UK Anime Distributor Universal Pictures Discussion Thread

@NormanicGrav Bakuon!! Is a rather random prediction

lF7rSjTl.png

Jokes aside, Bakuon!! had an interesting following during its simulcast. I know a fair few on this forum enjoyed the show and considering Sentai Filmworks are just about to release the show this August I reckon Universal could give it the same treatment as Starmyu. Same can go for Netoge no Yome since it has a similar following but probably not enough for a really nice Universal set compared to Berserk and Drifters.

On the topic of Higurashi I honestly do want to know who has the license in the end. I would like to think Universal but for reason I'm convinced it's actually with Animatsu instead. Grisaia would be great to see be with Universal but it also feels like an MVM title.

Unboxing of the My Hero Academia set. Looks like the box is slightly wider due to the UK sized Blu Ray cases, though I could be wrong. Looks nice though!

Unboxing of the My Hero Academia set. Looks like the box is slightly wider due to the UK sized Blu Ray cases, though I could be wrong. Looks nice though!

Keep up the good work! Your " under the covers" videos are great and always the first unboxings on YouTube, many days prior to release :)

Box is indeed a bit wider than the US version, also why there's bleeding on the top and bottom as can be seen in the video, probably due to the fact that the exact same artwork is used as the US edition.

Today's MCM Comic Con announcements. Thanks to @NormanicGrav for listing them
  • And You Thought There Is Never a Girl Online? [TV] - New license, Blu-ray & DVD Collector's Editions set for 25th September
  • Bakuon!! [TV] - New license, Blu-ray & DVD sets (slipcase & artcards) for 28th August
  • Berserk 2016 [TV] - Blu-ray & DVD Collector's Editions set for 4th December
  • Drifters [TV] - Blu-ray & DVD Collector's Editions set for 26th December
  • The Heroic Legend of Arslan [TV] - Standard Edition Complete Series set due 25th September
  • The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Dust Storm Dance [TV] - Blu-ray & DVD Collector's Editions set for 25th September
  • Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-[TV] - Standard Edition Complete Series set due 25th September
  • Seven Mortal Sins [TV] - New license
  • STARMYU Season 1 [TV] - Blu-ray & DVD sets (slipcase & artcards) for 28th August
All of these are titles I'd like to get, especially Arslan DSD and Berserk 2016

Last edited:
I was hoping to pre order Netoge but it's not even listen yet which makes me question it it will appear on it's release date.
I was hoping to buy Bakuon, but there's still no word. Universal UK really went downhill since they started working with Funimation.

It's frustrating for those of us willing to support. We've missed the release dates for Bakuon & Starmyu with absolutely zero contact :| & we're nearing the release dates for Netoge, Arslan: Dust Bowl Dance & standard edition sets for Arslan & Sereph ..all of which are due at the end of the month. Not great :oops:

Back