What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Getting there...
vsMm1yS.jpg

Wireless keyboard and mouse set that will be used with the dellasarus for the time being but will either end up being used on the system that is connected to the TV in the future or another computer.

image.jpg
Received this from Amazon. Set came with the shrink wrap partially worn and signs of wear so they just refunded me the £30. Looks like the Arrow sale started early for me.

35072963663_8cb52cf0a2_b.jpg

Two out of the three Amazon Prime Day things I bought. As someone who gets a lot of loose discs via reviewing anime, I've wanted a massive disc binder for ages now, after constantly buying cheap ones that barely hold anything, and now I have, with this beast that holds 400 discs. I have put all the discs from my old binders into this new one and I have only filled a quarter of it! Hopefully this lasts for a while. The other thing is an Anker SoundCore speaker. I wanted something to use for the shower, and before I bought this I was constantly moving my incredibly old iPod dock into the bathroom, which was a nightmare because it needed to be plugged into the mains, plus I needed to use an aux cable. This is both Bluetooth and battery powered, so it's much easier, sound is great too, probably better than what I was using.

I opened up one of the spare Ghibli slips I had and scanned that into the PC so it could be used as a template. Then I scanned the standard Nausicaa sleeve. Using a combination of the two scans and quite a few hours editing in photoshop I produced the artwork for the Nausicaa slip. I then took the file to my local high street printers and they printed it onto a silk 200gsm card. I then cut out the artwork using a scalpel. The trickiest part was folding it correctly. What I did was place the existing slip next to the flat Nausicaa slip and using a ruler mark the position of the folds. I scored the back of the slip so it would then fold easily without creasing. I'd left a flap at one end of the slip and using double sided tape stuck it together.
How much does that cost to have it printed?
Did you ever by chance tried your hand on making your own chipbox? Have been looking into that, but having those printed seems to be pretty expensive.

Back