Your viewing journal

Up to episode 17 of Full Metal Panic. What was with that batch of side stories slotted in between? They weren't bad episodes, just felt out of place.
Up to episode 13 of Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water. This show is soooo good! Some concern over later episodes as I've heard some other studio/director took over and screwed up the story/characters? & those episodes are all skip-able?
Watched Belladonna of Sadness. It was good, not super super great but good. I expected the story to be more ..convoluted given the "art" reputation but it really wasn't which was a nice surprise.

Aho Girl
Episode 1 - Hadn't planned to watch, switched the episode on while finding something to watch while eating not expecting much ... it was hilarious, perfect amount of chemistry between the two leads. Picked up to watch, 100%.
Welcome to the Ballroom Episode 1 - Some minor changes here & there yet nothing to complain about. Great first episode, absolutely love Sengoku & you should too. The character designs are spot on, the manga's creepy smiles & long necks is what I wanted. Great OP.
Hero Academia S2 Episode 14 - I want an OVA focusing on the new ED story. Gran Torino is anime form is even more adorable.
Centaur no Nayami Episode 1 - Did not expect that world building, bit dark really. Loved the evolution explanation, nice touch. Otherwise, I don't know what to think of the show..it's cute though, I've heard good things about the manga so very hopeful.
Restaurant to Another World Episode 1 & 2 - Had no plans to pick this up, didn't interest me but my bf spotted it on Crunchy & wow, was I stupid! Beautiful healing anime, one of my favorites of the season so far.
Katsugeki Touken Ranbu Episodes 1 & 2 - So much bait! I'm fully in & loving what the show's giving me. Beautiful characters, art, music and the story's actually interesting. Now, how much will this show end up costing me? :S
Cleanliness Boy! Aoyama-kun Episode 1 & 2 - I want more of Abs guy, way funnier than I expected ..partially due to the character having Dio's voice, heh heh. Hopefully the show stays consistent as I find these type of shows can feel like a chore to me sometimes. Great fun so far though!
Made in Abyss Episode 1 - WOW. Best first episode so far. Everything was perfect, everything.
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 14 - That new ED, ha! Nice slow episode that gave some nice character development. Still going strong!
Yami Shibai S5 Episodes 1 & 2 - Legit creepy shorts.

Last edited:
Up to episode 17 of Full Metal Panic. What was with that batch of side stories slotted in between? They weren't bad episodes, just felt out of place.
Up to episode 13 of Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water. This show is soooo good! Some concern over later episodes as I've heard some other studio/director took over and screwed up the story/characters? & those episodes are all skip-able?
Watched Belladonna of Sadness. It was good, not super super great but good. I expected the story to be more ..convoluted given the "art" reputation but it really wasn't which was a nice surprise.

Aho Girl
Episode 1 - Hadn't planned to watch, switched the episode on while finding something to watch while eating not expecting much ... it was hilarious, perfect amount of chemistry between the two leads. Picked up to watch, 100%.
Welcome to the Ballroom Episode 1 - Some minor changes here & there yet nothing to complain about. Great first episode, absolutely love Sengoku & you should too. The character designs are spot on, the manga's creepy smiles & long necks is what I wanted. Great OP.
Hero Academia S2 Episode 14 - I want an OVA focusing on the new ED story. Gran Torino is anime form is even more adorable.
Centaur no Nayami Episode 1 - Did not expect that world building, bit dark really. Loved the evolution explanation, nice touch. Otherwise, I don't know what to think of the show..it's cute though, I've heard good things about the manga so very hopeful.
Restaurant to Another World Episode 1 & 2 - Had no plans to pick this up, didn't interest me but my bf spotted it on Crunchy & wow, was I stupid! Beautiful healing anime, one of my favorites of the season so far.
Katsugeki Touken Ranbu Episodes 1 & 2 - So much bait! I'm fully in & loving what the show's giving me. Beautiful characters, art, music and the story's actually interesting. Now, how much will this show end up costing me? :S
Cleanliness Boy! Aoyama-kun Episode 1 & 2 - I want more of Abs guy, way funnier than I expected ..partially due to the character having Dio's voice, heh heh. Hopefully the show stays consistent as I find these type of shows can feel like a chore to me sometimes. Great fun so far though!
Made in Abyss Episode 1 - WOW. Best first episode so far. Everything was perfect, everything.
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 14 - That new ED, ha! Nice slow episode that gave some nice character development. Still going strong!
Yami Shibai S5 Episodes 1 & 2 - Legit creepy shorts.
Yes there's a bunch of episodes in Nadia that can be skipped since they bring the story to a grinding halt. Skipping the filler arcs Here's a discussion about said episodes and some recommendations on which ones to skip.

Yes there's a bunch of episodes in Nadia that can be skipped since they bring the story to a grinding halt. Skipping the filler arcs Here's a discussion about said episodes and some recommendations on which ones to skip.

We actually did a simulwatch thread for Nadia around two years ago, in which the filler episodes were much discussed, along with everything else. Funnily enough, JTurner, who wrote the op post for that MAL thread, also joined for this one:
Simulwatch - Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water [final ep - 39]

Oo, you stars. Thank you! :D

Waiting in the Summer (Complete)
I watched this because some of the people behind Anthem of the Heart were behind it and it sounded similar, but with a movie instead of a musical.
It turned out that it had more comedic moments and the relationships were more complicated. Also
the main female character is an alien so there's a sci-fi twist to it as well. The last episode went a bit bonkers with the MIB stuff (you could tell Lemon-Senpai knew more than she was letting on), but I suppose they helped with the happy ending. Although I hoped that Kaito and Kanna would get together after Ichika left (if she had stayed away), but only because it would free up Tetsurou for Mio who was the first one to have the guts to confess.
Overall I would say I enjoyed it very much.

Last edited:
Twin Peaks: The Return episode 9

Hidamari Sketch episodes 1-12 (Complete. This was a nice little slice-of-life series. I'll watch the other seasons once I have Honeycomb) 3.5/5

Hunter x Hunter
episodes 1-3

Yesterday:
A Certain Magical Index II-Episodes 17-20
Aho Girl-Episode 2
New Game!!-Episode 1
AKB0048-Episodes 1 and 2

Today:
A Certain Magical Index II-Episodes 21-24 (Complete)

Whilst this series was pretty good, I'd be lying if I said I didn't tink the formula isn't getting kinda stale. Every arc is pretty much just 'Religious organisation wants to take over/destroy Academy City'. I remember S1 having a bit more variety than this. The general pacing in the middle here was pretty atrocious too, I definitely think this could've done with being a little shorter. Oh well, I enjoyed Railgun more anyway, and I hear Railgun S is great.

AKB0048-Episodes 3-5

I certainly have some opinions on this show, but I'll save that for when I finish it to see if I change my mind any.

NTR: Netsuzou Trap-Episode 2

Wait...was tha...WAS THAT SOME PLOT? WAS THAT ACTUALLY SOMETHING HAPPENING RIGHT NOW? So much for 12 episodes of pure smut!

Welcome to the Ballroom ep1

I likely wouldn't have paid much attention to this, had one of my friends not said how much he enjoyed the manga, but it was a pleasant surprise, being somewhat livelier than I'd expected from the subject matter. The spikey art style works well to accentuate the dancers' movement and, amusingly, the character dynamic has something of the super robot show about it.

Also, having been a feeling a bit low when I sat down to watch this, it genuinely made me feel better, which is nice.

Aho Girl Episode 2 - I must remember not to eat while watching this show.
New Game Season 2 Episode 1 - Did the animation always look so good? & you know, if that 10 second scene isn't in CR's "Animation of the week" or whatever it's called they're wrong, regardless of what you think of fanservice, that was fluid.
My first Girlfriend is a Gal Episode 1 - Welp. I didn't expect that. Gave this girl the blushes :oops:

AHO-GIRL, Episode 2

The combination of Stomach Bug on Tuesday, Going back into Work on Wednesday and then Going to a Football match Wednesday evening has meant that Anime watching has been restricted these past few days.

Berserk (2016) (Eps 1-6) - So I've been putting this series off for a while now. I'm a huge fan of the Berserk manga and the 1997 Anime adaptation, but I couldn't seem to come to terms with the direction the series seem to take with the animation choice. I have no issues with CGI animation.... if it's done well. This on the other hand is a far cry from the type of Bersek anime I've been craving for; for so many years... but then again... badly animated Beserk is better than no animated Berserk.... Isn't it? Anyway, as expected I haven't been blown away by the series so far and I can't help but feel it's not very friendly towards anyone who's new to the franchise. You definitely need to have seen or read Berserk before watching this, otherwise the story is just... whaaa? On the other hand I would be lying if I didn't say that it's been slowly growing on me. Either way, I'll be watching until the end.

Since the last time i posted here i have watched

No Game No Life - Ep 1-3
Magimoji Rurumo - Ep 1
Knight's & Magic - Ep 2
Angel's 3Piece! - Ep 1
In Another World with my Smartphone - Ep 1
Recently, My Sister is Unusual - Ep 1
Restaurant to Another World - Ep 2
Netsuzou Trap -NTR- - Ep 2
Nora, Princess, and Stray Cat - Ep 1 (Short)
The Irresponsible Galaxy Tylor - Ep 1 (Short)
Gamers! - Ep 1
18if - Ep 1
My First Girlfriend is a Gal - Ep 1

Back