Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

I just realised I'd totally forgotten this company exists. I see they have decent episode count on this release, how's their quality these days as iirc they promised JP levels and didn't deliver.
Can't say what their quality is these days as i only have the oversized Yuki Yuna release from them, and would need to check the BD's in that set. There were indeed some reports that PQ wise the sets were not on JP levels and there was also an audio problem with their first Sound Euphonium set.

Not sure how Kuromukuro will be.
With the exception of Denkigai (which I've heard uses the JP materials), Justin does all their video encoding. Some titles like Rokka suffer from his old colour problem though, and if Jigen's Gravestone is anything to go by (which was awful, awful, awful) - could potentially look pretty rough. That's definitely been fixed for Euph onwards as I've seen the screenshots that were floating around.

In regards to video encoding, having actually seen two different titles released by Pony Canyon Japan (A Silent Voice and Sound Euphonium 2), it doesn't look like their work is as good as Aniplex's. They look fine, but both titles suffer from noticeable banding and noise, especially A Silent Voice which was done at 27mbps vs the 37mbps encode for Euph (BD limit is ~48mbps and audio accounts for nearly 20mbps of ASV's bandwidth due to having two 5.1 PCM audio tracks @6.9mbps alongside three DTS-HD tracks).

Last edited:
FR : all the Anime
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Ultimate edition

-S1 + S2 + Movies (The laughing Man - Individual Eleven)
-Digifile
-12 Blu-ray
-Booklet.
-150€

YDHtZzH.jpg

FR : Kaze
5 Shorts from Production IG.

-1 Blu-Ray
-Digibook

CB1VZb3.jpg

JP : Toho
Your Name.

Collector edition :
-5 discs (4 Blu-Ray + 1 UHD Blu-Ray)
-100pg Booklet
-Newly Drawn digipack
GRpi51B.jpg
Special edition :

- 3Blu-Ray
- 100pg booklet

WIZW6JG.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty tempted by that Your Name CE, but looks like it'll be around £115 which is a bit mental for a film....still.
I have it preordered. Not sure I'd be able to justify that much for a movie were it not for the inclusion of English subtitles and an audio track that may not be included in the the UK release.

FR : all the Anime
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Ultimate edition

-S1 + S2 + Movies (The laughing Man - Individual Eleven)
-Digifile
-12 Blu-ray
-Booklet.
-150€

YDHtZzH.jpg

FR : Kaze
5 Shorts from Production IG.

-1 Blu-Ray
-Digibook

CB1VZb3.jpg

JP : Toho
Your Name.

Collector edition :
-5 discs (4 Blu-Ray + 1 UHD Blu-Ray)
-100pg Booklet
-Newly Drawn digipack
GRpi51B.jpg
Special edition :

- 3Blu-Ray
- 100pg booklet

WIZW6JG.jpg
Please tell me we are getting the same ghost in the shell stand alone complex box set in the uk as France.

Why buy the better looking Anime Limited CE of Gurren Lagann when you can have a crap looking box with no extra content for 3 times the price.

Oh right it comes with that all important Aniplex logo that instantly inflates the price by 70%. Get you wallets out folks...

Why buy the better looking Anime Limited CE of Gurren Lagann when you can have a crap looking box with no extra content for 3 times the price.

Oh right it comes with that all important Aniplex logo that instantly inflates the price by 70%. Get you wallets out folks...
*5 times the prices.

Do you have a bigger picture of the back flap Robbl ? Funny thing is that the French release is listed on Amazon FR but it's currently unavailable, which is odd as i think the German and French release are actually the same, and i guess Peppermint just does the distribution in Germany why i carefully determine because of the Dybex logo on the spine.

Do you have a bigger picture of the back flap Robbl ? Funny thing is that the French release is listed on Amazon FR but it's currently unavailable, which is odd as i think the German and French release are actually the same, and i guess Peppermint just does the distribution in Germany why i carefully determine because of the Dybex logo on the spine.
They're the same. There's lossless Japanese, French and lossy German audio on the German discs according to the updated OFDb.de entry.

The French set is supposed to go on sale later this week on the Dybex webshop at the temporarily reduced price of €69.99. Price will go back up at the end of July according to the timer on the Dybex webshop.

No artwork listed yet, but I've noticed that Hunter x Hunter set 3 has been listed for pre-order with Wowhd [not yet announced by Viz or Rightsuff] Hunter X Hunter Set 3 (Standard Edition) Boxed Set, 4PC on WOW HD. Interestingly it's listed as a 4pc set, so perhaps they are moving to 26 episodes for the same RRP? This could be sets 1 and 2 combined into a single set, or episodes 27-53.

If it's the latter, it would be a good move and would explain the delay between the last release. It would mean the series would be released in 6 sets, meaning the total cost for the series would be about £150.

I found this today, and was so happy but sad at the same time.

Slayers, and Slayers Next Blu-ray box sets are being released in Spain.

Spain : Selecta Vision - Slayers Blu-ray Box Set
19402067_1441904409229746_2579934226659250243_o.jpg

(The purple set at the top right is Slayers season 1)

Contains :

Digipack to hold 3 BD50 Discs
50 page Booklet

Spanish 2.0 DTS HD Audio
Japanese 2.0 DTS HD Audio
Spanish Subtitles

Here is a video comparison of the quality difference

I'm really tempted to order, and then put either my own subtitles, or attach the english track from my DVD sets to this release.

I found this today, and was so happy but sad at the same time.

Slayers, and Slayers Next Blu-ray box sets are being released in Spain.

Spain : Selecta Vision - Slayers Blu-ray Box Set
19402067_1441904409229746_2579934226659250243_o.jpg

(The purple set at the top right is Slayers season 1)

Contains :

Digipack to hold 3 BD50 Discs
50 page Booklet

Spanish 2.0 DTS HD Audio
Japanese 2.0 DTS HD Audio
Spanish Subtitles

Here is a video comparison of the quality difference

I'm really tempted to order, and then put either my own subtitles, or attach the english track from my DVD sets to this release.

That is definitely an upscale by the way, just incase you weren't aware. Only the Movies and OVAs have had proper HD transfers so far.

Back