Your viewing journal

Eden of the East: Air Communication (Japanese audio) - Film

This is a compilation of the TV series but also adds some mini details about certain things from the main characters commentating over the events. It's 2 hours long and only in Japanese but it's a good recap nonetheless.

My hero Academia episode 29

Doctor Who: The talons of Weng Chiang episodes 1-6

Dead or Alive (film)

Is this a Zombie?
episodes 8-12 (Complete. A fun little series with decent action and some funny moments, as well as some surprisingly heartfelt scenes. This one was better than I expected it to be.) 3.5/5

Is this a Zombie of the Dead?
episodes 1-2 (Dropped. I'll save this for the next time I alphabetically go through my backlog)

Last edited:
Takamiya Nasuno Desu!, Episodes 1 - 12 [Rewatched]

Fastest Finger First, Episode 3

Netsuzou Trap -NTR-, Episode 3

Clean Freak! Aoyama kun, Episode 3

Tsuredure Children, Episode 3

MAGICAL CIRCLE GURU-GURU, Episode 2

The Anthem of the Heart
Great film, was really blown away. Reading the synopsis, it sounded like the most improbably and illogical situation, but the actual flow of events made it surprisingly plausible.
A bit melodramatic at times and somewhat predictable, but not to the extent that it limited my enjoyment.

Only negative is that it did leave me feeling a little sad at the end :(

Knight's & Magic - Episode 3

Street Fighter II The Movie (Blu-ray)

Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer

Watched again before I review on the podcast.

Yesterday:

My Hero Academia Season 2-Episode 16
Dragon Ball-Episodes 4-6
AKB0048: Next Stage-Episodes 5-9
Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu-Episode 4

Today:

Dragon Ball-Episodes 7-10

I'm really enjoying all of Bulma's outfit changes. Its pretty cool how they have continuity and always have a good reason to change.

AKB0048: Next Stage-Episodes 10-13 (Complete)

This sequel didn't fix any of the issues I had with S1. The entertainment ban's origin was never explained, so the whole premise of both seasons seems a little flimsy and the ending wasn't really satisfying and kind of rushed. Oh well, still a pretty decent show nonetheless.

Princess Principal-Episode 3

Still the best show this season in my humble opinion, the animation, music and characters are all really on point.

Code Geass season 2 (complete) - Well that was quite a ride. Overall I found the series very enjoyable but not without its flaws. The series and both seasons are very well written, the twist and turns constantly have you guessing what will happen next. It would have been quite an experience viewing it as a simulcast.

The animation was top notch as expected of Sunrise though im not a huge fan of the Shoujo-esq character designs and took a bit of getting used to. Lelouch is a hard character to like at times but I think that's intentional making him somewhat of an anti-hero.

The series does suffer at times from melodrama and is just plan cheesy as times with every emotion and action cranked up to 10. It wasn't the easiest show to marathon for some reason (I am consumed with Nier Automata at the moment so I can somewhat blame that).

If anyone's thinking of watching it Id do my best to avoid spoilers as the show is much better when you don't know whats going to happen. Im not sure how they will follow this but i'm looking forward to season three. Overall its not a personal favorite but its a very good well written show with great mecha fights. the series is an 8/10 overall

Doctor Who: Earthshock episodes 1-4

Dead or Alive 2: Birds
(film)

Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? episodes 1-6

Last edited:
Katsugeki Touken Ranbu ep 1-3. Not bad considering it's based on an obscure game. The characters are decent, if a bit formulaic, and the action scenes are well done. It's pretty too, because ufotable.

Vatican Miracle Examiners ep 2-3. Credibility is being stretched thin here, but it's an interesting mystery if nothing else.

This sequel didn't fix any of the issues I had with S1. The entertainment ban's origin was never explained, so the whole premise of both seasons seems a little flimsy and the ending wasn't really satisfying and kind of rushed. Oh well, still a pretty decent show nonetheless.
It's been quite a while since I watched AKB0048, but wasn't at one point stated that the entertainment ban was there to boost productivity at work(?). It was Nagisa's father who found research/reports pointing to the opposite.

In any case, I do agree that the show should have explained it more. If I recall it correctly there was even an instance where DES attacked a concert on a planet where there wasn't even a (total) entertainment ban in place. Also, the assassination of Chieri's father left me quite puzzled. What was the meaning of that?

Back