UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Apparently there will be a Deluxe Edition for Your Name which hasn't listed yet with a 100 page booklet and the soundtrack. The CE is getting either the soundtrack or the booklet which hasn't been decided yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Deluxe is something we're mulling right now at least, we will be translating the book so want to make use of it as you can imagine.

Collectors as advertised will be the film on BD, on DVD and with the OST.

Best,

AP

I rather get the soundtrack personally...

I mean I heard some podcast where they said it was included in the CE.

As I say - the Collector's at £34.99 SRP (£19.99 on HMV and Amazon atm, which is an amazing price I'd say) you get the film on BD and DVD and you get the OST :).

Probably worth saying that if we list a product with something definitively like the OST, we're not going to suddenly bait and switch on that without some insanely good reason!

AP

As I say - the Collector's at £34.99 SRP (£19.99 on HMV and Amazon atm, which is an amazing price I'd say) you get the film on BD and DVD and you get the OST :).

Probably worth saying that if we list a product with something definitively like the OST, we're not going to suddenly bait and switch on that without some insanely good reason!

AP

Amazing price for sure, I have it pre ordered since early April.

Yeah, a bit of miscommunication there. My bad.

AP
Which soundtrack disc will you be using anyway? English lyric songs or Japanese lyric songs?

I'll likely be buying both the CE and the Deluxe regardless, and I have the soundtrack three times already, so I'm just curious.

The Deluxe is something we're mulling right now at least, we will be translating the book so want to make use of it as you can imagine.

Collectors as advertised will be the film on BD, on DVD and with the OST.

Best,

AP
I'd be interested in the Deluxe edition if the book is not going to be in the CE.

While there would be some people interested, I doubt the 4K market is big enough to support a release from a boutique label yet (or ever?). There's a reason none of them have dipped their toes in, even Criterion and Arrow who are routinely performing 4K restorations.

Interestingly, a few people (casual filmgoers, not anyone who would be browsing a forum like this) have complained to me recently that they've not been able to get a copy of Your Name despite it being in cinemas ages ago. Obviously nothing AL can do about this, but I think it'll be a great success if they can get it into supermarkets and the like. Word of mouth has done it well.

Now...how much longer do Manga have their DVD-only grip on 5cm per second? (Still his best film as far as I'm concerned)

Really looking forward to Momotaro and the Genius Parties. Hope to see some pack shots and hear more details soon!

Do you guys think that it'll take Anime Ltd 4 months to release part 2 of Season 2 of Assassination Classroom like it did with Season 1? Cause if there's a high risk of that happening, I might just import the US part 2 release (or the AU release that is coming in august) and shove it in the Season 2 CE.

Last edited:
So Part 1 of ERASED is seriously coming out with a SRP of £59.99? Mental price for 6 episodes, even more so when the set just looks like a bog standard Anime Limited CE but with far less episodes. Oh well it is what it is, I won't be supporting it at anywhere near that price and it will have to come down to sub £30 for me to change my mind.

After canceling my order for the Japanese Your Name CE I'll pick up your release, shame you didn't get access to as much as you wanted for it though.

Last edited:
So Part 1 of ERASED is seriously coming out with a SRP of £59.99? Mental price for 6 episodes, even more so when the set just looks like a bog standard Anime Limited CE but with far less episodes. Oh well it is what it is, I won't be supporting it at anywhere near that price and it will have to come down to sub £30 for me to change my mind.

After canceling my order for the Japanese Your Name CE I'll pick up your release, shame you didn't get access to as much as you wanted for it though.

As much as it doesn't really make up for it, I do believe they've promised an Early Bird.

I just realised that my wallet will hurt in Q4 with Your Name, A Silent Voice, Death Parade UE and Eureka 7 UE probably coming out.

Going by standard market prices. Getting ERASED for £60 is fairy treap lol.
This much is true though i wouldnt say cheap. I got one punch for 35, elfen lied steelbook for the same and ive usually been getting things that may be a few years old but they are practically bargains. £60 for a fairly recent series is pretty standard

Going by standard market prices. Getting ERASED for £60 is fairy treap lol.

Its only really cheap when you compare it to Aniplex sets. No doubt some will be fine paying £60 for a 12 episode show, im not one of them.
This really is on the high limit of what I will pay for a series. yes its a great series, yes its a nice box and im sure the booklet is fantastic but im not comfortable paying these kind of prices.

Im sure if it were possible Anime Limited would release the whole series (which is what should happen) but we have Aniplex to thank for that. There really isn't another release you can compare it to in the UK (possibly Nisekoi season 2) in terms of episodes & price. I'm not even sure an early bird will be enough to tempt me. Its more the fact I have to fork out another £25-£30 later in the year that's the issue for me.

Back