The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

20th Century Boys Volumes 1-22 bundle from eBay.

Can't wait to finally check out this series, heard nothing but great things. :)

Mega manga binge in Newcastle today.

Kamisama Kiss v24

Don't Be Cruel+

Everyone's Getting Married v05

After Hours v01

Blue Exorcist v17

Bloody Mary v07

Assassination Classroom v16

So Cute It Hurts v13

Haikyuu v11

Short version in a picture:
colour_infographic.jpg

Here's an article explaining it. HDR TV: What is it? How can you get it?

HDR only works when it's specifically supported though right? HDR won't transform all media will it?

I've been wondering whether or not to get a 4KTV for awhile. Major sticking points for me are the size of the TVs as I don't want anything bigger than 32 inches, and yes while this makes 4K less noticable at that size I just don't like huge TVs at all, never have. 32 inches seems huge to me. But since I'm a stickler for what is a small size TV these days (which as a 80s/90s kid sounds insane to say) I might just wait on OLED to get affordable as that from what I understand is the real game changer for TVs.

Maybe I should just go to a TV store and see HDR in the flesh.

HDR only works when it's specifically supported though right? HDR won't transform all media will it?

I've been wondering whether or not to get a 4KTV for awhile. Major sticking points for me are the size of the TVs as I don't want anything bigger than 32 inches, and yes while this makes 4K less noticable at that size I just don't like huge TVs at all, never have. 32 inches seems huge to me. But since I'm a stickler for what is a small size TV these days (which as a 80s/90s kid sounds insane to say) I might just wait on OLED to get affordable as that from what I understand is the real game changer for TVs.

Maybe I should just go to a TV store and see HDR in the flesh.
Yeah, it only works with content that was actually made for it. It won't do anything for the content that you already have that was made before it became a thing.

Yeah, it only works with content that was actually made for it. It won't do anything for the content that you already have that was made before it became a thing.

So I was right, thanks for the confirmation. Further reason to just wait I think. I mean I do have a PS4 Pro but I'm not that desperate to use HDR and 4K to get it just for that. I only got the Pro because it was my first PS4 so it was just a future proof purchase.

A decent wage, an anime sale, and free international shipping with no tax. A deadly combination.

From WOWHD:

• Engaged to the Unidentified (BD)
  • Hidamari Sketch Honeycomb (BD, Pre-order)
  • Hunter x Hunter Volume 1 (BD)
  • Hunter x Hunter Volume 2 (BD)
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1 (BD, Pre-order)
  • Listen to Me Girls, I Am Your Father (BD)
  • Sabagebu Survival Game Club (BD)
  • When They Cry Rei (BD)

Your Name (3 Disc Limited Edition) from Amazon JP

A combination of my weak willpower and the sheer amount of lovely looking unboxings and the cool looking film reel bookmarks led to me caving in and buying this. £60 is a fair whack for one film, but I paid more than that for Kinmoza Pretty Days, which was an hour long and lacked subtitles, so I don't feel so bad. I was close to the £85 version, but I have no 4K BD player and I'm pretty sure my TV doesn't do HDR meaning I probably wouldn't see a massive difference anyway.

Worth a buy at 30? Noticed dodax as this for 15 but after the mess up with some of the recent cheap Blu rays don't really trust them and it's only 7 episodes

I also ordered ERASED at £30.

Worth a buy at 30? Noticed dodax as this for 15 but after the mess up with some of the recent cheap Blu rays don't really trust them and it's only 7 episodes
I mean it's a great show, debatable if it's worth it at £30 for the first 6 Episodes and then whatever Part 2 costs (especially when the second half of the show is nowhere near as good as the first half imo).

Back