The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

The cult hit series .hack is coming back with a HD Remaster of the G.U. Trilogy.

The collection (consists of Vol. 1//Rebirth, Vol. 2//Reminisce, and Vol. 3//Redemption) will be heading to PlayStation 4 and PC.

The development is currently 80% complete.

Updated visuals
  • 1080p and 60 frames per second
  • High-resolution movies
  • High-detail backgrounds and user interface, etc.
Game system evolutions
  • Retry feature added
  • Movement speed increased
  • Auto mode (play with your strongest levels and equipment)
  • Maximum items you can possess has been increased to 90
  • Item menu shortcuts and sort features
  • Feature to use the same item over and over
  • Empty equipment slots are easier to understand
  • Maximum Chim Spheres and Virus Cores you can possess has increased to 999
  • New recovery method “leisurely break” added to the platform, available from the early stages
  • You can choose between Saku and Bo in the party
  • Decreased the probability of allies selling the items you give them
  • Improvements made in Vol. 2 and Vol. 3 have been applied to Vol. 1
  • Attack power has been increased and hit stops during attacks have been reduced to speed up the battle tempo
  • Learning weapons proficiency increased and acquired experience points increased
  • You can skip Awakening scenes
  • Some tough enemies have been made a bit easier
  • Keith’s general shot bullet speed has increased
  • Added suspend feature during Avatar battle gameplay
  • In Vol. 3, changed it to make it possible to do the marriage events with all characters that can become your ally, without having to redo them
Additional Elements
  • The videos from “The End of the World” Terminal Disc included with the original PS2 release of Vol. 1 are included in the collection
  • There is a Haseo with an unfamiliar face…
Interview Tidbits
  • 2017 is the 15th anniversary since the release of .hack and the 10th anniversary since the release of G.U., as well as the year G.U. is set. In order to commemorate that, we thought to reboot the series.
  • This is a remaster rather than a new work because we want introduce the younger generation to .hack since it has been so long.
  • As for the new elements, you will be able to meet a “Haseo” you “don’t know.”
  • Since it’s the 15th anniversary of .hack, there are also other projects moving along.

Source: Gematsu/Famitsu

The third game is on the expensive side so this is good news. Hopefully it sells well enough that they do the other two too.

The cult hit series .hack is coming back with a HD Remaster of the G.U. Trilogy.

The collection (consists of Vol. 1//Rebirth, Vol. 2//Reminisce, and Vol. 3//Redemption) will be heading to PlayStation 4 and PC.

The development is currently 80% complete.

Source: Gematsu/Famitsu

Bandai Namco has confirmed it will be coming to the west late 2017 for PS4 (physical and digital ) and PC via Steam

Didn't actually know that there were action RPG hack games. I didn't look too closely at first so i thought these were going to be the first three hack games but apparently not. I'm still interested and who knows.....maybe they do the traditional ones at somepoint.

Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon will be released in the West this October for PS4, Nintendo Switch and Steam.

Really happy to see it has a release date at last. I enjoyed the first game a lot so will definitely pick this up. So many good games coming out in October :3

Edit: Comes out 27th October

Last edited:
Toy Story joins the Kingdom Hearts III world.

In fact Woody & Buzz were originally going to be part of the previous games as Summons but they never made the final cut.

In addition there's now a 2018 release date.

Last edited:
Outta no where Acys has announced a new Tag style fighting game called Blazblue Cross Tag Battle at EVO, teaser below...

RWBY may be complete garbage, but Ruby Rose looks pretty badass (although that voice ;_; )Anyway, looks pretty cool and it's a fighting game so I'll probably pick it up.

Also shown was Arkias new game....

And FINALLY Jubei comes to Blazblue (He was the only one of the Six Heroes not playable...)

I dunno how many people on here actually care about fighting games, but thought I'd share it none the less.

Last edited:
Always been a big fan of BlazBlue, but man, that cross tag thing, I feel like we've reached peak anime.
It is pretty ridiculous, but if it has cool characters that's good enough for me, but then I buy most fighting games to at least try them anyway. That said we haven't hit the peak til I get my Jump All Stars 2.5D fighting game >_> Kinda hope the new DBZ game does well that they consider it tbh, even if it's extremely unlikely. Speaking of the new DBZ game, Trunks trailer dropped for that too....

This game looks so clean it's nuts.

Just a note that the Arcana Heart Love Max 6 Stars kickstarter is ending tomorrow.

It's already hit it's funding goal, but it's a pretty rad 2-d fighter with a lot of unique concepts that I've had a lot of fun with playing previous iterations, OST is also that "silly in the best possible way for fighting games" kind of deal. If you can get past the aesthetic anyway (or maybe that's your thing, I dunno...).

So there's the Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb!!! stream going on right now and these two pages have just went up.....

Persona3 Dancing Moon Night & Persona5 Dancing Star Night 2018 Spring!

So a new dancing game, well two new dancing games because why not.... PS4 and Vita

Also Persona Q2 for the 3DS

Persona Q2 Please Wait for Next Information!

Can't say I'll pick any these up tbh but hey, they're a thing.

Weird event (I mean right now there's someone dressed as Haru ballet dancing to the Our Beginning from P5...) but my god the music ;_;

Can't say I'm really excited about any of these announcements. I never even finished the first PQ game, I wasn't a huge fan of the puzzles in the dungeons, and what I've heard from P4 DAN's OST sounds abysmal, ruining one of my all time favourite soundtracks. If either of these games allows you to play the non-remixed versions, I'd be down for them, but if they continue to force awful remixed bastardizations of great songs down our throats, they can do one, frankly.

Yeah my feelings pretty much align with yours Lemon, these do nothing for me really.

Trailers.

Persona 3 Dancing Moon Light

Persona 5 Dancing Star Night

Persona Q 2 didn't really have a trailer, just "hey this is being made, more info later" kinda thing.

Just before they played Memories of You to close the show (okay wasn't the end, still doing music which I'm totally okay with) they showed a Persona 3 clip and I was so excited as I thought they were announcing a remake/remaster, but it was nothing ;__; gutted man.

Last edited:
In for all Persona spin off games, anything with more Makoto and Mitsuru is a plus for me. Hoping they use some of the P3P songs as I love the soundtrack on the FeMC side. Can't wait to see what songs they give Makoto. I haven't completed Q yet, but I can't wait to see what they do in the sequel

Back