Your viewing journal

Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Phantom Arc - Episodes 5 & 6 [Final]

Chirico's story comes to an end, not as good a sequel as Shining Heresy but a decent enough story that closes out the saga.

Atom: The Beginning - Episode 8

Gurren Lagann (episodes 1–4)

I've been wanting to see this for years, and now I've got Anime Limited's CE I can!

The show looks great in HD.

I was unsure about Gurren Lagann but Lewis convinced me to watch it so I bought AL's Blu-ray collection and I absolutely loved it, and yes, it certainly looks great in HD.

Yesterday:

Persona 3 The Movie 3: Falling Down

Easily the weakest of the films, it just didn't have a lot of substance in it. After the first 10 minutes, nothing of much significance happened until the last 20, and it really beat you over the head with the message to a rather absurd degree.

Today:

Persona 3 The Movie 4: Winter of Rebirth

This one was probably tied with the second film for my favourite, it had a really amazing sense of atmosphere, created by the wonderful snowy visuals and the superb soundtrack, and of course the ending, which did choke me up, especially when Memories of You kicked in.

Haikyuu: Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa-Episodes 3-7

Man, Tendo looks like he's in the wrong show or something, guy is legit creepy as hell.

Sakura Quest-Episode 12

Attack on Titan: Junior High eps 10-12 (Complete)

While it was enjoyable I'm glad I didn't blind buy it when the early bird was on as it's not one I'd re-watch or even recommend unless you're a die hard AoT fan.

Karneval, up to episode 9 on this. Good god has style over held more true for a show. The story is a mess. MC wants dick, characters come and go like a revolving door.

3 to go, then jojo can finally begin!

Alice & Zouroku ep 11.

Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation s3 ep 24. I'm expecting a season 4 announcement soon, as there's no way this tournament can be wrapped up in the last episode.

Psychic School Wars (rewatch)

I hadn't seen this since it was shown at my local independent cinema one week after its world premier at Scotland Loves Anime 2012!

Wow, I'd forgotten just how much of a mess the story is! :p
I guess that's what happens when the director tries to make a film with the intention that every moment of every scene should be... profound. It looks absolutely great, though. Although even the visuals are massively over the top!

In fact, I wonder how many cherry blossom petals appear on screen during the run time? One... two... too many...

In spite of its flaws, though, I still like it. Not bad for 58p, eh? :D

Psychic School Wars (rewatch)

I hadn't seen this since it was shown at my local independent cinema one week after its world premier at Scotland Loves Anime 2012!

Wow, I'd forgotten just how much of a mess the story is! :p
I guess that's what happens when the director tries to make a film with the intention that every moment of every scene should be... profound. It looks absolutely great, though. Although even the visuals are massively over the top!

In fact, I wonder how many cherry blossom petals appear on screen during the run time? One... two... too many...

In spite of its flaws, though, I still like it. Not bad for 58p, eh? :D
Watched it the other night, and my thoughts pretty much mirror your own. The story is kind of all over the place, though I'd be interested in if that's a fault of the anime adaptation, or the source material. It's adapted from a sci-fi novel from the 70s, and the author seems to be fairly well regarded.

If nothing else, it certainly looks amazing though. Was getting a lot of Shinkai vibes throughout watching it.

Watched it the other night, and my thoughts pretty much mirror your own. The story is kind of all over the place, though I'd be interested in if that's a fault of the anime adaptation, or the source material. It's adapted from a sci-fi novel from the 70s, and the author seems to be fairly well regarded.

If nothing else, it certainly looks amazing though. Was getting a lot of Shinkai vibes throughout watching it.

Don't forget the gratuitous use of lens flares in every singe shot......even at night!

Hinako Note-Episode 12 (Complete)

A cute show with lovable characters, I could certainly go for a second season, although it almost certainly won't happen.

Berserk (2017)-Episode 12 (Complete)

A slightly weird note to end on, and a pretty weak episode at that. That ambiguous title card at the end, coupled with the less than positive reception to both seasons, makes me think this will be the last we'll see of this incarnation of Berserk, which is a shame really. What we really need to do before someone else inevitably takes a crack at it is wait until the manga finishes and give it to literally any other anime studio but Liden Films.

Haikyuu!!: Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa
-Episodes 8-10 (Complete)

Feeling rather bittersweet now I've caught up as I'm desperate to see more! I guess I now join everyone else in waiting for Season 4.

Gundam: Reconguista in G-Episodes 1-3

I know this is the infamously terrible Gundam, that even the writer and director has written off as garbage, but after watching these first three episodes, I just don't see what I'm supposed to hate. It's possible I just haven't gotten to the terrible bit yet, but so far I'm rather enjoying this. Out of the small handful of Gundam series I've seen, this is the first not to adhere to the tried and tested formula that I was finding kinda stale, which is definitely a plus in my book, and the animation and music both seem pretty great. Characters are on the bland side, but it's still early days. So yeah, not sure what there is to hate, maybe I'll hate it by the end, but I shall remain optimistic!

Berserk 2017 episode 12 (Complete. I enjoyed this more than last season, and even with the sometimes iffy animation (an improvement in a lot of places to 2016s broadcast versions mind you) I just love the story of Berserk, it's truly one of the best mangas and I'll take what I can get, (shame it's on hiatus again :oops::rolleyes:) I look forward to seeing the (hopefully) improved versions of the episodes when the series gets its Blu Ray releases like 2016 did. The last episode was somewhat of a weak one to end on which is my main criticism story-wise . Bring on Berserk 2018!) 4/5

The Bird with the Crystal Plumage
(film)

Golgo 13
episodes 14-15

Miami Vice episodes 15-16

Coincidence I swear ;)

Back