What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

View attachment 870
From the same seller. The cases on these are really weird, thought they were bootlegs.
View attachment 871
View attachment 872
Seriously what is up with These cases?. Oh well the discs are fine at least.
So I re-looked over these sets I got recently, can anyone who owns these sets verify if their Blu Ray discs look like these or not?
IMG_0849.JPG
The top two are from season one, the bottom two are from New. None of them match up, though I've tested them and they seem fine, yet I can't be sure if they're legit copies or well made bootlegs. It's quite the oddity. Many thanks for any response.

Last edited:
I'm certainly no expert, but those look like how I'd imagine burned BD-Rs to look.

How is the slipcover? The part on the back where Funimation cut out where the barcode is: if the corners aren't rounded, it's almost certainly a bootleg.

I'm certainly no expert, but those look like how I'd imagine burned BD-Rs to look.

How is the slipcover? The part on the back where Funimation cut out where the barcode is: if the corners aren't rounded, it's almost certainly a bootleg.
They're square not rounded. Me thinks these are well made fakes, looks like I need to contact eBay. Thankfully they only cost me £22 otherwise I'd be more annoyed. Thanks for the tip
Edit: messaged the seller and got fully refunded on both items.

Last edited:
35303283340_7b7ed3639e_b.jpg

By God this is giant.

I'd have to disagree since with your image, you can't see the data area on the disc where with the images that @HWR has posted the data area is clearly visible so I'm on the side of them being very well made fakes.
Indeed which is probably why the seller just refunded me. Tried to say it's because they're US Blu rays but I wasn't about to fall for that schtick. Beware of buying any cheap new High School DxD sets for now...

I meant "copy" as in duplicate, a bootleg would typically use the source material without attempting to disguise the origin (Authentic product of Malaysia, Anime FX etc) What HWR got sent was an attempt to replicate the FUNimation release which it appeared to do with the exception of the burnt rather than pressed discs hence "decent copy" rather than "obvious fake"

I meant "copy" as in duplicate, a bootleg would typically use the source material without attempting to disguise the origin (Authentic product of Malaysia, Anime FX etc) What HWR got sent was an attempt to replicate the FUNimation release which it appeared to do with the exception of the burnt rather than pressed discs hence "decent copy" rather than "obvious fake"
I understood what you meant and totally agree, it's a high quality bootleg, with all the special features and everything.

Back