魂】银魂——武士之魂サムライハート(Some Like It Hot!!)_MAD·AMV_动画_bilibili_哔哩哔哩
That's what helped me on the fifth try. If you don't mind main-plot-spoilerish AMVs Ainio on Youtube has some more pretty nice ones.

Last edited:
You spot no Kagura since Gintama is trash :3

Oh shots have been fired. Luna may forgive you, but I certainly won't. Bring it on! Your various waifus shall tremble in fear at my retribution.

Disclaimer: I am being somewhat facetious (or am I?), but I ain't taking any of your sass outside of the controvertial opinion thread boy! This thread is a battleground, and I shall howl my victory on the fields of Ragnarok! My righteous indignation shall reverberate through time and space, and you shall rue the day you uttered your salacious remark in these hallowed halls!

Last edited:
When you go through 5 pages and dont see two of the most popular females in anime...

Saber - Fate Franchise

Gasai Yuno - Mirai Nikki

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

haven't gone through all the pages just noticed this but, a best girl topic that's only 5 pages? c'mon AUKN wheres the 300+ other pages? the vitriol? the basic drawings of bins representing one's best girl?

@Neil.T

She's very nice for a beach queen release, her face is spot on. And the overall pose and style doesn't feel cheap.

Haru from nisekoi, for a better comparison, got a garbage looking figure. I looked her up cause she's top 3 (the 2nd never got a figure) to me and I was a massive nisekoi fan at that time (ending was awful), and looked really bad to me.

I'm too shocked at the Gintama bashing to participate further. From a lalafell, no less.

Kagura is a queen. Gintama probably has the best-written female characters in the whole of shounen manga/anime.

R

OK let's have a (legit) stab at this...My choice for the Great Best Girl debate is...Aoi Miyamori

e35d2467cdf55dc381e8f316be9afee69f776fb3_hq.jpg

Aoi herself has fought off a lot of very strong competition from the same series to take this spot, Why She Wins Out I hear you Ask?..Here's Why!

1. Dedicated, Hardworking, Humble.
-Throughout the series Aoi shows she is dedicated to her profession and works hard to improve even though at times she claims she isn't up to it or lacks experience. She is willing to show hardwork and perservence and is also rather humble about it too!

aoi2.bmp

2. Willing to Help out her Colleagues.
-As evidenced in Pictures below, Aoi is always there to give a helping hand to others whenever needed.

ac9a5e0827a0309329b9958461bc74c41418317847_full.jpg

-In this scene, Aoi is providing help to the Sound Engineering team. RAWR!!!

kIACFWM_d.jpg

-Here alongside Diesel-chan, Aoi is providing inspiration for Ema's Sour-faced drawings.

SHIROBAKO.full.1849257.jpg

-Not actual series picture, but a piece of Key/Promo Art, Aoi here is showing she'll even get into costume to help out her colleagues!

3. Great Fashion Sense
-Aoi of course goes without saying has the Physical Traits that make her a very appealing character, but perhaps an even more so than that is that Aoi has a great wardrobe throughout the series, her clothes she wears really make her stand out from other characters in the series, this is truly a girl who knows how to accessorise!

3DtnClg.jpg

4. The Lass of 1004 Faces
-To be considered for Best Girl, the character must be able to show a wide gamut of facial expressions, and Aoi certainly delivers that in Spades!

B9qSsETIIAIdt2Q.jpg

5. Pretty Human
-Aoi's character in the series feels rather realistic, Aoi isn't the perfect character, She has her Strengths and her Weaknesses, what those are I won't mention as part of the joy of watching Shirobako is in following Aoi's progression throughout the series.

ff0626855e3c224eeb74c36c2179ae76.jpg

6. She Likes Lifes Simple Pleasures.
-She's just one of those characters who likes the simple things in life to help her unwind such as a good meal, the company of friends and a good Drink!

shirobako_post1_6.jpg

...and of Course She has a strong Passion for Donuts.

Miyamori-Aoi-donuts.jpg

So there you have it, those are the reasons why I choose Aoi Miyamori, she is essentially a character who's journey throughout reflects a lot of what myself at least and possibly others have been through from the laughter to tears and how she positions and sees herself in the workplace and the world.

UFWWqmp.jpg

She's very nice for a beach queen release, her face is spot on. And the overall pose and style doesn't feel cheap.

I certainly agree that out of the Beach Queen release for Marika is probably the best reproduction of that character, some of the others in the line such as the Chitoge or the Onodera's probably don't stand up quite as well.

The best figure I've seen of Marika has to be one in the link just below from Revolve, absolutely top notch figure, and even if Marika isn't at the top of my list for Nisekoi Best Girl, that would be my top choice of figure, it's unfortunately a bit out of my budget and I don't really have anywhere to store figures.

Nisekoi: - Tachibana Marika - 1/7 (Revolve)

I certainly agree that out of the Beach Queen release for Marika is probably the best reproduction of that character, some of the others in the line such as the Chitoge or the Onodera's probably don't stand up quite as well.

The best figure I've seen of Marika has to be one in the link just below from Revolve, absolutely top notch figure, and even if Marika isn't at the top of my list for Nisekoi Best Girl, that would be my top choice of figure, it's unfortunately a bit out of my budget and I don't really have anywhere to store figures.

Nisekoi: - Tachibana Marika - 1/7 (Revolve)

I agree, but it's out of my budget.. by a good amount.

If I ever find her used (I hate used figures but it's a possibility here), for like half price or so, I will definitely grab her.

Back